Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Small Online Qualifying Teammate Bug

Stuart949Stuart949 Member Wheel Nut
There is a bug in online qualifying atm between teammates when trying to drive out of the garage. When the teammate furthest away from the pit exit decides to leave the garage and the little blankets off, Jack down sequence starts, the teammate closest to the garage can press 'drive out' at any point during his teammate's 'leaving the garage' sequence and the game will force the driver furthest away from the pits to wait on the driver closest to the pits leaving. 

This is obviously a bug because whoever picks 'drive out' first, should go out first, like it has always been on the previous games. It's not a major issue but it's pretty annoying being held in the pits for up to 10 seconds when the fast-lane is empty. Additionally in this situation, the driver closest to the exit will actually see his teammate go out before him but his teammate will then teleport behind. This happens 100% of the time.

It should also be noted that I'm on Xbox so I'm still on the 1.7 build so I'm not sure if has been fixed in the latest one.

@F1Support @CmRachel

Comments

• CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @Stuart949, do you have a video of this issue please? And please let us know if it still happens after receiving the next patch. Thanks :) 
  • Stuart949Stuart949 Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 13
    CmRachel said:
    Hi @Stuart949, do you have a video of this issue please? And please let us know if it still happens after receiving the next patch. Thanks :) 
    Okay here you go :) :

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stoo/video/37800886

As you can see, my teammate goes out and then I choose 'drive out' a lot later, yet I get out before him. And you can see how he teleports behind me as well. This was after I had downloaded today's patch  

Post edited by Stuart949 on
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Thanks for the video @Stuart949, this just looks like a minor latency issue as it's not something I can reproduce in single player. It could be that the other player sees themselves ahead of your car which would be correct for them at least.
  • Stuart949Stuart949 Member Wheel Nut
    CmRachel said:
    Thanks for the video @Stuart949, this just looks like a minor latency issue as it's not something I can reproduce in single player. It could be that the other player sees themselves ahead of your car which would be correct for them at least.
    Nope. I wouldn't have brought this to your guys attention if I hadn't seen it countless times. I've been in the 'waiting' position before as well and I will always find myself waiting a long time for my teammate to come out should he click 'drive out' after me. And just like in that clip, I am always driving with that same teammate as we practice for AOR together. When I constantly decide to click 'drive out' after him (just for fun), there won't be a time where he complains about getting held longer than be should. And he always ends up behind me on his screen, quite literally 100% of the time.

As I said, not a major issue so it doesn't really bother me too much but I just thought I'd report it anyway :)