Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Just lost all of my reputation levels

hi, I’m racing with Mclaren and I am at China S1.

so I just finished FP2 and saw that al of the reputation levels where gone only Sauber stayed.

think it is a glitch with the new patch because didn’t have it on previous patches. Hope this will be resolved


Comments

  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @MikavB, what platform are you on? Do you have any screenshots of the issue? What were you doing in each session (retiring, getting disqualified etc). Thanks :)
  • patronaspatronas Member Unleaded
    Ive got bit of problem with team expectations the want me to q and finish races no lower than second im with force india 3rd quickest team fast enough to win the odd race but not to finish second every race before patch 1.9 ive all ways had realistic expectations from team but now the are expecting is to out perform the car pace all the time 
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    @patronas, please make a separate thread when the issue you're having is different to the original poster's issue.
  • MikavBMikavB Member New Car Smell
    CmRachel said:
    Hi @MikavB, what platform are you on? Do you have any screenshots of the issue? What were you doing in each session (retiring, getting disqualified etc). Thanks :)
    Hi Rachel, I’m on PS4 and it happened when I crashed in FP1. it started raining but I still was driving on slicks so spun out in the wall. That’s all. After that it didn’t came back
  • JockmcbairdJockmcbaird Member Unleaded
    MikavB said:
    CmRachel said:
    Hi @MikavB, what platform are you on? Do you have any screenshots of the issue? What were you doing in each session (retiring, getting disqualified etc). Thanks :)
    Hi Rachel, I’m on PS4 and it happened when I crashed in FP1. it started raining but I still was driving on slicks so spun out in the wall. That’s all. After that it didn’t came back
    i lose them all the time. i cant pinpoint what causes it. im also on ps4
  • SauloCirineuSauloCirineu Member Unleaded
    Same reason why no one wants J. Palmer...
  • BoothJoeBoothJoe Member Unleaded
    I always thought that your reputation (as in real life) should fluctuate based on how well or poorly you do. So I expect it to go up and down with other teams during the season. Is it supposed to just keep growing...maybe only speeding up or slowing down as you progress?
  • SadlerSadler Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited October 17
    It's not a bug. You crashed. If you do that in game, as in real life, you lose alot of reputation.

    It's been the same since launch and not changed in the patches. Plenty of threads throughout the forum on the same issue.


  • MikavBMikavB Member New Car Smell
    Sadler said:
    It's not a bug. You crashed. If you do that in game, as in real life, you lose alot of reputation.

    It's been the same since launch and not changed in the patches. Plenty of threads throughout the forum on the same issue.


    Yeah but that’s is pretty unrealistic, if you would crash in real life, sure all teams within the top 5 will make you lose a lot of reputation. But all of them at the same time and even low midfield teams like STR and Haas.
  • MikavBMikavB Member New Car Smell
    MikavB said:
    Sadler said:
    It's not a bug. You crashed. If you do that in game, as in real life, you lose alot of reputation.

    It's been the same since launch and not changed in the patches. Plenty of threads throughout the forum on the same issue.


    Yeah but that’s is pretty unrealistic, if you would crash in real life, sure all teams within the top 5 will make you lose a lot of reputation. But all of them at the same time and even low midfield teams like STR and Haas.
    And actually didn’t have this glitch in my previous career with Force India.
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    @MikavB, if you crash/retire/DSQ during a session then your reputation levels will go down so that's not a bug. If you suddenly lost all reputation on all teams (so back to 0) after coming 1st in a session, when those levels were quite high before the session, then that would be a bug. As you're only on China in Season 1 and crashed during a session then I'd say this is working as intended.
  • fraggifraggi Member New Car Smell
    edited October 19
    Already posted it in this thread but I think it fits in here: 

    I finished 6th in a wet race in Sochi (Teammate 8th). Thats way above the expectations and still I lose half my rep with the top teams

    https://imgur.com/1bhGSJL
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    @fraggi, did you beat drivers in those teams? Did you collide with any of them? Did you cause them to DNF? 
  • fraggifraggi Member New Car Smell
    edited October 19
    @CmRachel, I beat Verstappen because he had technical difficulties and came 15th or so and Bottas who started behind me because of penaltys. He finished 10th in the end I think.
    There was an incident at the start of the race where Bottas nearly spun me around but thats all. We Both were unharmed or at least did not need to stop for repairs.
    In my experience beating one of the top teams in a slower car helps with reputation, thats why this is so odd imho.
    Post edited by fraggi on
  • fraggifraggi Member New Car Smell
    Ok so, @CmRachel, I did some testing. I had backups from my remotefolder from quali and from a mid-race save.

    When I loaded back into the race and simulated the session to the end the same happend as in my screenshot.
    Then I loaded the race, restarted the session and simulated it shortly after the start: same thing, lost half my rep.
    Last I loaded my quali-save, startet the race, simulated it to the end: No loss of reputation.

    What I reckon: Maybe there is a problem with replays/sessionrestarts and reputation. I restarted the race because on the first try the AI was breaking so early into turn 1 that I just rammed in the back of them and it caused a lot of havoc :)
    That would have caused the loss of rep but should not be counted when reverted or is that intentional?
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    @fraggi, I'll do some investigating and if there's a problem I'll log a report for it.
  • fraggifraggi Member New Car Smell
    Thank you very much.
    I redid the race yesterday. I didnt come 6th this time but it was still ok and I did not loose any rep so its okay.
    Hooray for having backup saves :)
Sign In or Register to comment.