Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

TIme for a new TOCA game

Codemasters Id love to see the Toca series grace my ps4 , was a great fan of this in the early days. in fact id like to see you guys take on Slighlty Mad studios and create a racing sim like Project cars. They have good ideas but are absolutley crap in putting out game that works out of the box. I know you have your critics, but I really feel you could do a better job.
Yours truly.

Comments

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Wheel Nut
    A new TOCA game would be amazing indeed, it's surely one of the few good titles by Codies unlike their F1 series....

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    edited November 3
    It's something I was thinking about; we have plenty of track-based car racing games (Forza 7. GT Sport, Project CARS 2), but few of them have the heart that the ToCA Race Driver series had: an integrated story with video linking it all together, making you want to progress.

The new Need For Speed Payback seems to be trying a story mode, but we've not had one in a track racing game for a while now (okay there were elements in GRID 2).

Imagine if it was done fully properly: you start in go-karting with a collection of fleshed out personality racing driver friends/rivals, then progress into tin-tops, open wheel, GT, whatever series Codemasters can license, and some of your friends/rivals from the past end up in those series too (as per real life with Hamilton vs Rosberg, Kubica etc in lower formula). You could then still chop-and-change series, maybe with the ultimate goal of becoming the complete racing driver and beating all those your started out your career with, in all disciplines. Sort of like Alonso trying to win IndyCar, prototypes, etc, he'd know people in each category from previous series he competed in.

Plus Codemasters AI for cars you race against (notwithstanding safety cars/pitstops) tends to give a pretty decent challenge.

If something like that existed, I wouldn't even mind whether it had BTCC or not (though it should haha).