Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Gran Turismo Sport: Does Anyone Own This Yet and Have You Played It?

McStanleyMcStanley Member New Car Smell
The long and next game in the Gran Turismo series was released today (Wednesday 18th October 2017), in the form of Gran Turismo Sport. The first Gran Turismo game, for PlayStation 4.

Has anybody purchased their copy yet? My pre-order of it arrived today, but sadly, I haven't had time to play it, today. :'( (I have also have DiRT 4 next to it, that I haven't had chance to play either!).

Can anyone wet my appetite for it?

McStanley
A DiRT Games Fan

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited October 19
    Nope and I have no plans to. It has about as much content as GT 5 prologue. For online I’m sure it’s great, but I’m not paying to play a game online, as I already pay for my broadband. Honestly PD have lost it, they were once kings of racing, the GT series is what got me interested in racing games. But now it takes them 10 years to release games and they are somehow still unfinished. It only has 6 real world tracks, and most of what made GT special is gone.
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member New Car Smell
    edited October 19
    I played it today. It does have as much content as Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. It seems to be more about Internet racing, which I will not be doing. Unless you do this, there's not much else to do, which is a shame. I payed £46.00 for the game, which is expensive unless you will play online. Not fair really.

Not quite 10 years. Gran Turismo 6 came out in 2013 which is 4 years, which is still long enough.

Here is a list of the Gran Tursimo games that have been released, with the year of release following the title in brackets:

Gran Turismo (1997/1998)
    Gran Turismo 2 (1999)
    Gran Turismo 3: A-spec (2001)
    Gran Turismo Concept: 2001 Tokyo (2002)
    Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Seoul (2002)
    Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva (2002)
    Gran Turismo 4: "Prologue" (2003/2004)
    Gran Turismo 4 (2004/2005)
    Gran Turismo HD (2006)
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2007/2008)
    Gran Turismo (2009)
    Gran Turismo 5 (2010)
    Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition (2012)
    Gran Turismo 6 (2013)
    Gran Turismo Sport (2017)

McStanley
    Post edited by McStanley on
    A DiRT Games Fan
    edited October 19
    It was a slight exaggeration, but GT5 was an unfinished game, so between 4 and 6 there was a big gap, even then GT6 wasn’t finished. The online system is great, as it follows/copies iRacing rank system, so if you drive dirty then you will be moved to face similar drivers. If Forza 7 had that system it would be a perfect game. Forza 7s content with GT Sports online system would make for a perfect game. I just don’t get what happened to PD, 1 to 4 was amazing, after that it all went downhill.
    edited October 19
    How was Gran Turismo 5 and 4 unfinished. I enjoyed them both. I still do. I have done over 47,000 miles in total on Gran Turismo 5!

McStanley.
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    I bought GT sport not knowing that there is no classic cars in the game so it will probably go on the shelf until they bring out a car pack dlc.
    The funny thing is the intro video shows a wide range of classic cars so go figure.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    I played the demo last week and enjoyed it, but the lack of tracks totally killed it for me. I'd much rather pick up PCars 2 having looked up the reviews!
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    edited October 20
    Hughesy said:
    Nope and I have no plans to. It has about as much content as GT 5 prologue. For online I’m sure it’s great, but I’m not paying to play a game online, as I already pay for my broadband. Honestly PD have lost it, they were once kings of racing, the GT series is what got me interested in racing games. But now it takes them 10 years to release games and they are somehow still unfinished. It only has 6 real world tracks, and most of what made GT special is gone.
    I haven't bought it for this reason. Although I've heard they're planning to release free content as time goes on, but then why release it so void of content? It looks like a good game for online racing but just so little else to do. I'd pick it up for £20 in its current state, not £40 + 

If they had spent another few months adding in some more tracks and cars, I'd be right on it at release. Even a little more single player would be good. But nope, have to get it out just in time for Christmas I suppose.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

I bought GT sport not knowing that there is no classic cars in the game so it will probably go on the shelf until they bring out a car pack dlc.
    The funny thing is the intro video shows a wide range of classic cars so go figure.

That's just to tease players, to make them think there is more in the game before they get to main menu for the first time and there isn't. That teased and made me think there's a massive collection.

McStaney
    A DiRT Games Fan

I haven't bought it for this reason. Although I've heard they're planning to release free content as time goes on, but then why release it so void of content? It looks like a good game for online racing but just so little else to do. I'd pick it up for £20 in its current state, not £40 + 

If they had spent another few months adding in some more tracks and cars, I'd be right on it at release. Even a little more single player would be good. But nope, have to get it out just in time for Christmas I suppose.

I agree. If I knew that Gran Turismo Sport was like this, I would wait a few months probably be until next year, however, until I can get it for around £20.00 and I wouldn't feel ripped off. I pre-ordered it, not knowing it was an online game, or most of it is. I paid £46.00 for it and feel ripped off for that. I am sad to say this about a Gran Turismo game, as love this series, but I wish it had more content, without playing online. There's more to do on Gran Turismo 5 and 6 for goodness sake, so no, Gran Turismo Sport has let me down. The graphics in this respect is perfect, but the lack of things to do for non-online players just spoils the game completely. Not fair really.

We have Wi-Fi here, but it's so rubbish that your lucky if it loads the page to a forum. No way it would work properly for an online game, so I know just by this that I can't play Gran Tursimo Sport online.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    McStanley said:
    How was Gran Turismo 5 and 4 unfinished. I enjoyed them both. I still do. I have done over 47,000 miles in total on Gran Turismo 5!

McStanley.
    Gran Turismo 5 is one of my favorites in the series along with GT 1 and 2. I just played it the other day and realized how much I love the handling model in GT 5. It feels so good to drives the cars, I love how the cars drive in GT 5. Sure the Standard cars are kind of lame and the audio sucks but I never get tired of working my way up to buy a new racing machine to enter a new cup for a chance to win big cash and rare cars. Its really fun to go wheel to wheel in GT 5. Now about GT Sport. I decided to hold off and wait out this game because I looking to the road ahead (sorry for the bad pun). GT Sport has all Premium models. I don't car for all the fake cars but I'm glad they have some quality control in this game. They also held on to some of the best manufactures. Another thing they did better in GT Sport was improve the car audio. It sounds so much better then previous titles. I look at these improvements and have hope that GT 7 will include these things and improve even further (and add a full career mode).
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
    edited October 20
    I love the way the cars drive in Gran Turismo 5, which is why out of the Gran Turismo games I own, that get's played the most. I've done 47,000 miles plus on that game, so I think that is evidence.

What's the total mileage you have done, DiRTKiNG808, on Gran Turismo 5?

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    McStanley said:
    I love the way the cars drive in Gran Turismo 5, which is why out of the Gran Turismo games I own, that get's played the most. I've done 47,000 miles plus on that game, so I think that is evidence.

McStanley
    I might sound like I noob, but how do I find that number? Then I will check and post it when I get home.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
    edited October 20
    McStanley said:

McStanley.
    Most of the cars in GT5 were ported  directly from GT4 because they rushed the game out (even though they had bloody years to complete it) also the career mode was tiny in comparison to GT4 or against Forza. If you read into the development they had major issues making the game, it wasn’t up to spec vs previous GT games or the competition. It also struggled to stay at 60fps, which for me was a huge issue in a racing game that goes for perfection.

I still put a lot of hours into it, as the driving model was great, but GT6 was what GT5 should have been, but when you compare it to what Forza was doing in a shorter amount of time as well, it’s clear PD isn’t the same as it once was.
    Go on your Career home screen and on the left hand column, below your name is Profile. Click on that and it tells you however. The game counts your mileage, but only stays there if you save the game on your Career home screen.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    @Hughesy

Some of the cars on Gran Turismo 5 did not exist in real life when Gran Turismo 4 was released, so how can those cars be the same?

I never played Forza Motorsport. I don't own an Xbox and never have. I don't like them. Sorry, no offence intended here.

McStanley

A DiRT Games Fan
    Hughesy said:
    McStanley said:

McStanley.
    Most of the cars in GT5 were ported  directly from GT4 because they rushed the game out (even though they had bloody years to complete it) also the career mode was tiny in comparison to GT4 or against Forza. If you read into the development they had major issues making the game, it wasn’t up to spec vs previous GT games or the competition. It also struggled to stay at 60fps, which for me was a huge issue in a racing game that goes for perfection.

I still put a lot of hours into it, as the driving model was great, but GT6 was what GT5 should have been, but when you compare it to what Forza was doing in a shorter amount of time as well, it’s clear PD isn’t the same as it once was.
    The weird moon missions in GT 6 still make my laugh. I wonder why they even spent time on it.
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Because moon.

I'm waiting for Gran Turismo 7. I legit suck in the demo and am not paying premium to get my ass handed to me online.
    McStanley said:

McStanley
    It says I only have 2,297 Miles. That's strange because I have Gold Tropheys all the way through professional cup and some beyond that. I have played this game a lot. I don't know why the miles are so low.
    As I said, for the mileage to stay and keep counting, you have to save the mileage on your career page. When the game automatically saves after a race, it doesn't save the mileage. You have to manually save the mileage figure yourself. I worked this out, that the game doesn't save your mileage by itself.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan

The weird moon missions in GT 6 still make my laugh. I wonder why they even spent time on it.

I agree. The Moon Missions are fun, but made at the same time. The moon in a racing game is odd, but quirky.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan