Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Latest patch for Xbox One (1.8 / 1.9): AI drivers overtake you during SC

I'm on Xbox One and had a race yesterday (Spa) in career mode, the first after installing the latest patch. Later in the race there was a SC and when I was in the queue behind it, two AI drivers tried overtaking me. At first I let one past and when I went to take the place back I had 'illegal overtake' and had to give the place back. The second time I didn't let the AI driver past, but they tried a number of times to get past me under SC. I don't remember this happening prior to the latest (1.8 or 1.9) patch, this needs to be sorted asap; unacceptable.

Comments

• HoogHoog Member New Car Smell
    I'm on PS4 and had this aswell on Hungary.
    AI bumped into me from the back while with SC, after that he bumped into my side and was slightly ahead, then i overtook him again and i had illegal overtake. after that one other car overtook me.

Also i had an illegal overtake when going into pit, which was only for a few seconds since i was driving slow.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    You both need to read the forum this is a known issue not fixed in the latest patch.

It is on the list for patch 1.10

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    F1 2017 Season 15 F8 Car: Haas Teammate: winchy33
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|RX480 8GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G25 GTEye/G230 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• IndyJonesJnrIndyJonesJnr Member New Car Smell
    I did a search stevie but nothing came up for anything similar to my issue so I started a new thread. How long has it been a known issue for exactly? If it's known why wasn't it fixed in the latest patch?
  • CmRachelCmRachel Member, Codemasters Unleaded
    Hi @IndyJonesJnr, was your car ghosted when the AI cars tried to overtake you? Were you or the AI cars being lapped just before the Safety Car came out? (did you notice Blue flag conditions or the AI's positions compared to yours?)
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    I did a search stevie but nothing came up for anything similar to my issue so I started a new thread. How long has it been a known issue for exactly? If it's known why wasn't it fixed in the latest patch?

I'm on Xbox One and had a race yesterday (Spa) in career mode, the first after installing the latest patch. Later in the race there was a SC and when I was in the queue behind it, two AI drivers tried overtaking me. At first I let one past and when I went to take the place back I had 'illegal overtake' and had to give the place back. The second time I didn't let the AI driver past, but they tried a number of times to get past me under SC. I don't remember this happening prior to the latest (1.8 or 1.9) patch, this needs to be sorted asap; unacceptable.
    https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59046/safety-car-bug/p1

Appears in a few other threads like Multiple bugs 1.9 etc.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    F1 2017 Season 15 F8 Car: Haas Teammate: winchy33
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|RX480 8GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G25 GTEye/G230 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

CmRachel said:
    Hi @IndyJonesJnr, was your car ghosted when the AI cars tried to overtake you? Were you or the AI cars being lapped just before the Safety Car came out? (did you notice Blue flag conditions or the AI's positions compared to yours?)
    No none of that was happening to me . I was on the lead lap and caught up to the car in front not long after the SC started. The AI cars (Massa, then Sainz behind him) caught up behind me and stayed there briefly. before both attempting to overtake. As I mentioned, Mass kept the position because of the 'illegal overtake' message I had when trying to get my original place back, but I didn't let Sainz past although he tried more than once. It's strange how I haven't had that until now if it's been know for a while.
    Bit of an update on this matter, I had the next career race at Monza a couple of days ago and there was another SC period. This time no AI driver tried to overtake me, so it must be track-specific. When is the next patch due for release?
    Another update on this: I had a race yesterday at Abu Dhabi where there was a Safety Car on lap 22 of a 28 lap race. on the final lap before the SC came in one of the AI Renaults (Palmer) directly behind me, tried to get past me on the second back-straight but I blocked him and he backed off. Shortly after he came close again and I then ghosted,so he went straight through me. When I tried to take the place back I got the 'illegal overtake' warning and the radio message to give the place back.

As I had done a mid-session save shortly before, I re-loaded that and tried to get around to the end of the lap for green flags but the same thing kept happening over and over again; and after 15 minutes of trying to persevere I simulated the last few laps, which ruined things as far as I'm concerned. This is pretty ridiculous now, the SC is clearly still broken and has not been fixed; I'm on patch 1.13. I've now turned off the SC to avoid something like that happening again.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Had this on several occassions but don't remember what track, so can't tell you if its track specific. I'm on Xbox One too.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

Have you had this recently? I thought it had been fixed but obviously not. I guess it won't get fixed now because they're working on the 2018 game; very disappointing that the game still has serious bugs that can ruin races.