Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

100% Race Distance Short Circuits

ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Pit Crew
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but a real F1 race distance is the first lap to take the distance past 305km, but if you do a 100% race on the short circuits, the race distance is just the number of laps of the race for the full circuit. As this is an extremely simple bug, does anyone know if it is going to be fixed?
Post edited by Foreverchamps on

Comments

• ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Pit Crew
    Sorry to bump my own thread, but has anyone else had any issues with this?
    edited November 6
    @F1Support @jennyannem Are you aware of this bug?
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Co-Driver
    How is this a bug?? Its a short circuit none of these circuits are in the F1 calendar so how can you apply FIA rules to it? Codemasters have enough trouble with wear percentage,fuel and AI pit stops as it is, leaving it at the same laps as the full circuit is easy to code. Just because you think it should be a certain way doesn't make it a bug. 
    How is this a bug?? Its a short circuit none of these circuits are in the F1 calendar so how can you apply FIA rules to it? Codemasters have enough trouble with wear percentage,fuel and AI pit stops as it is, leaving it at the same laps as the full circuit is easy to code. Just because you think it should be a certain way doesn't make it a bug. 
    It is a bug, because if any circuit, whether or not currently on the calander, were to be added to the calander at any point, this circuit would have to follow the 305km rule with regards to race distance.

The reason why it is an issue, is because on some short circuits, the track is half the distance of the main track, and therefore a 100% race can be finished in under an hour.

I appreciate it may not be the biggest issue in the game, but it should be fairly easy to fix and to be honest choosing to keep it as the same number of laps simply because "it is easy to code" is not an excuse, because when spending a lot of money on a game like this, you expect things to be done correctly, not just done for simplicity of the coders.
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Co-Driver
    edited November 7
    My point is While they are not on the calendar there is no real need or rush. And ITS NOT A BUG It wouldn't be that simple to fix given the state of the code. There are a lot more serious issues in the game that codemasters should be worried about. 
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Hello Foreverchamps, this isn't a bug, it was a concious decision taken by the designers.

• TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Unleaded
    It is a bug, because if any circuit, whether or not currently on the calander, were to be added to the calander at any point, this circuit would have to follow the 305km rule with regards to race distance.

The reason why it is an issue, is because on some short circuits, the track is half the distance of the main track, and therefore a 100% race can be finished in under an hour.

I appreciate it may not be the biggest issue in the game, but it should be fairly easy to fix and to be honest choosing to keep it as the same number of laps simply because "it is easy to code" is not an excuse, because when spending a lot of money on a game like this, you expect things to be done correctly, not just done for simplicity of the coders.
     But these circuits aren't being added to the calendar. They don't exist in career mode except for the invitational events. So there is absolutely no need for them to adhere to this "305km" rule.
    F1Support said:
    Hello Foreverchamps, this isn't a bug, it was a concious decision taken by the designers.

May I ask the reasoning behind this decision, as it just leads to races on these tracks being extremely and unrealistically short.

I appreciate that these tracks are not on the calendar, but from what I remember of the F1 2013, the tracks such as Brands Hatch and Jerez all ran to the 305km rule, so why would this be different for the short versions of the actual F1 tracks.

TAKIINOUE said:

But these circuits aren't being added to the calendar. They don't exist in career mode except for the invitational events. So there is absolutely no need for them to adhere to this "305km" rule.

I understand that, but the reason why the FIA use the 305km rule is to try to ensure that the races should have similar characteristics in terms of race length, regardless of which track they are racing at. If I run a 100% race, I don't expect the race to be over in just over half an hour.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited November 14
    2013 was calculated on the back of a fag packet  B)

80's Content

2013 Brands was 75 laps, approx. 293 km (Looks to be the same layout as always)
    2013 Jerez was 72 laps, approx. 304 km in 80's layout.
    90's Content
    2013 Estoril, 71 laps, approx. 309 km in 90's layout
    2013 Imola, 63 laps, approx. 312 km (Looks to be the same layout as always)

They are all there or thereabouts. Not a fan of the short tracks so personally don't care that much what conscious decisions were made with regard to length of 100% race on short circuits. Keep those for the Forza's, pCars, GT's of this world and give us old F1 tracks we can appreciate. 

You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.