Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Co-Driver Timing

I'd like to see hear the co-driver calls come a little earlier than the earliest setting in the options.

On the VERY rare occasion I get a good rhythm going, the notes don't come soon enough and the co-driver will be calling out events as they happen. On top of that, a single turn can completely change the way a driver might want to handle a corner/line, for example those sneaky 'acute left/right's' hidden behind a crest or a rock wall on the inside of a fast 6.  Having the notes come a little sooner would give the driver a chance to plan out their line well in advance.

I've also seen a few threads around about an editor for the pace notes. I think that is a good idea, although I don't know how difficult it would be to identify and change a specific note from an entire stage. If it's doable, I would make use of it here and there for sure. 

Comments

• AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Steward
    You can change the timing of the notes in the preferences menu to make them come up either earlier or later. :smile: 
  • CafoursCafours Member New Car Smell
    Areyouben, i think the OP is aware of this and i also get the problem he is having sometimes too.

I would say not to make all the notes earlier in general but perhaps fine tune them a little bit so some of the more complicated sections are delivered at more convenient times. As sometimes on longer more open sections you get notes really quite far in advance and i end up braking for a right 2 when its actually a right 4 :)
    Follow me on twitch! Username: Ca4s

• Corsa997Corsa997 Member New Car Smell
    I agree, but the subjective nature of this will ultimately leave it less than optimal for some.

Remedy?  Learn the track, they're not that long.
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Steward
    Aah I missed the end of the first line of OP, sorry. :blush: 
  • CafoursCafours Member New Car Smell
    They aint that long? 

erm some of the stages are way over 7 minutes. and things happen that quickly, im thinking welsh stages, that there isnt time to learn the course. 

I'll admit, 32 hours into the game and i rely massively on the pace notes to keep me on course.
    Follow me on twitch! Username: Ca4s

• SkunkmeisterSkunkmeister Member Unleaded
    I also have problems with some of the pace notes. Most of the time they are ok, but some come a bit late, usually when a corner tightens or in a long set of fast corners. Just requires some tweaking I think. A system that makes it easy to identify calls you don't like would be great.
  • Corsa997Corsa997 Member New Car Smell
    Cafours said:
    They aint that long? 

erm some of the stages are way over 7 minutes. and things happen that quickly, im thinking welsh stages, that there isnt time to learn the course. 

I'll admit, 32 hours into the game and i rely massively on the pace notes to keep me on course.
    Fair enough, must be the Nordschliefe junkie in me.

Bottom line, after reading the article about how proud the devs are of their real world route calling experience on top of the time spent doing the co-drive calls for the game, we're going to need to get used to it the way it is.

• TouringBubbleTouringBubble Member New Car Smell
    I also have problems with some of the pace notes. Most of the time they are ok, but some come a bit late, usually when a corner tightens or in a long set of fast corners. Just requires some tweaking I think. A system that makes it easy to identify calls you don't like would be great.
    This is the same issue that I have. Most of the notes are fine, but occasionally I'm only beginning to hear a call when I'm already turning it. It happens on maybe one or two corners every other stage. When it happens it can really throw you off.