Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Onrush (Arctic Edge)

FGrasFGras Member New Car Smell
edited October 31 in Onrush General Discussion
I have to say that it is great to see the spirit of Motorstorm back in a new game called Onrush!

The above videoclip looks quite early in development but it gives some ideas to play with.
First of all, the colourful snowy art-style of Arctic Edge seems to be making it's comeback.

In the Onrush clip I've noticed a possible "triggered event" at 0:44. A plane seems to fly over (and maybe crash on) the racetrack.
The vehicles I've seen so far are:
  • Motorbikes
  • Buggies
  • Rally cars
On 0:21 you can see multiple roads that the racers can choose from.

Did I miss anything?

Comments

• ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    FGras said:
    I have to say that it is great to see the spirit of Motorstorm back in a new game called Onrush!

The above videoclip looks quite early in development but it gives some ideas to play with.
    First of all, the colourful snowy art-style of Arctic Edge seems to be making it's comeback.

In the Onrush clip I've noticed a possible "triggered event" at 0:44. A plane seems to fly over (and maybe crash on) the racetrack.
    The vehicles I've seen so far are:
    • Motorbikes
    • Buggies
    • Rally cars
    On 0:21 you can see multiple roads that the racers can choose from.

Did I miss anything?
    Yes. But because it's a teaser trailer, I won't say any more just yet. ;) Loads more to come though, so stay tuned!
  • FGrasFGras Member New Car Smell
    edited October 31
    ChristinaMc said:

Yes. But because it's a teaser trailer, I won't say any more just yet. ;) Loads more to come though, so stay tuned!
    I've just found some new information in your article on the Playstation Blog and the Codemasters Blog:#

This shows information about the so called "Rush".

"ONRUSH isn’t about racing to the finish line. Here, racing with style and flair is what counts as you perform incredible takedowns and put everything on the line in order to power up your all important RUSH bar. RUSH is the ultimate power up, producing an exhilarating and devastating force which, when used at the right time, can wreak havoc on your competition."

I suppose there will be no perk system in the game since Paul Rustchynsky said the following: "The most important factor in the game is that it has to be fun. It is not about tyre choices, car setups or even racing lines; it’s about edge of your seat action and taking death defying risks in order to reap the biggest rewards,”

With performed stunts and takedowns you will probably also collect points (as we know from the Motorstorm Apocalypse multiplayer). And the fact that you earn points with everything in Driveclub. What this points can be used for is still unknown?

More images can be found here: