Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Continuing multi-player issues (Post patch 1.10)

2»

Comments

• Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Wheel Nut
    F1Support said:
    SmiX said:

I think you've misunderstood, our game runs on top of their OS, if their OS stops our game running then we can't do anything about that.

How many times have you seen the SC spawn on the track Razer12hop?
    I have seen it 1 time. But I only played 2017 for 2 hours because of the mess. In general the safety car system is a mess. The guy brakes in the middle of a lap that causes a chain hit with all the cars. So people get penalty's. If you pit under the safety car you sometimes get a penalty. sometimes you get a message overtake the safety car but when you do you get a penalty. But all these thing can be check out your self by playin the game online yourself.
  • Da1reDa1re Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:

Da1re what issues are you seeing when people rejoin?

Several times we had duplicated bot cars spawning (the car from the guy who disconnected) on different positions in our league races when someone who disconnected rejoined afterwards. These cars were only visible to some player, while they were non existant to others (say, a car spawned in front of a pair of drivers on p7 / p8. the p7 driver saw him, while the p8 driver did not, this could also happen to other drivers at the same time, but on different locations on the track). The ones who saw them also suffered damange from them, when colliding.

Also, in our mexico league race i suffered a CTD, after rejoining there were big async issues, i was driving 3-4 second behind someone, but was allowed to use DRS (i remember this happening in f1 2016 online aswell in a few instances, to different drivers, mostly in lobbys where someone disconnected and rejoined).

and last but not least, not an issue tied to rejoining, but it seems like some (or a lot?) players (me included, but also saw this in some recording from other players in our league) having lots of small lags, meaning cars in front are always moving forward and backward a few centimeters all the time. this makes wheel to wheel racing really hard. for me, this issue was (next to) never present in f1 2015 or 2016. i also don't have connection issues in other games.

• LSKoneLSKone Member New Car Smell
    @F1Support ;
    Don't have any videos of that, but if it happens again I will have that recorded.
  • SmiXSmiX Member New Car Smell
    Da1re said:
    ... Several times we had duplicated bot cars spawning (the car from the guy who disconnected) on different positions in our league races when someone who disconnected rejoined afterwards. These cars were only visible to some player, while they were non existant to others (say, a car spawned in front of a pair of drivers on p7 / p8. the p7 driver saw him, while the p8 driver did not, this could also happen to other drivers at the same time, but on different locations on the track). The ones who saw them also suffered damange from them, when colliding. ...
    This was already in 2016, also with yellow flags during whole race and those yellow flags were visible only for some players ... Cannot confirm in 2017 yet.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    SmiX said:
    This was already in 2016, also with yellow flags during whole race and those yellow flags were visible only for some players ... Cannot confirm in 2017 yet.
    These things happened even before 16. But probably for different reasons. Every few league races there would be an AI driven car lapping way slower than anyone else and acting as a moving road block.  Used to be really frustrating, I definitely remember calling out locations to see where other drivers were seeing the ghost car and it was rarely the same place. Think this was on '14 too! They loved to park up on any apex they could find!

Ghost AI cars in 16/17 seem to cause issues now when someone reconnects to a lobby after a disconnect, as if some of the users don't synch with that driver and instead they see the slowly driven AI car lap after lap, in different places from where other users see it.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • mischawmischaw Member New Car Smell
    Hi @F1Support
    We had a league race last night (Spa, PS4, 20 players) which had a huge number of issues:
    1. Corner cut penalties. A number of us got a 10s penalty for the following

This seems far too harsh, why 10s when normally the penalty is a warning?
    2. Inconsistent terminal damage. Compare and contrast the following two incidents:

3. Cars crashing and being reset to track. The following two clips highlight this:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialDrabOwlFreakinStinkin

4. Recurring safety car bug. We had a safety car come out on lap 7. Then lap 12. Then lap 16. I suspect if it had been a longer race it would have just kept on coming out every 3-4 laps. We are going to have to turn off this feature which is a real shame because when it worked properly in F1 2016 it really improved the racing, but it's unusable in this edition.
    5. When the safety car was out, it kept telling everyone they could overtake the car in front...
    6. Penalties not taken in the race are added on double at the end.
    7. Random spawning car on track
    https://clips.twitch.tv/OutstandingBillowingSowWutFace
    8. Pit assist spinning driver into pit wall and damaging wing
    https://clips.twitch.tv/EvilFaintParrotBatChest
  • TonyRacingSocksTonyRacingSocks Member New Car Smell
    Related to mischaw's post above, @F1Support can you tell us if a car being reset to track after hitting a wall is actually a fault with retirements?  For example, should we be considering such crashes with resets a retirement or is it just a general bug.

@jennyannem and @f1support

Any news about fixes for multiplayer issues?

@jennyannem and @f1support

Any update about fixes for multiplayer?

• F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Thanks for the videos mischaw. I am looking in to the issues. If you have the video of the reset to track after reminal damage I'd like to see that please. Same goes for you @TonyRacingSocks.
    F1Support said:
    Thanks for the videos mischaw. I am looking in to the issues. If you have the video of the reset to track after reminal damage I'd like to see that please. Same goes for you @TonyRacingSocks.
    @F1Support

What are you guys doing at the moment with all these multiplayer issues. So far you ignored all my qustions and come up with lame awnsers that you are looking in to it.
  • mischawmischaw Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:
    Hi @F1Support

Thanks for the response and for looking into these issues. Here is a video from someone crashing off and being reset to track.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyWrongLegCharlieBitMe
  • TonyRacingSocksTonyRacingSocks Member New Car Smell
    Mischaw races in the same league so his video applies to my post.  Thanks!
2»