Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Would Codemasters ever do this?

LUXRacerLUXRacer Member New Car Smell
I know it sounds like clickbait, but I was wandering if Codemasters ever would make a general racing game with different classes?
It seems like they have made a pretty solid platform for F1 that they maybe could use for other racing series?

Comments

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

• LUXRacerLUXRacer Member New Car Smell
    @Perator1 was that good?
    I think I remember playing Grid 2 at some point but that was probably before I ever learned to use manual gears I think... It didn't strike me as realistic though...
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

I really liked the on-track experience in Grid AutoSport, but the game around it is riddled with what I think are just terrible design decisions. I thought the career mode was crap. I thought the online multiplayer was crap. It's like the game-play design team had a contest where the worst ideas won. Thankfully, there's a free-play mode where you just pick any car, any track, & the number of AI opponents, and just do your own thing. Plus time trial leaderboards. The car handling is what some might call "simcade" - not ultra-realistic "hardcore sim" level, but not goofy and completely unbelievable either.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

• LUXRacerLUXRacer Member New Car Smell
    I'm stuck on Xbox & controller and currently can choose between Forza, Project Cars and F1 2017. Between these 3, at the moment (before batches) I think that F1 2017 is the best thought of, best designed and best handling racer available! In my opinion, it would seem like a shame if they didn't exploit their strength and experience they have gotten in designing such a good game, and not expand with a similar platform/engine/physics/graphics on a wider range of cars
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    Further back, ToCA Race Driver 3 was as good as a multi-class championship game would ever get. Look at what was in the game!

http://igcd.net/game.php?id=795481
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I really rate Grid Autosport, it's the game that Grid 2 should have been. Autosport is lacking a bit of polish (and there are a few extra tracks/features that I would like to have seen), but I think the content is solid and there is a lot of racing in there.

As said above the handling isn't ultra-realistic, but it's way better than Grid 2 in my personal opinion. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    tbtstt said:
    I really rate Grid Autosport, it's the game that Grid 2 should have been. Autosport is lacking a bit of polish (and there are a few extra tracks/features that I would like to have seen), but I think the content is solid and there is a lot of racing in there.

As said above the handling isn't ultra-realistic, but it's way better than Grid 2 in my personal opinion. 
    So do I it's probably one of my favourite racing games outside of CM's F1 series. The AI can be a tad aggressive but that aside it's quite good fun. Definitely better than Grid 2 as the SP is much too short. Haven't played it in a while but it's still a great game. Hope they make a newer next gen Grid soon .Especially now they'v ebrought out a couple of next gen Dirt's with Dirt Rally and Dirt4 we're probably due for a new Grid next.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited November 7
    Grid 2 was a huge disappointment to me, especially as Grid 1 was such a great game. The first Grid had seemed like a progression from TOCA 3 (which was one of my most played PS2 racing games), but it was like they threw the lineage out the window for Grid 2!

The endurance side of Autosport was a little disappointing (specifically the absence of pit stops and the Circuit de la Sarthe), but the rest of the content made up for it: all the Touring Car classes were brilliant and some of the other categories had some great cars in the mix.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    I liked Grid Autosport too.

The handling was good enough to provide a challenge and soemthing to learn, without being overly difficult. PCars has a lot of tracks and is fun, but I find it hard enough to stay on the track with the controller, let alone race against other cars. The underpowered Formual C types produce the best races simply because you can concentrate on racing and clean overtaking and not on spinning out.

GA had a nice selection of tracks and cars. I don't know why it didn't do so well. Maybe it was because the mutliplayer was a bit screwed up. IIRC the 360 multiplayer did not work well. Also if i remember it was on 360/PS3 just at the time PS4/One had been released, so everyone was looking for driving games on those consoles and not on the older gen. Myabe they should try a remaster.