Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Would Codemasters ever do this?

LUXRacerLUXRacer Member New Car Smell
I know it sounds like clickbait, but I was wandering if Codemasters ever would make a general racing game with different classes?
It seems like they have made a pretty solid platform for F1 that they maybe could use for other racing series?

Comments

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• LUXRacerLUXRacer Member New Car Smell
    @Perator1 was that good?
    I think I remember playing Grid 2 at some point but that was probably before I ever learned to use manual gears I think... It didn't strike me as realistic though...
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

I really liked the on-track experience in Grid AutoSport, but the game around it is riddled with what I think are just terrible design decisions. I thought the career mode was ****. I thought the online multiplayer was ****. It's like the game-play design team had a contest where the worst ideas won. Thankfully, there's a free-play mode where you just pick any car, any track, & the number of AI opponents, and just do your own thing. Plus time trial leaderboards. The car handling is what some might call "simcade" - not ultra-realistic "hardcore sim" level, but not goofy and completely unbelievable either.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• LUXRacerLUXRacer Member New Car Smell
    I'm stuck on Xbox & controller and currently can choose between Forza, Project Cars and F1 2017. Between these 3, at the moment (before batches) I think that F1 2017 is the best thought of, best designed and best handling racer available! In my opinion, it would seem like a shame if they didn't exploit their strength and experience they have gotten in designing such a good game, and not expand with a similar platform/engine/physics/graphics on a wider range of cars
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Further back, ToCA Race Driver 3 was as good as a multi-class championship game would ever get. Look at what was in the game!

http://igcd.net/game.php?id=795481
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I really rate Grid Autosport, it's the game that Grid 2 should have been. Autosport is lacking a bit of polish (and there are a few extra tracks/features that I would like to have seen), but I think the content is solid and there is a lot of racing in there.

As said above the handling isn't ultra-realistic, but it's way better than Grid 2 in my personal opinion. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    tbtstt said:
    I really rate Grid Autosport, it's the game that Grid 2 should have been. Autosport is lacking a bit of polish (and there are a few extra tracks/features that I would like to have seen), but I think the content is solid and there is a lot of racing in there.

As said above the handling isn't ultra-realistic, but it's way better than Grid 2 in my personal opinion. 
    So do I it's probably one of my favourite racing games outside of CM's F1 series. The AI can be a tad aggressive but that aside it's quite good fun. Definitely better than Grid 2 as the SP is much too short. Haven't played it in a while but it's still a great game. Hope they make a newer next gen Grid soon .Especially now they'v ebrought out a couple of next gen Dirt's with Dirt Rally and Dirt4 we're probably due for a new Grid next.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited November 2017
    Grid 2 was a huge disappointment to me, especially as Grid 1 was such a great game. The first Grid had seemed like a progression from TOCA 3 (which was one of my most played PS2 racing games), but it was like they threw the lineage out the window for Grid 2!

The endurance side of Autosport was a little disappointing (specifically the absence of pit stops and the Circuit de la Sarthe), but the rest of the content made up for it: all the Touring Car classes were brilliant and some of the other categories had some great cars in the mix.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• dirt3joedirt3joe Member Petrol Head
    I liked Grid Autosport too.

The handling was good enough to provide a challenge and soemthing to learn, without being overly difficult. PCars has a lot of tracks and is fun, but I find it hard enough to stay on the track with the controller, let alone race against other cars. The underpowered Formual C types produce the best races simply because you can concentrate on racing and clean overtaking and not on spinning out.

GA had a nice selection of tracks and cars. I don't know why it didn't do so well. Maybe it was because the mutliplayer was a bit screwed up. IIRC the 360 multiplayer did not work well. Also if i remember it was on 360/PS3 just at the time PS4/One had been released, so everyone was looking for driving games on those consoles and not on the older gen. Myabe they should try a remaster.