Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

SC DEPLOYED BECAUSE A PLAYER LEAVES THE SESSION! LEAGUE RACE!

It is so annoying...thats an old 2016 bug codies
SC comes out in online championship (league race btw) because someone leaves the session or has a disconnect?  The player crashed at 21:50 and left the session at 30:22. 

SC immediately deployed...
Why is that? Is it possible to fix? And why is there full course green for nearly the whole race?

Settings: 
50% Race online championship
short qualifying
invite only

I would be very pleased to hear from you asap @F1Support

Comments

• Far1anFar1an Member New Car Smell
    Please note that issue!

Any ideas, @CmRachel @jennyannem ?
  • DiscoDaveDiscoDave Member Unleaded
    I had the same issue and was pretty much told it was coincidence:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59235/sc-bug-1-9-similar-to-last-years-game#latest
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Wheel Nut
    I do not have evidence for my case but it happened to me in a league race as well. It is really strange how the safety car works in this game. It causes way too many issues to be left enabled.

Ich habe keinen Beweis in meinem Fall aber es ist auch mir in einem Ligarennen passiert. Es ist wirklich seltsam wie das Safety Car in diesem Spiel funktioniert. Es verursacht einfach viel zu viele Probleme um eingeschaltet zu lassen.
  • LSKoneLSKone Member New Car Smell
    edited November 9
    We had the same problem 2 times.
    But the SC kept coming back every couple laps until the end.
    We experienced this pre 1.10 and did not encounter this since, because we required dnf'd players to stay in the game. Very annoying. And sad.
  • Bojan87Bojan87 Member New Car Smell
    :/ :/ :/  I need an answer @F1Support  @CmRachel @jennyannem ! It is a mayor problem. Please write something below here...
  • JaketaJaketa Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    SC is still not coming out in Online 100% League Race on Xbox. (Sochi)

Four drivers crashed out in the rain, two of them on on the start/finish straight and always there were only VSC. That’s really annoying, it’s like there is no SC in this game!

Worst thing was: The driver who left the lobby after his crash, created a Bug were a VSC came out every 5-10 laps for no reason till the end of the race! That’s so annoying.
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Hello @Bojan87, thanks for the video. That definitely does look like the player leaving the session caused the Safety Car to be deployed didn't it... I thought we had fixed that issue last year, I'll take a look in to it.
    F1Support said:
    Hello @Bojan87, thanks for the video. That definitely does look like the player leaving the session caused the Safety Car to be deployed didn't it... I thought we had fixed that issue last year, I'll take a look in to it.
    So why was I told it was coincidence when I reported the issue?
  • SmiXSmiX Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:
    I thought we had fixed that issue last year, I'll take a look in to it.
    Since the very first days we play 2017 we (players) are repeatedly reporting it as unfixed from 2016 and 2016 has the same bug unfixed, it ruined many our league races, search the forum, how can you even think of that? :(
    Anyway, we are glad you'll have a look in to it, so hopefully 2017 will be finally better than 2016 which was left unfixed and broken (but was not that broken as 2017 is).

• F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Okay so having looked in to this it looks like the issue has morphed since last year. Back in 2016 we had an issue that any time a player retired it could trigger the safety car, that was really annoying because it meant it was seen frequently even when it wasn't needed. So, way back in March someone made a change to stop the SC being triggered by a player retirement, but that had the knock on effect of also stopping it being triggered by terminal damage because that's also treated as a retirement, that's why you're not seeing the SC much in your sessions now.

Now the second issue, I've tried this on Singapore and Russia and only saw it at the latter. But you're correct that when a player who has terminally damaged their car then quits the SC is deployed.

So in summary there are two bugs here but the net result is you can see the SC in your league races because two wrongs do in this case make a right. You'll just have to have a rule that people either quit straight away after terminal damage to trigger it or they don't quit at all.
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Wheel Nut
    F1Support said:

So in summary there are two bugs here but the net result is you can see the SC in your league races because two wrongs do in this case make a right. You'll just have to have a rule that people either quit straight away after terminal damage to trigger it or they don't quit at all.
    @f1support But are you guys gone fix this in the code as well and patch it? Or is this the final support answer that users need to adapt to the bugs?
    F1Support said:
    Okay so having looked in to this it looks like the issue has morphed since last year. Back in 2016 we had an issue that any time a player retired it could trigger the safety car, that was really annoying because it meant it was seen frequently even when it wasn't needed. So, way back in March someone made a change to stop the SC being triggered by a player retirement, but that had the knock on effect of also stopping it being triggered by terminal damage because that's also treated as a retirement, that's why you're not seeing the SC much in your sessions now.

Now the second issue, I've tried this on Singapore and Russia and only saw it at the latter. But you're correct that when a player who has terminally damaged their car then quits the SC is deployed.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. 

So when is a fix scheduled?
  • mischawmischaw Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:

Ok thanks for the explanation. But we've had people crash out with terminal damage in our league, quit the session and it not bring out the safety car. 
  • Bojan87Bojan87 Member New Car Smell
    edited November 14
    @F1Support, thanks for your answer. In fact the SC is still broken and i don't want to rule my league mates! So a fix would be great. 
    Also i want to apply as a new community manager because my feeling is that there is way too little communication here in the whole forum
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited November 14
    I hope a fix can be found. It doesn't have to be perfect as long as a deployment issue with 100%/50% races resolved. Best we can hope for at this moment is a VSC in 100% league races :( 

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• SmiXSmiX Member New Car Smell
    Chromatic said:
    ... Best we can hope for at this moment is a VSC in 100% league races :( 
    Well, how that helps? It's not a fix only a different punishment. Best we can hope is a not deployed SC when player leaves the session.
    SmiX said:
    Chromatic said:
    ... Best we can hope for at this moment is a VSC in 100% league races :( 
    Well, how that helps? It's not a fix only a different punishment. Best we can hope is a not deployed SC when player leaves the session.

The best we deserve is a functioning game.

As @F1Support previously highlighted - this is a bug from a previous incarnation of the game. To have the bug identified, fixed, and then reappear in a new version of the game is embarrassing.

This isn't the first time it's happened either. The lack of commitment from Codemasters to find a resolution is laughable. So I guess we have to wait until next year and potentially experience the same bugs again.

• cdrwmagnexcdrwmagnex Member Pit Crew
    F1Support said:

You can't be serious
    AOR F1 driver - PSN & AOR FORUM NICKNAME: DrCarter33
  • TonyRacingSocksTonyRacingSocks Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:

Just a polite note - that solution is in no way acceptable.  You admit yourself the bug has existed in some shape or form for a while now, so there should be a realistic aim to fix it. 

In our last league race, the SC came out for the first time in 1.10 because a driver left the session immediately.  The SC then came out every 3 laps after it came in and the whole race was spoiled.

Our league has now taken the decision to turn of the SC completely, spoiling a key feature of the game and sport that should work.
  • LSKoneLSKone Member New Car Smell

Just a polite note - that solution is in no way acceptable...

In our last league race, the SC came out for the first time in 1.10 because a driver left the session immediately.  The SC then came out every 3 laps after it came in and the whole race was spoiled...
    This happened to us too, several times even!