Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ
and Forum Rules
before you get started.
Dirt Rally not launching in VR: Oculus Rift CV1
So I can't get Dirt Rally to launch in VR mode and I have no
clue why, it will only open on my monitor.
Here is a non-comprehensive list of what I've tried so far, I’ve been
trying for like two days:
- Updating Drivers, Updating Windows, Updating Oculus
Software, Updating Dirt Rally.
- Verifying game files, re-installing game, installing on a
- Launching from Oculus Store (it shows up, when I click on it
nothing happens, Unknown Sources are allowed).
- “Use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active” is
- Sternly looked at the headset and told it I was very disappointed.
- Went into the hardwareconfig file and made sure Oculus was
set to “True”, verified everything in there is good.
- Attempted launching through Steam, SteamVR, and from a
- Restarted my computer.
- Plugged the Oculus into a different USB 3.0 port.
- Unlpugged all other USB things.
At this point I have no freaking clue why it’s not
working. Assetto Corsa, Rick and Morty
VR, Robo Recall and many other titles work just fine in VR. The game works great on my monitor.
- CPU: i7-4790
- GPU: GTX 1080
- RAM: 16GB DDR3
- OS: Win 10 64bit
- Monitor: AOC 27" @144Hz
- Storage: 256GB SSD for , 2TB HDD for some things, 8TB HDD for way
more things, 512GB HDD because why not at this point, there is room.
- Patience: Ready to box kick a kitten.