Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Question about championship

I wonder if is there a mode to set championship with no chance to restart qualify or race session. It would be more realistic and could give more sense to gameplay.
For instance, think about unlocking some game mode earlier if playing whole season without pressing restart session

Comments

• DeltaNiwaXDeltaNiwaX Member Unleaded
    Just turn flashbacks off, then generally if you stuff up that's it. lol
    Head of the TTC, Sporting Director and Ferrari #1 driver.
    http://s13.zifboards.com/Trans_Tasman_Cup/index.php?act=idx
    Join now!
  • fstarredfstarred Member Unleaded
    Just turn flashbacks off, then generally if you stuff up that's it. lol
    It's not the same thing. If I do a bad race start, with no restart option the only thing I can do is to continue and trying to do my best
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    You don't have to restart, so it is basically turned of.. Don't know what you really want out of this? :D
  • Brunocar100Brunocar100 Member Unleaded
    lol. Just dont restart the race. Its that simple.
  • ale85bgale85bg Member New Car Smell
    edited November 8
    Yea hit is, but... I somehow do see where he's coming from.
    I mean, I hardly ever use flashbacks (unless one of the AI drivers enters 'Maldonado mode' and crashes into me while trying to pass me, a thing that's pretty common in F1 2015), but I'm often guilty of restarting the race if I mess up the start (I don't really care if the AI cars pass me, but if I press too hard on the right trigger and crash my nose into the wall or if they crash me into the wall, I'll restart the race).
    Sometimes it's very hard to force myself to keep racing maybe without the front wing because I messed up the start knowing that I'll be way slower than any other car on the track due to the reduced downforce and that I'll also have to pit (other time wasted).

It's a game after all: I get that we should keep it realistic, but if it becomes too frustrating it's just pointless.
  • Brunocar100Brunocar100 Member Unleaded
    then restart the race untill you learn how to start. Once you do that you will be consistent and you wont have to restart the races. Its all about the practice and consistency
    For instance, think about unlocking some game mode earlier if playing whole season without pressing restart session
  • alnchnalnchn Member New Car Smell
    Some people pay more than 50 quid for this game just for fun and leisure.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    alnchn said:
    Some people pay more than 50 quid for this game just for fun and leisure.
    I'd love to hear the other reasons you have clearly already thought of...
  • AceHasnain282AceHasnain282 Member New Car Smell
    fstarred said:
    I wonder if is there a mode to set championship with no chance to restart qualify or race session. It would be more realistic and could give more sense to gameplay.
    I don't think there is but they have had it before in one of the GRID games so it doesn't mean they can't implement it however I think there's a few more major issues they've got to deal with first
    edited November 8
    Comment removed comment removed comment removed
  • RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Wheel Nut
    Wasn't there a pro mode in the 2015 game (not sure about 2016) that was on maximum difficulty, no restarts or rewind, like the OP asked about, and forced you to play in cockpit mode?
  • ale85bgale85bg Member New Car Smell
    It had restarts if I recall correctly (and yes, it was introduced in 2015 and is probably featured also in 2016).
    Wasn't there a pro mode in the 2015 game (not sure about 2016) that was on maximum difficulty, no restarts or rewind, like the OP asked about, and forced you to play in cockpit mode?
    Would be perfect with a mode like this
  • WickedBasturdWickedBasturd Member New Car Smell
    @fstarred I think we still have that race mode. Never bothered with it cause I'm not insane.
    @fstarred I think we still have that race mode. Never bothered with it cause I'm not insane.
    No there isn't
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    You could still alt+f4 before it autosaves for example.

It's all up to you, plain and simple.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Unleaded
    I'm not sure why it's so difficult to restrain yourself from hitting the restart button. Nobody is forcing us to restart. 
    TAKIINOUE said:
    I'm not sure why it's so difficult to restrain yourself from hitting the restart button. Nobody is forcing us to restart.