Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What a JOKE! This game is a JOKE

First time I'm playing F1 2017 again in weeks, I pick up where I left it. Silverstone, Q1, difficulty 101.
It's constant light rain, so light everybody's on SS, but it still makes you a lot slower. I'm in my Red Bull, driving as fast as I can, but my times are easily 10 seconds slower than the slowest lap! WHY? WHY ON EARTH DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO SIMULATE THE LAP TIMES???
I put the whole goddamn difficulty to 0 and I'm STILL struggling for P3 in a Red Bull while I OVERTOOK 2 cars on a flying lap during my own flying lap. DON'T SIMULATE THE LAP TIMES OMG!

I can still remember F1 2005 where there wasn't a single bug or glitch. Life was good and you got what you paid for. This whole game has been a joke for months now. Shame on you!

Comments

• LeoCardosoLeoCardoso Member Unleaded
    I don´t have problems like that..

Body is 7 characters too short.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Unleaded
    I've noticed several times when you start in dry conditions (I race 50% distance mostly), get 8 or 9 laps from the end and the rain starts.  The AI has no problem getting to the end on dry tyres but I'm losing 15 seconds a lap, sliding all over the place and have no choice but to pit, yet the AI doesn't seem to be affected at all by the weather.  Even when I'm on inters I can't catch them.
  • WickedBasturdWickedBasturd Member New Car Smell
    I'm into season 5 right now and never had such problems. Actually the only bug affecting my gameplay was the "team mate bug" but not in a very obvious manner. I'm playing at @75 difficulty depending on track. Could it be difficulty related? From what I've seen so far on the forums the guys playing on highest difficulty are experiencing the most game breaking bugs. If it makes any sense at all.
  • PR3D4TORPR3D4TOR Member Unleaded
    Has been an issue for a long time. Also before F1 2017. Pretty dumb. I just retire from the session once its "Overcast conditions".
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    I'm into season 5 right now and never had such problems. Actually the only bug affecting my gameplay was the "team mate bug" but not in a very obvious manner. I'm playing at @75 difficulty depending on track. Could it be difficulty related? From what I've seen so far on the forums the guys playing on highest difficulty are experiencing the most game breaking bugs. If it makes any sense at all.

Nah. I play at difficulty 80. I think it's more obvious to notice it with the lower teams. Are you playing in with a higher team? In career I experienced only the teammate bug and the safety car bug. However, the teammate bug is gamebreaking for me. I want to win the constructor title with McLaren and be on the podium with Alonso. Not winning a race and Fernando finishing 16th because his car is 15 KPH slower. 
  • WickedBasturdWickedBasturd Member New Car Smell
    @Raalte I started at McLaren with Vandoorne as a team mate the gap was quite big in both quali and races but I believe that was mostly due to driver skill (maybe a couple tenths because of the team mate bug). Then I moved to Ferrari and the average gap was @4tenths in quali track dependant. At some tracks Vettel was beating me by a couple tenths. Then I moved to Renault and I only did the quali in Australia, the gap in quali to Hulkenberg was 0.2 tenths. So not so sure about it. Also I did my last couple of races on one shot quali and 5 laps race before moving to Renault as I already won the championship and was eager to swap teams and in Abu Dhabi I could perfectly notice the speed trap difference on a straight. Entering almost at the same time in the corner with Vettel (he was ghosting as it was one shot quali) before the second DRS zone I gained around 1.5 lenghts of a car on him. Only Ultimate upgrades were left to do on engine upgrades and one major.  You clearly get an advantage but not so sure if its about the team. I believe that as you upgrade the engine the problem gets more and more obvious.
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    @Raalte I started at McLaren with Vandoorne as a team mate the gap was quite big in both quali and races but I believe that was mostly due to driver skill (maybe a couple tenths because of the team mate bug). Then I moved to Ferrari and the average gap was @4tenths in quali track dependant. At some tracks Vettel was beating me by a couple tenths. Then I moved to Renault and I only did the quali in Australia, the gap in quali to Hulkenberg was 0.2 tenths. So not so sure about it. Also I did my last couple of races on one shot quali and 5 laps race before moving to Renault as I already won the championship and was eager to swap teams and in Abu Dhabi I could perfectly notice the speed trap difference on a straight. Entering almost at the same time in the corner with Vettel (he was ghosting as it was one shot quali) before the second DRS zone I gained around 1.5 lenghts of a car on him. Only Ultimate upgrades were left to do on engine upgrades and one major.  You clearly get an advantage but not so sure if its about the team. I believe that as you upgrade the engine the problem gets more and more obvious.

Yeah, from what I understand about it, the engine upgrades don't work on your teammate's car. Aero and chassis do. I have all engine upgrades and half of the chassis. I noticed that Alonso was getting quicker with chassis upgrades. Before that it was just a stock McLaren.
  • quadrospeedxquadrospeedx Member New Car Smell
    edited November 11
    I get that the sim aspect of this game is complicated to code, yet I cannot get over how CM seem to not be able to match the teammate  car upgrades with your own car. They must have some seriously messed up game mechanics to not have the two cars be treated as the same, and to not be able to fix it. It boggles the mind. But Codemasters? Wrong name there. 
  • squallessqualles Member New Car Smell
    yeah i see these problem sometimes too... but in another times works fine... is very weird
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Unleaded
    First time I'm playing F1 2017 again in weeks, I pick up where I left it. Silverstone, Q1, difficulty 101.
    It's constant light rain, so light everybody's on SS, but it still makes you a lot slower. I'm in my Red Bull, driving as fast as I can, but my times are easily 10 seconds slower than the slowest lap! WHY? WHY ON EARTH DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO SIMULATE THE LAP TIMES???
    I put the whole goddamn difficulty to 0 and I'm STILL struggling for P3 in a Red Bull while I OVERTOOK 2 cars on a flying lap during my own flying lap. DON'T SIMULATE THE LAP TIMES OMG!

I can still remember F1 2005 where there wasn't a single bug or glitch. Life was good and you got what you paid for. This whole game has been a joke for months now. Shame on you!

I got talent. First time I have heard this, most times I see a case like this its lack of talent
  • UP100UP100 Member Wheel Nut
     But Codemasters? Wrong name there. 
    Well they are pretty much Codemaster's as their EVO team won the UK's biggest game jam just a while back.
  • MattkD37MattkD37 Member New Car Smell
    Does the teammate engine upgrade bug only happen with McLaren or all teams?
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Co-Driver
    All teams, less noticeable in the top teir teams because your team mate is always up near the front from season 1. Ive had it in the Renault.
  • MattkD37MattkD37 Member New Car Smell
    Oh wow! No wonder there's so many threads about this! I thought it was just McLaren that had this bug. That's quite a game breaking issue
    Yeah, considering the whole point of the R&D is to take a lower team and win the constructors after many seasons. Hard to achieve when your team mate is still finishing in the bottom 5 lol. I think im either going to shelve the game permanently or just start a new career with the merc, try and win WDC and constructors in 1 year then shelve it. 
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    Yeah, considering the whole point of the R&D is to take a lower team and win the constructors after many seasons. Hard to achieve when your team mate is still finishing in the bottom 5 lol. I think im either going to shelve the game permanently or just start a new career with the merc, try and win WDC and constructors in 1 year then shelve it. 
    Is that really the point? All the teams have the same kind of upgrades, so you may catch up a little but sooner or later you'll come to a point where the balance is pretty much back to the standard.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
    Well yeah because that's what it was billed as and plus, if it was the case that even with  upgrades you would remain static in the order, what's the point of having R&D you can manipulate by yourself, or even starting in a lower teir team? 

You get your resource points so the idea is you can upgrade the team you are in quicker than the A.I teams do their auto upgrades. Yes other teams will still upgrade components, that's why the performance graph is there, so you can see what upgrades do what and what is necessary to get an advantage. 
  • DeltaNiwaXDeltaNiwaX Member Unleaded
    Hence why you go to Mercedes or Ferrari and don't really need to worry about R&D till the others start catching up LOL
    Head of the TTC, Sporting Director and Ferrari #1 driver.
    http://s13.zifboards.com/Trans_Tasman_Cup/index.php?act=idx
    Join now!
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    Well yeah because that's what it was billed as and plus, if it was the case that even with  upgrades you would remain static in the order, what's the point of having R&D you can manipulate by yourself, or even starting in a lower teir team? 

You get your resource points so the idea is you can upgrade the team you are in quicker than the A.I teams do their auto upgrades. Yes other teams will still upgrade components, that's why the performance graph is there, so you can see what upgrades do what and what is necessary to get an advantage. 
    Still, I'm merely saying that the goal is unrealistic, the way the game is set. I'm not even sure how you could make it somewhat realistic but still possible to bring small teams to the very top.

Also, if it was completely realistic, you'd have to take into account the differences in budget between teams. Small teams would even have less options to upgrade. Not to mention, unless you're doing R&D for a manufacturer team, you'd have no influence on power unit upgrades. You'd also have to use a new component for each upgrade.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.