Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

This and next lap invalidated well before the end of the lap

RigorousTigerRigorousTiger Member Unleaded
Why would you give us "This and next lap invalidated" on my OUTLAP!!!!!!!????????? It is ridiculous!!!! Have you ever thought about having to cut the corner or extend the track in order to let a fast car through??!!! Have you ever thought about people making mistakes on the outlap???!!!!! We should NEVER get invalidated for leaving the track on the OUTLAP! What is the point???!!!! Especially in league races it is horrible. This shouldn't happen.
Post edited by F1Support on

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    Yeah lets remove outlap penalties so theres no penalty for cutting the final corner to get an advantage on your flying lap. Theyre following the real life F1 regulations bud. Just dont leave the track, you either have the inside or outside, choose one, one car cant make it impossible to go to both side so that you have to leave the track.
    It's not that it gives you a track limits warning, it's that it invalidates your (next) hotlap. And it is often in the middle sector, not near the Start/Finish where you could potentially gain an advantage, so Tiger is right to be annoyed, it needs looking at.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• RigorousTigerRigorousTiger Member Unleaded
    Yeah lets remove outlap penalties so theres no penalty for cutting the final corner to get an advantage on your flying lap. Theyre following the real life F1 regulations bud. Just dont leave the track, you either have the inside or outside, choose one, one car cant make it impossible to go to both side so that you have to leave the track.
    If it's in the last corner it's fine. However, I slightly cut one of the Degners once on my outlap, and my next lap got invalidated. You get invalidated flying laps even when you go off in sector 1 or 2 on your outlap and it is ridiculous.
  • IanXIanX Member Unleaded
    The track limit warning/penalty is flawed and was raised last year for the 2016 game.
    examples:
    If you get pushed off the track by another car - penalty
    If you go to hot into a corner and run wide, braking hard will not even save you from the warning/penalty

The Official F1 rule is about gaining an advantage by leaving the track.  How does the two above as exampes gain an advantage?

yes it is flawed, it needs to be looked at.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    It's too harsh, that's true. Sometimes you accidentally cut a corner that in no possible way could give you any advantage at all, no matter how you cut it, but you're penalized. It's stupid and should be looked into.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Hello @RigorousTiger, as @Frosty2081 correctly pointed out we have to invalidate the following lap if you cut a corner and can gain an advantage for your following lap. The chicane at Canada would be the prime example of this.

However, I think you're describing a different issue, one that a few people have reported but that we've not been able to reproduce, namely that you see this message when going off track well before you could gain an advantage on the following lap. It's something we'll continue to investigate.

Moved to Technical Assistance and edited title.
  • LSKoneLSKone Member New Car Smell
    F1Support said:
    Hello @RigorousTiger, as @Frosty2081 correctly pointed out we have to invalidate the following lap if you cut a corner and can gain an advantage for your following lap. The chicane at Canada would be the prime example of this.

However, I think you're describing a different issue, one that a few people have reported but that we've not been able to reproduce, namely that you see this message when going off track well before you could gain an advantage on the following lap. It's something we'll continue to investigate.

Moved to Technical Assistance and edited title.
    It happened quite often to me and my friends too. The most recent I can remember was in Spa in Eau Rouge, which is the second corner in the race track. A friend reports that it also happened in Monaco in Nouvelle Chicane, turn 10. @F1Support maybe try those.

• RigorousTigerRigorousTiger Member Unleaded
    F1Support said:

I noticed it only happens when going out for the second time in a session. In AOR Spain I slightly cut turn 7, which is in the second sector, on my outlap of my second run and I got my hotlap invalidated, causing me to not get a good time in, resulting in me being part of some lap 1 carnage. It is really annoying and can cause a lot of trouble.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 13
    Yeah I had this happen at Turn 6 at Sochi.
    It can also happen at Silverstone at the exit of Chapel Curve (where the Southern Circuit rejoins the GP lap as if you've run wide)
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• IanXIanX Member Unleaded
    If you could also look into why invalidated next lap carries on after you pit.  This has hapened only once to me this years game, but I am sure it is something you could look into as part of the invalid next lap too early issue.
     out for the second time in a session.
    That's interesting information, thank you.
    We've investigated this further and found a reliable way to reproduce the problem. Thank you all for your help.