Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

No new updates and no communication

So I guess codemasters decided to make F1 2017 a dead game what are they even doing anymore they aren't "codemasters" if they can't fix a game. so can someone actually go to the codemasters HQ and confront them about the lack of customer services and make sure stuff gets done. Cause honestly they haven't fix any bugs besides the small ones. What about the lack of v-sync thats on the xbox one (I get so much screen tear) or black spots on the track that haven't even rendered correctly. Codemasters you either support the game or you don't make the game, if you aren't going to support F1 2017 then don't bother making F1 2018, because you will just abandoned it.

Comments

• DeltaNiwaXDeltaNiwaX Member Unleaded
    They probably just sick of getting all these complaints and are just working on the updates in silence to make us rant more lol
    Head of the TTC, Sporting Director and Ferrari #1 driver.
    http://s13.zifboards.com/Trans_Tasman_Cup/index.php?act=idx
    Join now!
  • JayPhoneixJayPhoneix Member New Car Smell
    They probably just sick of getting all these complaints and are just working on the updates in silence to make us rant more lol
    There wouldn't be complaints if they would just tell us infomation
  • oner7oner7 Member New Car Smell
    There is e-Sports event, they must be working on it. I am sure before Abu Dhabi we will get an update.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    I don't think that's true. If they'd communicate that they're working on a set of issues, plenty of people would just invade the thread and ask why on earth they aren't working on something else. They'd file dumb error reports which contain no information at all, just because officials are present in that thread etc etc.

Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I don't think that's true. If they'd communicate that they're working on a set of issues, plenty of people would just invade the thread and ask why on earth they aren't working on something else. They'd file dumb error reports which contain no information at all, just because officials are present in that thread etc etc.

The can just lock a thread if they want so we can't act like the community is so bad that they feel they'd be better off saying nothing. Post an update. Lock the thread. Bugger off for another fortnight.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Wheel Nut
    F1Support
    F1Support  Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    The thread is saying that I hadn't logged in. I replied on topic.
    Thread closed.     

I guess this reply in another thread says it all. Very dissapointing and I guess he thinks it's funny too. And it's not even true, because the actual question was if they abandonned the game. They now start closing threads.       

Correct he locked the threat with the wrong reason.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    FRACTURED said:

The can just lock a thread if they want so we can't act like the community is so bad that they feel they'd be better off saying nothing. Post an update. Lock the thread. Bugger off for another fortnight.
    It's not uncommon for developers to be silent though, especially if there's a lot of criticism. I found that most of the time, indie developers are really great when it comes to being open about everything compared to the bigger studios.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 13
    I actually got reported by some brown Noser for pointing out how poor his post was!  Way to go.

In answer to his response and closing of the thread:  I will treat your contempt to us with next year's iteration being consigned to a bargain bin pick up a few months on from release.  That's if the forum is being kind. Bugmasters have learned nothing.  Your coding is laughable, and attitude stinks..

Months ago I was all about helping them out, 
    Now, I hope their e sports is a massive fail.
    F1 should boycott codemasters and move to a different studio that actually cares about the players and the game. Codemasters has done this for 3 years now f1 2015, f1 2016 and now f1 2017, this is getting out control.
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    F1 should boycott codemasters and move to a different studio that actually cares about the players and the game.
    Oh yes, PLEASE show me a different studio that creates SPORTS games and CARES about the players... I already discussed things in other topic some time ago - no one wants to even begin with creating with F1 games currently. Aside from SMS. Still, seeing how was the pCARS2 release... Ugh. No.

Codemasters has done this for 3 years now f1 2015, f1 2016 and now f1 2017, this is getting out control.
    Oh yes, please enlighten us how they did this. Not to mention they FINALLY got the physics very well, made a very enjoyable Career Mode and AI is great (mostly)? Yes, I don't disagree, there are still some serious bugs (which I feel will be fixed this year. Hopefully...), but which game don't have them nowadays... Look at CoD WW2 - graphical glitches, terrible MP at launch, bad performance on PC (again)... and that's a game by Activision/Sledgehammer Games, with WAY more resources and longer dev cycle.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Wheel Nut
    mantazzo, the issue has gone beyond the bugs in the game.

Most people just wanted a few answers, for something they paid good money for.

No, the issue is now the disgraceful attitude of the people running the forum and the complete lack of respect they've shown by blanking all reasonable requests for answers for weeks, despite the best efforts of members to bring it to their attention.

That is the reality, at least as far as I'm concerned.
    Also adding to your post, we should never forget that their car design artist did steal some content from a modder without asking for permission or at least properly giving credits and ironically that stolen car model ('02 Ferrari) is the only F1 car in the whole history of Codies F1 franchise that was modelled to "perfection".

Boycott seems to be the only option left now.

It's been 8 years of criticizing / complaining / discussing / suggesting etc., and all of that time was wasted for absolutely nothing.....

-_-
  • WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    I've done something I thought I would never do with an F1 game and have now traded in 2017. Still can't play it properly so there's no point me keeping hold of it.
    When, or rather, if the team mate bug gets fixed and (or at least or) the performances are updated then I will pick it back up again. But until then, consider 2017 sold. It's a shame because the actual gameplay is the best it's ever been but my main mode is completely broken and I don't see any point in just restarting season 1 to avoid the effects of the bug.

I would have kept hold of it had there been any sort of confirmation to it being worked on but until said otherwise I can only assume it won't be fixed any time soon if at all. The silence is a pretty loud answer it turns out. I'm as disappointed as I was back in March when Andromeda was released, and that was a real tough act to beat in that regard.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited November 14
    F1Support
    Thread closed.     

I guess this reply in another thread says it all. Very dissapointing and I guess he thinks it's funny too. And it's not even true, because the actual question was if they abandonned the game. They now start closing threads.       

What makes it better is I bet in a few months/years the will say something along the lines of the forums are shut down because of a hacker or "Your shiney new forums have arrived" so we are deleting all your observations just to wind you up with our broken piece of crap. In the old days original days of the forums it was never the case with Helios.    

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

F1Support
    Thread closed.

Looks like they thought this was the Project CARS forum - "Thread closed" is a very common phrase over there. :D

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

• CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Co-Driver
    F1Support
    Thread closed.     

I saw this on that thread. What an absolute crock. It just goes to show their true colours when dealing with us after they have our money. Ill be firing off another email to Liberty Media about the way codemasters are representing Formula 1 and getting F1 fans to turn away from a product promoting their sport. It may amount to zero but i don't care.

Do codemasters not believe in 'pride in your work' and 'returning customer relations'? Im at the point now where even if they fix the SC and team mate bug i probably wont play F1 2017 ever again just because of the lack of respect shown to us. Way to p15S off a long time fan of the franchise codemasters.
    mantazzo said:
    F1 should boycott codemasters and move to a different studio that actually cares about the players and the game.
    Oh yes, PLEASE show me a different studio that creates SPORTS games and CARES about the players... I already discussed things in other topic some time ago - no one wants to even begin with creating with F1 games currently. Aside from SMS. Still, seeing how was the pCARS2 release... Ugh. No.

Codemasters has done this for 3 years now f1 2015, f1 2016 and now f1 2017, this is getting out control.
    Oh yes, please enlighten us how they did this. Not to mention they FINALLY got the physics very well, made a very enjoyable Career Mode and AI is great (mostly)? Yes, I don't disagree, there are still some serious bugs (which I feel will be fixed this year. Hopefully...), but which game don't have them nowadays... Look at CoD WW2 - graphical glitches, terrible MP at launch, bad performance on PC (again)... and that's a game by Activision/Sledgehammer Games, with WAY more resources and longer dev cycle.
    This guy doesn't understand the fact that codemasters refuses to tell us if they are fixing bugs or even just basic info about what going on for future f1 games. there are MANY studios wanting to develop F1 codemasters isn't the only one. If nascar can be develop by a different studio i'm pretty sure F1 can to. COD ww2 had issues due to too many players joining but you are comparing an apple to a orange, they are two different games and different companys. Codemasters can make good games but will they try no they won't it would take too much effort for them to. As for the AI, the AI is the easiest thing for codemasters to keep good the speeds of the cars aren't even realistic they only go 211 the real life cars go 230, come on this game is already showing to be a abandoned project.  
This discussion has been closed.