Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why does the car move on the great straight of China?

When I put the car on the straight, it moves to the side without me turning the steering wheel.

Comments

• CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    If youre using a wheel, use the manufacturers setup program to calibrate the wheel, and check to make sure theres no weird turning deadzone settings in the settings of the game.
    I'm using X-Box One controller, in this happen in F1 2016 too, I have two controllers. It seems that the asphalt is irregular in that area, because it only happens there near the end of the line, before reaching the kerbs. It's as if the asphalt is sloping.
  • LeoCardosoLeoCardoso Member Unleaded
    Because the straight its a little inclinated to the right
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    Because the straight its a little inclinated to the right
    Must be, the car goes to left, alone...
  • RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 14
    I made a thread about this issue a month or so back, and like you i don't think any of those who had experienced it, and left messages, could understand it completely.

Like Leo suggests here, and others have said, in the end we all felt it was probably the camber of the circuit, the result of a natural slope in one direction from left to right or right to left that made the car drift off to one side, consistent with the direction of the slope.

I'd have to check, but I think someone from Codemasters then came into the thread and was confused by it and asked for video footage...which then left the impression it wasn't the organic result of camber but a glitch/bug that hadn't been caught in testing...which reassured no one.

• lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    It's also not uncommon that control sticks don't go into 100% neutral sometimes. Pair that with no deadzone whatsoever and you have the same effect.
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • DerOllieDerOllie Member New Car Smell
    very simple answer: wind. There is a breeze on such straights, the game simulates that I think...
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I had a similar issue up the kemmel in the '16 Beta, was deemed to be camber/inclination of the track.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    CavSTiago said:
    If youre using a wheel, use the manufacturers setup program to calibrate the wheel, and check to make sure theres no weird turning deadzone settings in the settings of the game.
    I'm using X-Box One controller, in this happen in F1 2016 too, I have two controllers. It seems that the asphalt is irregular in that area, because it only happens there near the end of the line, before reaching the kerbs. It's as if the asphalt is sloping.
    You've got to be kidding right?! There is absolutely nothing wrong with Shanghai International Circuit - grow up for Pete's sake!!!
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • MattkD37MattkD37 Member New Car Smell
    I've noticed a small seemingly random change of direction as well. Not just in China but on Spain's main straight and other long straights as well. I just presumed it was wind having an effect on the car at high speed. It's not really much of an issue for me, but thought I'd add my comment.
  • LouBellLouBell Member New Car Smell
    Same thing would happen on the straight in Bahrain. Can't say I've actually noticed this issue since the latest update though
    Living just to keep going. Going just to be sane.
    CavSTiago said:
    If youre using a wheel, use th3e manufacturers setup program to calibrate the wheel, and check to make sure theres no weird turning deadzone settings in the settings of the game.
    You've got to be kidding right?! There is absolutely nothing wrong with Shanghai International Circuit - grow up for Pete's sake!!!

I don't know what is child like about his opinion?

Why would he need to grow up?

Seems you are the only one leaving immature comments.
    DerOllie said:
    very simple answer: wind. There is a breeze on such straights, the game simulates that I think...
    I don't think it is the wind, though that is a logical assumption. 

It's more likely the camber, and as the circuit leans away in one direction the car starts to drift the same way.

Though that is also an assumption as I don't think we ever got a definitive answer before.

I guess it could just be a bug?

What are the odds????
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Unleaded
    Same with Spain the long straight finish just before turn 1 I go a little left too. Happened on most F1 codemasters games so assume its a track thing too? Hard to get used to though lol! 
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    DerOllie said:
    not sure if sarcasm or not? :D
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Unleaded
    Gas? We all get a lil windy sometimes...