Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[Potential bug?] Rich-mix-only in the pit zone

mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
I wasn't originally planning to get this as a bug report, since I didn't know if it was true, but decided to post anyway, maybe it actually is, although not a crucial one.

The potential bug has happened quite some time ago, I think it was patch 1.7 or 1.9, but I was slightly confused even before these patches. PC version.
After I completed practice programme I was coming back to the pits, and if I recall correctly, I was in a Lean fuel mix. While already driving in the pits, Jeff told me Lean fuel mix is unavailable, but, to my confusion, it switched... to Rich fuel mix. Not Normal fuel mix, as it was supposed to.
I felt that was a bit confusing, but I noticed a strange trend - while in pits (in the race) your fuel level always go down a certain number (and engine temp rises sharply), even if you're in "Lean" mix. I assume if you're in Lean mix you shouldn't be losing fuel in the pits... And also I feel like engine should stay at pretty much the same temperatures, and not increase sharply... Then start dropping again after exiting pits...

So, I say there's a potential bug of "Always-Rich-Mix" in pits. It's not game-breaking, but maybe someone else noticed the same trend. I agree, cars tend to heat up more with slow speeds, but if I had my engine in about 90-100 degrees range, and while in pits it rose to 110-120... I feel like something might be wrong there. It could also be just me.

EDIT: Had a go at quick race, mixes seems to work fine... I can still remember in Career Mode in some tracks it could eat like 0.1 laps worth of fuel more in the pits in the race... Maybe it was just something glitchy, I don't know.
Post edited by mantazzo on
[LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]

Comments

• mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited November 2017
    So I actually noticed it actually happens in Career Mode, maybe less in races but in other sessions it can be noticed. Basically, when starting the session (first drive out for Tyre Test in FP2) I actually started in Rich mode instead of Normal... Also when coming back to pits and in pit zone my Lean mix disappeared again (I was in Lean) and it switched to Rich, instead of Normal. I'll try and get some video footage.
    EDIT: Just to add, I currently drive for Haas.
  • IanXIanX Member Wheel Nut
    on the issue of the engine heat rising, I would assume this is correct. The cars are built for high air flow to keep engines temp down, loss of airflow from the drop in speed will see engine temps rise.

Same should happen in the situation of follwing a car, dirty air, the air is not as cool, so the engine temps should also raise slightly.
    IanX said:
    on the issue of the engine heat rising, I would assume this is correct. The cars are built for high air flow to keep engines temp down, loss of airflow from the drop in speed will see engine temps rise.

Same should happen in the situation of follwing a car, dirty air, the air is not as cool, so the engine temps should also raise slightly.
    Like I mentioned in the first edit before, mixes seemed to work fine in Quick Race - even engine temperature didn't rise, and I did check it was on Lean. Fuel, though... Quick Race - didn't drop, Career - dropped pretty quick, even on Lean.
    wow do I really need to quote everyone before I reply, cos " I agree, cars tend to heat up more with slow speeds, but if I had my engine in about 90-100 degrees range, and while in pits it rose to 110-120... " wasnt in your original post. funny how you added a second post, then did an edit on the original... for if it had been mentioned I wouldnt have bothered explaining what you said you understood, however, Yes a car could jump 20-30 degrees easily with a drop from 120kmh to 60kmh!

But, you didnt mention anything about the temp not dropping in the quick race, in either comments, pre or post edit.  you only talked about the fuel mix.   But hey, maybe I just cant see your next edit yet.   Anyways, I was just trying to help fill in some knowledge for you, we can't know everything there is to know.
    Okay, where do I start...
    funny how you added a second post, then did an edit on the original...

Uhh, it clearly says original post was edited last on November 14th...

Yes a car could jump 20-30 degrees easily with a drop from 120kmh to 60kmh

Are you actually serious? Even standing it wouldn't jump 20 degrees easily, and I've played various other games myself which simulate the engine heat (rFactor, F1 Challenge 99-02 etc.). The only way it could suddenly jump would be over-revving the engine a lot.

you didnt mention anything about the temp not dropping in the quick race

Which part of "Had a go at quick race, mixes seems to work fine" you failed to understand in the original post? Yes, I did mention only fuel in that edit, but that also meant temperatures as well being not normal.

But hey, maybe I just cant see your next edit yet
    Now I am actually curious are you serious or is your sarcasm levels so high it's impossible to understand where's the joke or where's not?

Sorry, but your answer was quite rude while I was completely neutral.

Yep

body isnt too short at all plus 10 charachters