Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Will F1 2017 introduce an update of the new 2018 season changes

xXGladitorxX99xXGladitorxX99 Member New Car Smell
Hi there,

I have always been an f1 fan, and it recently came to interest to consider buying f1 2017(PS4). However, F1 is bound to finish its season, and is to begin a new season on March 2018. My question is, will the F1 2017 game introduce the 2018 season chassis changes and regulation changes? Will it alter the teams and racers? This is important for me to decide wether to go ahead with buying the game or not.

Anticipating for your reply... 

Thanks!
Post edited by xXGladitorxX99 on

Comments

• AceHasnain282AceHasnain282 Member New Car Smell
    No, that'll be in the 2018 game which comes out later in the year
  • xXGladitorxX99xXGladitorxX99 Member New Car Smell
    But why would they release the game later. Games like Fifa for example, Releases the most recent game during the fresh start of the season. Anyways, Thank you for that m8. ;)
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    More variables in F1. 

Look at NBA 2K18. Kyrie got the cover as a Cav.

Then requested trade and moved to Celtics bit too late for them to change box art
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
    edited November 14
    FRACTURED said:
    More variables in F1. 

Then requested trade and moved to Celtics bit too late for them to change box art

I see... Do you recommend purchasing the game despite that though?
  • RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Pit Crew
    If they did release it, it would be a better product...at least that's my opinion and one I outlined in a thread about yearly iterations. 

But without a radical change to their business model there is absolutely no chance they would give us 2018 updates.

Even though we will be spending 5 or 6 months (first race in March/April to game release around (August/September) with outdated line ups etc...
    If they did release it, it would be a better product...at least that's my opinion and one I outlined in a thread about yearly iterations. 

But without a radical change to their business model there is absolutely no chance they would give us 2018 updates.

Even though we will be spending 5 or 6 months (first race in March/April to game release around (August/September) with outdated line ups etc...
    I like how you think of it from that perspective
    FRACTURED said:
    More variables in F1. 

I've personally held off after the bad experiences with 2015 + 2016, and reading on these forums about 17. Its like Marmite round here. You're either a 100% deluded Codies fanboy, or a Cynical hate and bile filled Codies Hater. Not many on the fence. I think it boils down to this:

1. If you only care for offline racing and career, its probably worth a look now if the price is right. Just be aware of the Team-Mate bug. Have a little read of the forums to get an idea of some of the other bugs and you can probably avoid some with the right race settings.
    2. If you are an online racer, its might be worth avoiding just now and see if they have any further patches coming. Either way season is over soon so you'll be playing '17 when Real Life '18 is getting underway. Black Friday? January Sales? Can you wait that long?
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
  • Razer12hopRazer12hop Member Wheel Nut
    yes you can update to 2018 next year. It will cost you 60 euro.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    But why would they release the game later. Games like Fifa for example, Releases the most recent game during the fresh start of the season. Anyways, Thank you for that m8. ;)
    Games like Fifa don't involve top secret data of vehicles. It's a COMPLETELY different story...
    Using T-Cam is bad. And you should feel bad.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Unleaded
    Its like Marmite round here. You're either a 100% deluded Codies fanboy, or a Cynical hate and bile filled Codies Hater. 
    Well, I'm neither.  So that's one.
    What is it they say about the exception that proves the rule...

You are a Codies hater from the perspective of a fanboy.

Senna755 said:
    The people who say this doesn't matter and the game is "fine", are the ones who will make F1 2018 be released in exactly the same condition.  Because it's fine.  Everything's fine.  It's ALL FINE.
    Senna755 said:
    A few more weeks and it'll be "sorry, no more patches - we're too busy working on F1 2018 now.  We'll fix all the bugs in time for that".
    Except they don't.  They never do. Codemasters are clearly all about the cash these days.  Reputation matters not a jot, it seems.
    Senna755 said:
    The only thing Codemasters are going to respond to, is F1 2018 being a complete sales flop. But of course it won't be, because we're all stupid and keep buying it.

Just bored by the way I do usually agree with you so don't be taking offense. The quote function around here really sucks.
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    **** Christ, if I hear why isn't it like FIFA on this forum one more time I'm actually going to hurt somebody...
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Why is J3 $üš censored as a swear?? He is our lord! :joy:
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    Reub09 said:
    Why is J3 $üš censored as a swear?? He is some of us' lord! :joy:
    FTFY.
    edited November 16
    FRACTURED said:
    FRACTURED said:
    More variables in F1. 

I've personally held off after the bad experiences with 2015 + 2016, and reading on these forums about 17. Its like Marmite round here. You're either a 100% deluded Codies fanboy, or a Cynical hate and bile filled Codies Hater. Not many on the fence. I think it boils down to this:

1. If you only care for offline racing and career, its probably worth a look now if the price is right. Just be aware of the Team-Mate bug. Have a little read of the forums to get an idea of some of the other bugs and you can probably avoid some with the right race settings.
    2. If you are an online racer, its might be worth avoiding just now and see if they have any further patches coming. Either way season is over soon so you'll be playing '17 when Real Life '18 is getting underway. Black Friday? January Sales? Can you wait that long?
    I guess I can wait if its worth it... I personally like offline races so don't mind. But again, the fact that you play with old teams and regulations will kind of feel awkward when the 2018 season kicks-off
    Reub09 said:
    **** Christ, if I hear why isn't it like FIFA on this forum one more time I'm actually going to hurt somebody...
    Because it is the only sports game that releases sequels after the god damn season!