Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Are you going to buy F1 2018?

LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
Now that we know that the teammate bug and the aesthetic department of F1 2017 isn't going to be adressed anymore after we had to hold tight during several weeks of absolute radio silence and the fact that Codies still didn't give an official reply to the stolen '02 Ferrari model or to what they are currently working on to be patched, it seems as if the development cycle of F1 2017 is very likely "almost" finished leaving behind yet another year that will pass into oblivion.

Truly sad indeed.

What are your thoughts, will you be buying F1 2018 or do you believe that it's time for a boycott to give Codemasters a unified answer to their questionable practices?

Let us find out together!

Are you going to buy F1 2018? 135 votes

Yes, absolutely as i still have hope in Codemasters
20%
TuttiMattiheideldrumdwin20spackmanstephenBukharovauroborosEdwardoAndrettiDauntingConchSamReaNmarosimarkKopparaEdvarPaddyserioe3345erpath1337EmilCarlssonmceci1LUXRacerNightfire1964TRC24 27 votes
No, i'm fed up with Codemasters
40%
tarrantinoChromaticdaemunBorislavAndonovAdamFreemanSmTuNggCCDriver1FRACTUREDcoolieboyImDyingYouIdiotvincenzo19Alonso86speeddemon8021Craig8728hardbakedPatrobinsonDarkthrone10RunalfJL78LChaves01 55 votes
I always buy games first hand regardless of quality / reputation and do not mind paying full price at all
5%
VirtuaIceManCofferSoupy1985Rinehart27PR3D4TORDeltaNiwaXXxProxX46 7 votes
I always buy games second hand as i either don't want to waste my money or don't want to support the videogame company
2%
QwoaXcdrwmagnexLilBrown47RhinoCharging00 4 votes
Maybe, it all depends on how Codies interact with their fanbase and whether or not there will be a open beta etc.
31%
likewiseDarkRedslayermartblokeFalcon4LGS469Alon78MrGhostO1OCavSTiagonaiFasbigfguyJP072JuanCarMRsebasdenbMoust76vvvilihaydn23LuismiNieto74bastek2504ed24frozengamerzz 42 votes
Post edited by LilBrown47 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Dez0808Dez0808 Member Wheel Nut
    None of the above.

2nd hand not option on PC. Will wait for player reviews and make decision around a week after the release
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I didn't buy this years and nobody has died. Apparently I can play it free with the trial on xbox this week? 

Lovely. Just enough gametime to realize I've done the right thing.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • JL78JL78 Member New Car Smell
    edited November 2017
    Not buying again because of the same crap every year, getting really tired of this now, and of course the Halo rubbish. Goodbye F1....
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    Switching to Super Mario. See you guys here next year ;) ;)

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    Maybe, it all depends on how Codies interact with their fanbase and whether or not there will be a open beta etc.
    Will definitely wait next year until I see what improvements and features have been made as well as player reviews, not the big name reviewers that probably already have a 9.5/10 pencilled in regardless of potential problems it could have 
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    Maybe, if it's good.

As a cockpit player, halo is propably what will kill it, so maybe I won't buy if it looks too terrible.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    maybe but in my case I tdepends on the features of the game and whether I has anything new I like the look of.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• cdrwmagnexcdrwmagnex Member Pit Crew
    I always buy games second hand as i either don't want to waste my money or don't want to support the videogame company
    I'll wait a month and then I'll buy it second hand because no way a buggy game is worth 60€
    AOR F1 driver - PSN & AOR FORUM NICKNAME: DrCarter33
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    Maybe. I don't like the sound of the Halo but there's not much CM can do about that. I will wait this time to see what other players think of the game (I never trust reviews).
  • DeltaNiwaXDeltaNiwaX Member Unleaded
    I always buy games first hand regardless of quality / reputation and do not mind paying full price at all
    I have no qualms about it, if they head the information given by people about 2017 quality then I am certain they can make 2018 a better game, not on the first hurdle but within time
    Head of the TTC, Sporting Director and Ferrari #1 driver.
    http://s13.zifboards.com/Trans_Tasman_Cup/index.php?act=idx
    Join now!
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Wheel Nut
    I have no qualms about it, if they head the information given by people about 2017 quality then I am certain they can make 2018 a better game, not on the first hurdle but within time
    Many of us have been saying that since 2010...
  • KevRusskiKevRusski Member Pit Crew
    I'll wait a month and then I'll buy it second hand because no way a buggy game is worth 60€
    This for me, if it's not up to it then I won't bother at all
  • RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 2017
    I don't always buy games second hand by any means, but next year's game will only be a second hand purchase for me, and then only after I've waited several month to see how many bugs asrise, their severity, and how Codemasters deal with it and treat members on the forum.

Then, and only then, having learnt my lesson, will I even consider the game...and no way at full price.

And anyone who has seen the attitude of Codemasters this last week should do the same.

We should be as selfish and greedy as them.

Don't let them earn anything from your purchase.

And if there are no second hand copies then that will be because there are no first hand copies, which is all they understand. 
    Post edited by RhinoCharging00 on
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 2017
    I’m done. Don’t see why I should fork out £42 and get half a$$ed excuses and a poor attempt at a game, which they’ve have many years to perfect. 
    Post edited by tarrantino on
  • IanXIanX Member Wheel Nut
    2016 was my first F1 game since early 2000s and I was appalled then by the bugs and how long it took to repair the tyre wear issues.  2017, I thought CM could not possibly screw it up more given that base code should have been corrected and it was just enhancing their R&D system.  Now, after their respoonse they will never repair it and want us to just buy next years game where they 'hope' it will be fixed.... no seriously?  Never again.  2017 was returned for a full refund yesterday and I am only hanging around to see what CM migh actually learn from listening to us as customers, instead of just thinking they are right and we are whinging over 'small' issues.  Resting on their laurels with recent win of 2016 racing game of the year, supposedly this excuses them from being appathetic towards all of us. They are proud of their releases, while customers are appalled.