Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Idea for next Codemasters Rally Game. Let's try to do a Colin McRae game.

KryspaPLKryspaPL Member New Car Smell
Hi all. I have a big idea for the new Codemasters Rally Game and also few suggestions to could make the game even better. First of all like you seen DiRT Rally was the game which was very important for the community we got a real rally, real stages and much of fun, i think the physics are a little bit upgraded in DiRT 4 which for me was a good improvement, but the list of cars could be a little bit frustrating sometimes and the stages despite they look good, the most important is that there wasn't real stages and we don't got the most cult rallies like Monte Carlo or Finland. I think that Michigan was the only bad choice but anyway. More rallies and iconic cars like from the late 90's and later are needed. And now i want to say something about my biggest idea which can be tricky to do. We got this year a beatiful 10th anniversary of Colin McRae's death. It would be such a very good thing to remember one of the biggest name again of making the Ultimate Colin McRae game like Milestone did that with Sebastien Loeb. Of course the game don't need to be released this year, and of course it's a lot of work to do. First off all what someone could need in this game is the full career of Colin from the WRC. It could start at the time of his debut in 1987 or from then when he was driving the Sierra. The most important years of course will be the years in subaru where he crashed some of the moments  but finally he achieved his first win in Rally New Zealand and then 2 years later with a big rivalry with Carlos Sainz his first WRC Drivers Tittle and also as the youngest ever WRC champion. The years later are the most iconic when he tried to fight for the victory with Subaru Impreza in these times when we got also the first lovely Colin McRae Rally (1998) and Tommi Makkinen which was a very strong rival for McRae and he was later the 4 time World Champion. Next it was Ford with his new Ford Focus in 1999 which also was a very strong team and he make a decision to join it after all these years in Subaru. He of course was very unlucky there in 1999, and 2000 but 2001 was the year when he could be the World Champion for a second time, but this one biggest mistake which was to early cutted corner cost him the World Champion. 2002, 2003 was also very frustrating for McRae with technical issues and crashes but he changed also the Co Driver because something gone wrong there. The next years some of you know well. It was Citroen, Skoda and then it could be Subaru but unfortunately we couldn't see his WRC comeback anymore. In the game there should be an era of every moments of his Career. it could be also a very motivating stuff for everyone because McRae was a person which tried every time and all was possible to see from him in these all fantastic years. About the game again. There should be also a Own Career Mode where you start from the beginning and then you fight for the victory and for the title. The physics need to be realistic but also easy for begginners like it was in DiRT 4 with Simulation and Gamer Handling, Gamer Handling is very enjoyable for example with a gamepad, the Simulation need to be better than in DiRT 4 and Rally which can be tricky but possible to do. I know of course that the biggest problem can be the License the Permit and many other but the DiRT games has now a big mileage and i think there should be something new or something special as the next game. If this isn't possible i prefer DiRT Rally 2 and more cars (also minimum 1 or 2 cars from WRC 2010s) , more rallies, and if not real stages then selfmade with not repeating corners and places. The WRC games are becoming very enjoyable and i thing it's time for better changes and new direction which can dominate the racing games market later. I said that Colin McRae tried. We should also try. "If in doubt, Flat out."  Write please what do you think about that in the comments.

Greetings from one of the biggest Codemasters, Evolution Studios and Colin McRae fans. Without you i wouldn't know so good the person which was Colin.

KryspaPL

Comments

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    So basically you want Colin McRae Rally EVO (which would not be a bad idea, if done properly) :D Also, please divide your text into paragraphs, it's a bit hard to read such a big wall of text
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • 88stix8888stix88 Member New Car Smell
    Dirt Rally 2 is definitely needed, by far the best rally game with its hard but realistic stages. I would love to add Irish Road stages to the suggestions and as dirt 4 Spain’s summer event.
    The game needs to be more involved to give a longer life to it. For example, with credits earned you could purchase better tyres and compounds, patterns etc, the more you earn the better they get but over a longer period of time, not something that’s over in weeks.

Lets hope we are listened to, as I spoke to a manager from Codemasters only a week back and he said they have nothing in the pipe line
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    The reason why the DiRT games no longer have Colins name on them is because his family asked Codies to take it off the game after his death. So unfortunately, unless his family change their minds we'll never have another Colin McRae titled game.

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Whatever they call it, it would still be cool, if the game had a McRae career playtrhrough. Call it DiRT Rally Legend or something
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • sjoerdFTWsjoerdFTW Member New Car Smell
    88stix88 said:
    Dirt Rally 2 is definitely needed, by far the best rally game with its hard but realistic stages. I would love to add Irish Road stages to the suggestions and as dirt 4 Spain’s summer event.
    The game needs to be more involved to give a longer life to it. For example, with credits earned you could purchase better tyres and compounds, patterns etc, the more you earn the better they get but over a longer period of time, not something that’s over in weeks.

Lets hope we are listened to, as I spoke to a manager from Codemasters only a week back and he said they have nothing in the pipe line
    There is a reason why they haven't put the tyres in the game. They don't want to make parts effect perfomance because that would make a messe out of the leaderboards. The parts that you could buy or upgrade weren't performance impacting the only made it easier fixing the car after a stage. 
    The guys want to give everyone a chance of having the best car. If you would have upgrades that would impact performance then if you want to set the fastest stagetime on the leaderboards you would have to buy the parts first before you could set the fastest time. 
    It would make it fair as in that the playere who really like the game and play it alot would have better chance at getting to the top of the leaderboards instead of the lazy ones who load it up and set the fastest stagetime.

You may not find it that important but if for example you set the fastest stagetime on the standard tire you would probably feel quite happy but if you go on the online leaderboards you might not even be in the top 100 or so.
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member Unleaded
    sjoerdFTW said:
    88stix88 said:

There is a reason why they haven't put the tyres in the game. They don't want to make parts effect perfomance because that would make a messe out of the leaderboards. The parts that you could buy or upgrade weren't performance impacting the only made it easier fixing the car after a stage. 
    The guys want to give everyone a chance of having the best car. If you would have upgrades that would impact performance then if you want to set the fastest stagetime on the leaderboards you would have to buy the parts first before you could set the fastest time. 
    It would make it fair as in that the playere who really like the game and play it alot would have better chance at getting to the top of the leaderboards instead of the lazy ones who load it up and set the fastest stagetime.

You may not find it that important but if for example you set the fastest stagetime on the standard tire you would probably feel quite happy but if you go on the online leaderboards you might not even be in the top 100 or so.
    Sounds good for a casual gamer, even in WRC 7 you have a minimum tire choice but it's so satisfying
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    DoubleTen said:
    sjoerdFTW said:
    88stix88 said:

Sounds good for a casual gamer, even in WRC 7 you have a minimum tire choice but it's so satisfying
    But the tyre choice represents the real compounds which Michelin uses in the WRC and the fastest soft tyre is available to everyone
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    You could always separate career and quickplay. Like Dirt Rally did. In quickplay, everyone would have access to the same cars and tyres. But in career mode, it could be more involved with making deals with tyre manufacturersrers and such. I would love that extra element of strategy. 
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • KryspaPLKryspaPL Member New Car Smell
    Didzis said:
    Whatever they call it, it would still be cool, if the game had a McRae career playtrhrough. Call it DiRT Rally Legend or something
    I thought exactly about the same name, but we will see what codies will bring for us next years, i hope the game will be improved and have rich content in the future. Greetings for all.
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    KryspaPL said:
    Didzis said:
    I thought exactly about the same name, but we will see what codies will bring for us next years, i hope the game will be improved and have rich content in the future. Greetings for all.
    I already have Dirt Rally Legend edition - it contained a bluray with documentary over McRae also, rather cool.

Overall good idea though - playing his career.
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox
  • VannipoVannipo Member Unleaded
    edited December 9
    Quite EZ,
    no VR Support. No need to play. No need to buy.

But Codemasters won't listen. I have been for such a long time in these forums, but never seen a reaction on the needs of the gamers playing their games.

Hopefully the iRacing guys will push the new GRC Mode... and... maybe they extend to rally mode :). Best physics, very nice VR and the most respectful racing sim community on earth on the track. The gamers in the world have to support the game creators, who listen to the clients.

Codemasters decided to make fast money. Nothing more. No passion anymore.
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member Unleaded
    Vannipo said:
    Quite EZ,
    no VR Support. No need to play. No need to buy.

But Codemasters won't listen. I have been for such a long time in these forums, but never seen a reaction on the needs of the gamers playing their games.

Hopefully the iRacing guys will push the new GRC Mode... and... maybe they extend to rally mode :). Best physics, very nice VR and the most respectful racing sim community on earth on the track. The gamers in the world have to support the game creators, who listen to the clients.

Codemasters decided to make fast money. Nothing more. No passion anymore.
    You're spamming iRacing everywhere, it's your new job or something?
  • huckleberrypiehuckleberrypie Member New Car Smell
    edited December 16
    The reason why the DiRT games no longer have Colins name on them is because his family asked Codies to take it off the game after his death. So unfortunately, unless his family change their minds we'll never have another Colin McRae titled game.
    What about the 2013 mobile remake then? I presume Colin's estate agreed to that one.

That being said even if you get the McRae family's blessing you still have to deal with licensing e.g. cars and so forth, not to mention that some of the liveries may not be used at all such as the 555 Cigarettes thing.