Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What the hell happened codemasters?

Wheres the updates , DLC and just general support of dirt 4 at like you promised? The game hasnt been updated in 6 months. Just after it initially releases. Way to drop the ball big time. 

Maybe just maybe theres something coming in the future. But keeping silent and not keeping in touch with your consumer base sure isnt a great way of doing business. Transparency is key. But, maybe codies just doesnt care anymore. 

@KickUp @ChristinaMc any help or insight? Please?

Comments

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I'm not saying I disagree with you but I don't remember them promising DLC. The only update I know of are the clubs that have taken way too long already. That said I totally agree with you that this radio silence is not cool at all. 
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
    At this point, I hope they learn from their mistakes and go back to early access. It's better to get the simracers feedback when they still have time to change things around. 
    -Mario Andretti
  • UnderkexUnderkex Member Pit Crew
    edited November 26
    Guys, let's face it, this is what happened:

- Codies were excited prior to release, they have done some cool stuff with the new tile system.
    - Intitial reviews were good.
    - But the initial sales weren't as good as expected.
    - Then came the backlash from customers
    - Sales and active players nosedived
    - Customers were dissapointed (physics, tiles...)
    - Devs were dissapointed (customers, sales...)
    - Bosses were dissapointed (sales, devs...)
    - Bosses ordered to put every D4 work to a full stop. Maybe the team got suspended and/or assigned to other projects.
    - Here we are.
    That's it. I saw it coming from the first moment. When people only talked about physics patch, I was sure that it would not happen (you only had to listen what devs were telling us at that moment). Some people got angry with me, now I suppose they are gone or totally pissed.
    edited November 26
    I for one have gotten myself a PS1 copy of Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0 Surprisingly I feel the career mode in 2.0 is more immersive than DiRT4
    Post edited by KingOfCoins on
    -Mario Andretti
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    Underkex said:
    - It's impossible, Dirt 4 isn't finished. Lots of patches and improvements are waiting for us.
    - What? No patches? This is bullshit. What a terrible game!
    - If only we could get a small physics patch and some more tiles...
    - 6 months and nothing happens. This is heartbreaking.
    - Ok, I have bought WRC 7 and PC 2. Time to move on.

This Forum is slowly turning into a psycoteraphy course for disappointment management... might come in handy if you support Neuville and Ferrari like I do  :'(
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Guys, let's face it, this is what happened:

- Codies were excited prior to release, they have done some cool stuff with the new tile system.
    - Intitial reviews were good.
    - But the initial sales weren't as good as expected.
    - Then came the backlash from customers
    - Sales and active players nosedived
    - Customers were dissapointed (physics, tiles...)
    - Devs were dissapointed (customers, sales...)
    - Bosses were dissapointed (sales, devs...)
    - Bosses ordered to put every D4 work to a full stop. Maybe the team got suspended and/or assigned to other projects.
    - Here we are.
    Even if it is like that , it is better they come on forums and say :Sorry Dirt 4 is a fail game and we are not gonna patch it or release DLC and we move on a new game" .. At least after this people will know about ..For example in my case would happen this i will just delete the game from steam and i would reinstall the great Dirt rally ... But they are still keeping us in the dark which is even worse.. :(
  • LOSTVENGENCE96LOSTVENGENCE96 Member Unleaded
    Well, at least it's not just me. Some real plausible stiff here
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    I've been very supportive of Codemasters since DR and used them as an example of great comms on other boards, but this is absolutely appalling at this stage. Of all the titles I play, all are/have been given better post-launch support than DR has received and the disappointments and shortcomings that people have been mentioning since day one have never been addressed in any manner. I don't like to think so, but it feels more and more like the situation described by @WeamDreaver above is an accurate one. 

Part of me is hoping that they will come out and say as much, with an outline of whatever will be worked on next (I really hope there are plans in motion for a next title and that this isn't the end of the road for the DiRT team).
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Steward
    Haven't posted on the forum in a while but I have been lurking every now and then. I must say: the silence from Codemasters, regarding DiRT 4, is deafening.

I feel like they've realized that this one was a miss and they want it to fade out. This will either bring us back in the right direction, within a year from now, or the franchise may go on an extended hiatus, like GRID.
  • RoadRunner11RoadRunner11 Member New Car Smell
    I second that. I was hyped for the release of the game like many others. The communication by Codemasters prior to release and even during the DR days were spot on and hands down the best in the simracing business. Now I wish to say the opposite unfortunately. It's been a while since we heard anything substantial from them which is really concerning. I hope this changes within the next month otherwise the future of this game looks bleak to say the least. 
  • RallyGamerRallyGamer Member Wheel Nut
    ...just 5 days to go until december 1st when Codemasters announces a new rally game for Christmas via guerrilla advertisement....just watch this forum for all the details...

RallyGamer's Playground   I   Liveries, Mods & Tools   I   www.rallygamer.com

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    At this point, I hope they learn from their mistakes and go back to early access. It's better to get the simracers feedback when they still have time to change things around. 
    I think Steam only allow a company to use EA once.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• LOSTVENGENCE96LOSTVENGENCE96 Member Unleaded
    Honeslty, I think the game is pretty darn good as is right now. Some things still need the tweaks we were promised. Its just so disappointing being told they was going to supoort this game for the long haul with updates and dlc, and here we are with jack squat. 

Remember the good old days of weekly or even monthly road books? Pepperidge farms does.. :(
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    I think Steam only allow a company to use EA once.
    Uhm, apparently not. Verdun Developer has released their second game into Early Access recently. 

My biggest worry is lack of bug fixes, you know ****'s hit the fan when even bugfixes disappear.
    FX-8350, 16GB, RX480 8GB Red Devil
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (Gamer mode until Sim improves)
    #Latvia
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
     Its just so disappointing being told they was going to supoort this game for the long haul with updates and dlc, and here we are with jack squat. 

In fairness, they never really promised this, just said a decision would be taken after launch about DLC. Not sure if support was mentioned - I think some of us just assumed that.
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member Unleaded
    Well, i hope there won't be new games soon.
    For a good game, devs need at least 2 years.
    Look what happened with DiRT 4, announced few months after the official DiRT Rally release...

And no, DiRT 4 is not good at all: is mediocre, flat and uninspired.
    Patches and updates could save it in few weeks.
  • WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Pit Crew
    I wonder what happened to the WRX license/deal?

Haven't they implied after the release that they got very excited about new a WRX deal? Or was that way prior to release?