Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DS4 issue! ( FIXED )

DynopachDynopach Member New Car Smell
I just bought this game from Steam for PC and before that i have been playing F1 2016 with PS4 controller. When i plugged in my PS4 cont. to play 2017, it sometimes double taps buttons. Example; when i reach the DRS zone i tap the button that activates DRS but sometimes it double taps itself so DRS goes off. Lots of examples like that occures during the game such as changing the Fuel mixture, when i try to make it mix.2 lets say, it goes from 1 to 3 because it double taps itself. This bores me much more then it should because i have to check everything twice. By the way, it shows Xbox buttons instead PS4 when that double tapping thing happens. Does anyone know how to fix it ? or does anybody have the same problem? I wrote the same discussion to the Steam community and they told me that i should look for answer in here.
Post edited by Dynopach on
Tagged:

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    Dynopach said:
    I just bought this game from Steam for PC and before that i have been playing F1 2016 with PS4 controller. When i plugged in my PS4 cont. to play 2017, it sometimes double taps buttons. Example; when i reach the DRS zone i tap the button that activates DRS but sometimes it double taps itself so DRS goes off. Lots of examples like that occures during the game such as changing the Fuel mixture, when i try to make it mix.2 lets say, it goes from 1 to 3 because it double taps itself. This bores me much more then it should because i have to check everything twice. By the way, it shows Xbox buttons instead PS4 when that double tapping thing happens. Does anyone know how to fix it ? or does anybody have the same problem? I wrote the same discussion to the Steam community and they told me that i should look for answer in here.
    The answer is if you’ve played less than two hours refund the game.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• DynopachDynopach Member New Car Smell
    Dynopach said:
    The answer is if you’ve played less than two hours refund the game.
    i already play it for 7 hours :(
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Where do you live Dynopach. There are many places you should still have the ability to return/refund.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
    FRACTURED said:
    Where do you live Dynopach. There are many places you should still have the ability to return/refund.
    i live in Turkey but i think i fixed it! I turned off all the controller supports from steam's own settings which are Xbox and PS4 and it never happened again but im still not sure if it is not going to happen again. I will update the discussion in the future. 
  • cheekymunkey78cheekymunkey78 Member New Car Smell
    Have you tried a free piece of software called DS4Windows (Google it).

Worked a treat for me.
    alright i made it. Last time i wrote about turning off the support of PS4 controller from steam's own settings and it never happened again since. If anyone struggles the same thing heres the thing that worked on me.