Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Update the drivers and cars

DarkenFalkonDarkenFalkon Member New Car Smell
Hi guys, there is a possibility to update the game (PS4) with the new character? Example Gasly in Toro Rosso, etc.

Comments

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    edited December 5
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59900/update-of-f1-cars-2017#latest

According to @F1Support there'll be no (aesthetic) car updates anymore.....

#VoteWithYourWallet
  • MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member New Car Smell
    Yes, they will be updated . For F1 2018.
  • RhinoCharging00RhinoCharging00 Member Pit Crew
    edited December 5
    Hi guys, there is a possibility to update the game (PS4) with the new character? Example Gasly in Toro Rosso, etc.
    There is a chance, but it is none or barely a...
  • WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    Drivers won't get updated for the game. (Licensing bla bla etc etc). The only driver change that's been done was the Kvyat-Verstappen switch last year which only happened as both drivers were already licensed in the game and Toro Rosso and Red Bull being the same company.

The closest you'll get is either mods if you're on PC or by naming one of your career drivers as one of them and playing as them yourself.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• Senna755Senna755 Member Wheel Nut
    As an aside, I'd really like there to be a ban on teams swapping drivers half way through a season.  Fair enough if it's due to illness or injury, but not just because the driver isn't making the grade.

And even then it should be the reserve driver, or nobody.  No more of this just swapping drivers about willy-nilly.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Senna755 said:
    Fair enough if it's due to illness or injury, but not just because the driver isn't making the grade.

I don't understand. Jolyon Palmer.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.