Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - the Clubs patch [all platforms] - found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Hi all,

The Clubs patch has arrived on all platforms! And alongside Clubs functionality, we've brought in a whole host of fixes for the game. If you see anything that looks like it shouldn't be there, please let us know on this thread - but for now, here are the fixes:

•             Improvements to AI in all disciplines
•             Brutal AI difficulty is no longer tied to Fearless preset
•             Tuning setups can now be used with lower skill rated teams
•             Updated driver support for Thrustmaster devices - this adds support for the T500 (PS4 only)
•             Added new support for Thrustmaster TS-XW
•             Added new support for Thrustmaster Sparco R383
•             Async improvements and updated Sponsors
•             Fixed engine audio not playing in broadcast mode from multiplayer lobby
•             Refinements and numerous bug fixes for Rallycross audio
•             Fixed crash that occurred using Party invites (PS4 only)
•             Prevented Welcome Event deadstate (PC only)
•             Pro Tour vehicles should not start with damage
•             Community Events show time of day when loading
•             Rallycross ghosting no longer gets triggered when completing a lap close to another player
•             Screen Space Reflections added (PC and PS4 Pro only)
•             Improved reflection rendering (PS4 Pro only)
•             Lobby countdown reinstated (PC only)
•             Disabling external cameras no longer forces camera back to head cam
•             Option to reset controls to default added
•             Improved stability

In addition to the above, the following changes from PC version 1.06 are now included on console:

·         Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages.
·         Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
·         Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
·         Improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
·         Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
·         Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent.
·         ‘Up and Up’ achievement/trophy will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.

Crash Fixes

·         Improved stability across the game. General Fixes
·         Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area.
·         Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
·         Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
·         Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results.

Comments

• TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    edited December 6
    Has the following been fixed on PC? (Can't test this because I've unlocked it already)
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/268718/#Comment_268718

The 'Real turbulent juice' achievement popped up right after the welcome event.
    I'm pretty sure I haven't cleanly landed a 65m jump during that stage.
    According to the Steam global achievement stats, everyone got it.

When fixed, please remove this achievement, and add it again so the stats are reset for everyone.

Post edited by TURBODEVIN19 on

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Has the following been fixed on PC? (Can't test this because I've unlocked it already)

When fixed, please remove this achievement, and add it again so the stats are reset for everyone.

Not yet! 
  • APR193APR193 Member Pit Crew
    edited December 7
    Not a new bug but disappointing that the AI in RX (particularly Supercars and Group B ) are still very slow in a straight line on any difficulty / track, making the mode very boring for offline play. Hopefully its on the list of fixes to come in the future.

Other than that, I've played D4 for the first time in ages today to see what was new with this update, and I'd forgot how much fun it was. Hoping for more updates to come now to keep me playing :wink:

Edit : also the ai still vary massively when using certain cars in a class. Would it be possible to get a more detailed explanation as to what was changed in the "Improvements to AI in all disciplines" part of the patch notes
    Post edited by APR193 on
  • hockeytown1926hockeytown1926 Member Wheel Nut
    No World Rally Cross Championship updates is the biggest bug of all.I mean this is the official WRX game and there is no new WRX content (eg cars,tracks etc etc) Come on Codies.
  • SepponaattoriSepponaattori Member Unleaded
    I can't control my wipers even though I have the automatic wiper option turned off. I'm on PS4.
  • TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head

Not yet! 
    But it's on a list and will be fixed in the next patch, with resetting it for everyone? :smile:

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    edited December 6
    Hmmm, just had my Xbox crash twice whilst trying to view the championship standings screen for my league from the main menu. 

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    Any chance on VR? A simply yes, maybe or no would do for now ☺
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    Pressed the button to see the championship standings after a club event stage, crashed straight to desktop. And of course, got a DNF for the event :-/
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. You cant have 00:22:202 sec on split one then 00:05:319 sec on split 2
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    Dytut said:
    Pressed the button to see the championship standings after a club event stage, crashed straight to desktop. And of course, got a DNF for the event :-/
    THis happens every time I try to check the standings. So some kind of bug there.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• carpacarpa Member Race Steward

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. You cant have 00:22:202 sec on split one then 00:05:319 sec on split 2
    Alvarez can. He can kick your a** anytime he wants in any given stage. Unless his car breaks down, which it did in my GRS career B)
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    carpa said:

Alvarez can. He can kick your a** anytime he wants in any given stage. Unless his car breaks down, which it did in my GRS career B)
    Alvarez man. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up by Ravenwest in the future
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • FlattJernFlattJern Member New Car Smell
    Assign Pause (Esc) to button on G27?....

I am Eagleizer

Codies won`t accept my name. Go figure...

• toddtodd Member New Car Smell
    edited December 7
    I found two things today in the clubs patch.

1. Joined the dirt cup club, did the first two stages,of the current event, fixed all the damage on the car, started the next stage and the car wouldn't go over 15 mph and had to quit the event.

2. I was creating a stage for an event in my league. The location was Michigan. Created the stage using my stage, when i hit generate it created a stage on a wales map but showed the american flag. The map was Lake LL something which is definitely a wales stage.

• sennsenn Member Unleaded
    Very sorry to say this but I always felt dirt rally was far better then dirt 4 

dirt rally the ffb physics were way better on the wheel,and you can feel the cars and road surface,

on dirt 4 the ffb is vague and just not as lively,

guess ss out of the 2 games I play the most.   Dirt rally and I still go back to it for the massive jumps ,

sorry but sometimes you just have to listen to the players who play these games
  • MyrvoldMyrvold Member Wheel Nut
    Is the "Soft Lock" broken now? No matter what settings I have on my wheel in-game or outside the game, and regardless of soft lock on or off, it is the same degrees of rotation.
    RaceDepartment Rally Games & Motorsport Manager moderator.
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    edited December 7
    First off, thanks so much for this update, leagues were the main course of DR for me, and there looks to be some great improvements to that system in Clubs.

Here are some issues I found on the Clubs site.

Bug #1
    todd said:
    2. I was creating a stage for an event in my league. The location was Michigan. Created the stage using my stage, when i hit generate it created a stage on a wales map but showed the american flag. The map was Lake LL something which is definitely a wales stage.

Can confirm. When you hit "Randomize" on a single stage or "Randomize All" on an event, the stages will generate with locations outside of the chosen location, with the flag for the user's chosen location. Hitting "Get Stage" with the randomized values will generate a stage in the user's chosen location.

When you save the event and open it back up for editing, the name of the stage on the collapsed preview will display the old, incorrect name. Expanding the stage will show the correct name of the stage.

I have not see what the actual stage will be once I get on stage, will find out when I run my test championship tomorrow.

Here is a snowy aussie stage as an example:

Bug #2
    Very minor, but when you first open your club page (mine was imported from my DR league) the "Cover Image" is simply a broken image icon. I realized later I could fix this in my settings.

Bug? #3
    When you commit a championship, you can no longer view the roadbook. I had planned on scraping all the stage info to post on our forums, but had no way of accessing it once I saved the championship.
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    Dytut said:
    Dytut said:
    THis happens every time I try to check the standings. So some kind of bug there.
    Do you know if the event was created with the "Hide Standings" option enabled?