Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Adding a team option

I wonder now that we have Liberty running F1 if Codemasters now finally have the rights to make a custom team option, with a default body, but you choose:

1. Engine provider out of the 4, Honda, Renault, Ferrari, Mercedes
2. Signing drivers, even if they are false names like on Moto GP.
3. Making your own livery and having some sponsors to select from if you perform.

Add anymore options you would like to see in this

Comments

• DD22KHzDD22KHz Member Unleaded
    It's wishful thinking but FIA is way too strict to allow that. But would definitely be pretty sick
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Unleaded
    DD22KHz said:
    It's wishful thinking but FIA is way too strict to allow that. But would definitely be pretty sick

I know, if they want to attract fans to stay, F1 and FIA need to do something in the merchandise aspect, gaming whatever, because the racing has certainly been its worse in a long time. And now we have these bollocks new 3 engine rule, I think it doesn't look good for its future
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    DD22KHz said:
    It's not FIA, that decides what goes in F1 games. FIA is only governing body, that set's rules, gives penalties and. Well. Anything, that goes into governing the sport. FOM, which is still a thing (that's owned by Liberty Media) handles everything from race calendar, media rights and therefor, handles the F1 licencing in gaming. 

But in the end, it's still wishful thinking, even though Mr. B has been ousted from his position... 
    Tunari89 said:
    DD22KHz said:
    It's not FIA, that decides what goes in F1 games. FIA is only governing body, that set's rules, gives penalties and. Well. Anything, that goes into governing the sport. FOM, which is still a thing (that's owned by Liberty Media) handles everything from race calendar, media rights and therefor, handles the F1 licencing in gaming. 

But in the end, it's still wishful thinking, even though Mr. B has been ousted from his position... 

I agree, Liberty when I look at it right now, aren't doing much better then Ecclestone really, haven't seen any attempts to improve their side of it
    mceci1 said:
    Tunari89 said:
    DD22KHz said:

I agree, Liberty when I look at it right now, aren't doing much better then Ecclestone really, haven't seen any attempts to improve their side of it
    Liberty Media has shown, that they are more interested from making the show during race weekend flashier ( and, imho dumber) than before, as seen in US GP weekend in Cota. And they even threw the old (and working) logo into trash bin and replaced it with that ugly monstrosity of a logo, that doesn't even fit in the theme of f1.com site (if you haven't noticed, it looks like it doesn't belong there). 

What Liberty Media is doing, is Americanizing the sport, there's no denying that.
    Tunari89 said:
    mceci1 said:
    Tunari89 said:
    DD22KHz said:

Liberty Media has shown, that they are more interested from making the show during race weekend flashier ( and, imho dumber) than before, as seen in US GP weekend in Cota. And they even threw the old (and working) logo into trash bin and replaced it with that ugly monstrosity of a logo, that doesn't even fit in the theme of f1.com site (if you haven't noticed, it looks like it doesn't belong there). 

What Liberty Media is doing, is Americanizing the sport, there's no denying that.

We al thought they may have hope for F1, but its not much better then Dictator Ecclestone
  • pijinpijin Member Petrol Head
    I mean Ecclestone was seen as the savior of the garagiste teams until he got together with Moseley and became a profits only guy. 

Point is, you can hardly judge their performance until they’ve had some time to give a proper crack at it. Besides, are you telling me nothing they’ve done is any good? How about F1 Live London? With public reaction over that, I’d say it was an absolute success. They are willing to try new things, and since at the moment, Concorde agreements and existing regulations prevent them from doing anything drastic to the on track action, and so they are working on improving the off track show. Is the logo crap? Yes. But I don’t think that’s a reason to become all fatalistic about their chances.

I’d say give them up until maybe 2022. Let them bring in new regs, lets see how they deal with Ferrari’s quit threat and all. Lets see how much they bend to the manufacturers will or how much they stand up for the smaller teams. Then we can pass judgement. It’s just too early now.
    pijin said:
    I mean Ecclestone was seen as the savior of the garagiste teams until he got together with Moseley and became a profits only guy. 

Point is, you can hardly judge their performance until they’ve had some time to give a proper crack at it. Besides, are you telling me nothing they’ve done is any good? How about F1 Live London? With public reaction over that, I’d say it was an absolute success. They are willing to try new things, and since at the moment, Concorde agreements and existing regulations prevent them from doing anything drastic to the on track action, and so they are working on improving the off track show. Is the logo crap? Yes. But I don’t think that’s a reason to become all fatalistic about their chances.

I’d say give them up until maybe 2022. Let them bring in new regs, lets see how they deal with Ferrari’s quit threat and all. Lets see how much they bend to the manufacturers will or how much they stand up for the smaller teams. Then we can pass judgement. It’s just too early now.
    Well, I want to see them dropping the fee of orginizing GP's down first. And then drop the prices of tickets, since F1 shouldn't be only for rich people to enjoy. The F1 Live London, well. I don't live in UK, so it didn't do anything for me. So I can't really say anything about that.