Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

FIFA/PES thread

sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
edited May 2014 in Off-topic Discussion

Well  as we have one for the football manager games I thought I'd open up a thread for the more active football games FIFA and PES and the careers and such we have going on them so feel free to discuss anything FIFA/PES related here

Just please no arguments as to which is better than the other :p

you can even share vids of your best goals if you like

Post edited by sjsharp2010 on

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Real Madrid aer probably not feeling quite so smug now that I've beat them in the CL mode on PES

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Just started a new career on FIFA 12 as Sunderland player manager. I'm sick of winning everything so it's a harder difficulty.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

fIsince08 said:
    Just started a new career on FIFA 12 as Sunderland player manager. I'm sick of winning everything so it's a harder difficulty.
    yeah I tend to tweak the settings up if I end up with a season where I've won everything too. When I have a season where I've not won anything then I tend to turn it back down if I have an inbetween season then I stay where I am. Good fun though

• alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    The last career I did on FIFA 13 was with Athletico Madrid. It didn't go so well. Finished mid table after blowing their whole budget by over paying for players. Started a new career with Man Utd about a week ago and it's going much better. Currently 5th or 6th I think with a game in hand. Bought Sanchez , Alves and Alberto Costa in the current window , and I'm planning on offering PSG Rooney along with a bit of wonga for Zlatan.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    well got 4 cracking strikers in my Spurs squad on PES 2014 right now Adebayor Soldado Defoe and Negredo all of whom are scoring goals for fun 2nd behind Chelsea right now with the 2 Manchester clubs taking up the other CL spots but then my whole squad is chipping in really in terms of goals

• evanzo7evanzo7 Member Wheel Nut
    Anybody have Fifa 14 on the PS4 and play UT?
    "If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007

evanzo7 said:
    I believe @onetwothree has the PS4 version of Fifa 14 not sure about whether he plays ultimate team or not though

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    Anybody willing to donate Fifa 14 on the PS3 to me? :P

Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    evanzo7 said:
    I do, but haven't played UT in a good few weeks now.
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Anybody willing to donate Fifa 14 on the PS3 to me? :P

have it on the PC on download unfortunately not on the PS3 though 14 isn' t that much different than 13 though so I probably wouldn't bother unless you really want to

having a right royal rumble for the premier League title with Chelsea on PES 2014 at the moment tradimg blows got to the final of the FA cup and the Europa League Quarter finals. interesting season

edited May 2014

just made the Europa League final going up against Dortmund

think I just made Mourinho the unhappy one :p

just completed the clean sweep of FA cup Permier league and Europa league watch out Madrid because now I want your Champions league title :p

Post edited by sjsharp2010 on

• AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    edited June 2014
    FUT WC Rant:

This FUT WC is unbelievable....I slide tackle in front of someone so they run into me and give me the ball and apparently that's a foul. He gets a free kick and scores, I literally just turned off my PS4, first time I've rage quit a game of FIFA. I'm so sick of this WC mode, in seasons I have a decent record but on this I've lost more games than I've won. My defense has Kompany, Sokratis, Coentrao and Walker and it is protected in CDM by Denisov and Javi Garcia and apparently I'm conceding 4-5 goals a game! HOW!!?!?! 

I'm fuming, I literally going to unintentionally smash my TV soon, this game is unbelievable, total load of stupidity and completely unfair. I'll have a game like this one earlier where I lost 5-3. I had 11 shots on target and he had 6 on target. How does that add up? It just doesn't. I mean I have Fabregas. Mandzukic, Gotze and Rackatic (however you spell his name) having these shots, surely I should be scoring more than 3 out of 11 if he gets 5 out of 6?

I went undefeated through a group stage on my first attempt and then lost to a 49 chem team 4-1, HOW EA? I've literally never been annoyed by something so insignificant before. I've scored the first two goals of my last 5 games and lost like 3/5 of them. Something doesn't add up, how can I concede 2 90th minute goals? One minute, I'm through to the knockouts and the next I'm out at the group stage....And not to mention the people who watch all the replays...

I mean I am not great at tournament football, but this is a joke. I have a good team but nothing works for me. I can go into half time 3 or 4 nil up and still fear losing. Like earlier, I score a goal in the first 3 minutes, he tries the kick off glitch and it goes right over my keeper and he scores from his own half. It's not fair, he doesn't deserve that just because my keeper came off his line without my permission. I score like 3-4 goals a game and still lose because of some ridiculous goal from 30 yards out or earlier, and own goal where my player lobbed it high in the air towards my goal at a stupidly tight angle, and Akinfeev just stood there and it went in. Like he was near the corner flag, it was a joke, even I laughed at that one it was just so stupid, I wish it was on camera.

Rant over.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    Chin up lad.....
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

Chin up lad.....
    Yeah there is always the next time :D

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    I've given up on FIFA. Maybe you should too.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
    edited June 2014
    I just had the best run in FUT WC yet. 

I figured that every time I lost in the knock outs that the person who beat me was always leaving his defenders back and hitting me on the counter, in other words, parking the bus. So I decided next time, I'd do the same thing. (Through my rage I didn't think about what tactics they were using, I was just mad bro).

Well I won my group, scoring about 11 goals in total over the 3 games. Got to the knock outs, won again convincingly. In the Quarter-finals I won again. I was almost surprised I hadn't gotten knocked out, but Remy and Mandzukic were just to good. Then I won my Semi-Final and got the final.

In the final I came up against an 86 rated, 100 chem team (Mine is 82 rated, 100 chem) and he had +10 attribute cards on every player (A couple of them only had +6). He went 2-0 up, then after half time I pulled it back to 2-2, it went to extra time and with 5 minutes to go, he scored a header with Robben of all people. Couldn't believe it. I did save 2 penalties in that game to keep myself in it. Was a very even game, both had about 11 shots on target, 49/51% possession.

I've now learnt that as long as you have pace, parking the bus on the FUT WC is the best way to win. I'm pretty sure that EA have no idea how to match make though, I should not have had to play him, an 81-83 rated team would have made for a better match up. He did get lucky though, it should have gone to penalties, which I'm confident I could have won. 

Whether it was a one off or not, I'll have to see. Funnily enough that was my 13th tournament, doomed from the start.

AMS97KRR said:
    I just had the best run in FUT WC yet. 

I figured that every time I lost in the knock outs that the person who beat me was always leaving his defenders back and hitting me on the counter, in other words, parking the bus. So I decided next time, I'd do the same thing. (Through my rage I didn't think about what tactics they were using, I was just mad bro).

Well I won my group, scoring about 11 goals in total over the 3 games. Got to the knock outs, won again convincingly. In the Quarter-finals I won again. I was almost surprised I hadn't gotten knocked out, but Remy and Mandzukic were just to good. Then I won my Semi-Final and got the final.

In the final I came up against an 86 rated, 100 chem team (Mine is 82 rated, 100 chem) and he had +10 attribute cards on every player (A couple of them only had +6). He went 2-0 up, then after half time I pulled it back to 2-2, it went to extra time and with 5 minutes to go, he scored a header with Robben of all people. Couldn't believe it. I did save 2 penalties in that game to keep myself in it. Was a very even game, both had about 11 shots on target, 49/51% possession.

I've now learnt that as long as you have pace, parking the bus on the FUT WC is the best way to win. I'm pretty sure that EA have no idea how to match make though, I should not have had to play him, an 81-83 rated team would have made for a better match up. He did get lucky though, it should have gone to penalties, which I'm confident I could have won. 

Whether it was a one off or not, I'll have to see. Funnily enough that was my 13th tournament, doomed from the start.
    Yeah , usually I stop when I get annoyed with the game. I'm not thinking straight and I'm too busy being annoyed that I'm not even playing well or paying attention.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    edited June 2014
    Games are somewhat psychological because like you said, whenever you get annoyed you are so busy finding things to moan about, you don't play well, which makes you angrier. CoD has the same effect as FIFA in that sense. 
    I also find sometimes, when I have 3 or 4 awesome matches on CoD, I relax to much and don't do so well. 

I get angry pretty quickly with FIFA, although sometimes it is justified, like when I'd had enough yesterday after a free-kick was given that was never a free kick. He scored from it and I just turned my PS4 off. People get angry with real life games when things like that happen, so that is pretty justifiable IMO.  

I just played another tournament and because of how the group stages work online, you might play, for example, Player 2, Player 3 and Player 4, but then Player 2 might play Player 5, 6 and 1 (1 being me). So earlier, having won 2/3 games in the groups, I went out, when in reality, that is unlikely, especially given my goal difference was about 3. The guy who got all 9 points would have beaten the other two.

AMS97KRR said:
    Games are somewhat psychological because like you said, whenever you get annoyed you are so busy finding things to moan about, you don't play well, which makes you angrier. CoD has the same effect as FIFA in that sense. 
    I also find sometimes, when I have 3 or 4 awesome matches on CoD, I relax to much and don't do so well. 

I get angry pretty quickly with FIFA, although sometimes it is justified, like when I'd had enough yesterday after a free-kick was given that was never a free kick. He scored from it and I just turned my PS4 off. People get angry with real life games when things like that happen, so that is pretty justifiable IMO.  

I just played another tournament and because of how the group stages work online, you might play, for example, Player 2, Player 3 and Player 4, but then Player 2 might play Player 5, 6 and 1 (1 being me). So earlier, having won 2/3 games in the groups, I went out, when in reality, that is unlikely, especially given my goal difference was about 3. The guy who got all 9 points would have beaten the other two.
    Yeah but you feel so stupid afterwards because you realise it's just meaningless. I don't get angry with any other games other than FIFA though.

Just tried again. Guess what ? Quarter finals again. I'm gonna give it one more go and if I don't get it then I'm giving up. 
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL