Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Can't complete more then 1 lap in time trial before game crash

PatriotsMan12PatriotsMan12 Member New Car Smell
Hello. I think this is the right way to report a bug so I am going to give it a go. I am on Xbox One Version 1.11 on time trial. 3 times in a row now I've had the game crash on me after my first flying lap at Bahrain on TT. To be more specific it happens when you cross the line to start the second lap. The game crashes and immediately goes to the home xbox screen. 

Comments

• RolfLRolfL Member New Car Smell
    I have exactly the sam problem. Started after 1.11
    I uninstalled and reinstalled. No difference.
  • MirtilloRossoMirtilloRosso Member New Car Smell
    I'm having the same problem on version 1.11 for xbox one.  Game crashes and returns to dashboard when I cross the finish line :/
  • MirtilloRossoMirtilloRosso Member New Car Smell
    UPDATE:  So far it has only happened to me when I do time trials in the rain and only when the lap is NOT invalidated.  I was doing a dry time trial in Monaco and I did not have the problem.

This is very annoying. Have tried different tracks, different cars with the same result. After exactly one lap, the screen becomes black and I'm back to the Xbox page. Someone who can come up with a tip to solve this.

• iulukayaiulukaya Member New Car Smell
    Same here. Any time trial, dry or wet. First good lap, it shuts off the Xbox one x too. Something about saving that lap I believe. Someone made a “race condition” or something.
  • snorifysnorify Member New Car Smell
    I have the same problem please fix this.
    Every time i finish a career race the game crashes.
    Every time i finish a time trial lap the game crashes.

• Ste6686Ste6686 Member New Car Smell
    Oh yea, xbox one s too. Almost in every race the game crashes in career mode
    Yes iulukaya, it seems to be a good theory. After a lap with penalty, the game don´t crasch. I guess after a lap with "penalty", time is not saved.
  • BR0UGHSTERBR0UGHSTER Member New Car Smell
    I also have this problem can't complete a time trial lap in Hungary without a crash, please fix ASAP this is not good enough 
  • GoukcherGoukcher Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2017
    I’m having the exact same problem. The game crashes back to home screen after completing a faster then previous lap in Time Trial. Can you please adress this bug as soon as possible? It’s on a Xbox one X, F1 2017 version 1.11
  • Juve10Juve10 Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2017
    Hi
    i am also have the same issue. after completing a clean lap in time trial, when i just cross the line, the game crash back to home without a message.
    i am playing on xbox one x
    Codemasters please fix it.
    @F1Support
    @jennyannem
    Dear Codemasters!
    It has been a long time since this thread was started and we wonder how the situation is right now. We understand you have a lot to do. To make it easier, here are a few options. You only need to answer with a number.
    1. We have read.
    2. We have read and are working hard to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
    3. We have read and try to solve the problem eventually.
    4. We have read and do not care
    5. We have not read.

mvh /rl

• HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    Apologies - we've only just received this information and are looking into the problem now. Once we've got some more info then we'll be able to provide you with a number for your above question. Hoo.

• FraterHeraldFraterHerald Member New Car Smell
    make that #4.... we not only have your money but we also have  a contract with Liberty Media for F1 2018...  so please explain...  WHY should we care?
  • Juve10Juve10 Member New Car Smell
    @Hoo
    ok thanks for the answer.
    is there any chance that there is coming a quick fix for this issue still in 2017 or only in 2018 because of the holidays??
  • FraterHeraldFraterHerald Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2017
    @Hoo, well this sounds promising...
    Wouldn't that be a #2 answer?
    Hopefully it will be fixed before the holiday as I plan to spend much time in my recently acquired seat to improve my driving skills so I can start competing with others.

It's becoming more and more obvious that it only happens if you beat your personal record on a time-lap.
    This explains why some never have this as they can't beat their own records anymore because they don't progress (and are probably much better at the game than I am)
  • jtennysonbjtennysonb Member New Car Smell
    I have the same problem. The game crashes to the home screen after setting a personal lap record on Time Trial. It's very frustrating, because I have just bought the Logitech G920 and I'm trying to hone my skills with the wheel and pedals, but I'm being limited to staying slower than I can go. I'm playing on an Xbox One S. Version 1.11. 
    Please fix this soon, Codemasters. 
  • FartwagonFartwagon Member New Car Smell
     Playing career mode after I complete 1 lap of an invitational event game crashes every time. Started a new career and still on the 1st invitational event after lap 1 game crashes. On original Xbox one with version 1.11
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    Hi All,
    We've been looking at this extensively over the last couple of days. The issue seems to be related to making calls to the achievement service, which can occur at various points in the game, including after setting clean laps in Time Trial. The issue is not straightforward though and we are in discussion with Microsoft to help us track down the specific point of failure. As of yet we have no clear resolution to the problem. 
    The issue does not affect all users. However, users who have experienced this crash will likely encounter it when unlocking various achievements at different points in the game. The only workaround we have found is to set the Xbox to be offline for any moments where this is causing progression issues (e.g. when doing an invitational as described by @Fartwagon, or when doing certain tracks in Time Trial) and then switching back to online afterwards. To do this, press the Xbox guide button, scroll to the the System menu then select Settings->Network->Network Settings->Go Offline / Online. Time Trial ghosts and PBs recorded when offline should be uploaded once re-entering Time Trial mode with an online connection.
    We will continue to investigate this issue with the aim of finding a proper solution and will let you know once we have any more information. 
    Hoo.