Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

AI not fitting wet tyres.

Since patch1.11 on Xbox career mode. 
In full distance race at Hungary and Belgium both races started light rain on inters then rained harder ,the AI tried to pit for full wets but kept fitting inters ,doing one lap and then fitting inters again. They ended up pitting 10 or 11 times until the rain stopped. 
Has anyone else had this happen. 

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Yes I think we call this the unavailable tyre bug

• nobbymilonobbymilo Member New Car Smell
    Had this last night, light rain turning to heavy rain. AI pitting numerous times to put on inters. Never had this before 1.11.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    nobbymilo said:
    Had this last night, light rain turning to heavy rain. AI pitting numerous times to put on inters. Never had this before 1.11.
    I can assure you it was present before in MP. You would be in or return to the garage and be unable to select tyres appropriate to the conditions.

• flipchip73flipchip73 Member New Car Smell
    Gmz73 said:
    Since patch1.11 on Xbox career mode. 
    In full distance race at Hungary and Belgium both races started light rain on inters then rained harder ,the AI tried to pit for full wets but kept fitting inters ,doing one lap and then fitting inters again. They ended up pitting 10 or 11 times until the rain stopped. 
    Has anyone else had this happen. 
    @Gmz73, I had this same problem since the start of 1.10 patch on XB1 for offline career. 1st time in Malaysian GP and 2nd time at Australian GP with 1.10 patch.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    I had the same issue today. Awesome battle for P5 with Grosjean ruined...

@F1Support see screenshots below. I hope this is either being looked at, or allowing us to disable wet weather in career, otherwise you're just forcing us into driving with this game-breaking bug.

• F12korF12kor Member New Car Smell
    Same issue today in career mode... Never with 1.10 patch. 
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    Ho3n3r said:
    I had the same issue today. Awesome battle for P5 with Grosjean ruined...

@F1Support see screenshots below. I hope this is either being looked at, or allowing us to disable wet weather in career, otherwise you're just forcing us into driving with this game-breaking bug.

@DanHawk1ns here is another thread, posted December 16th, 2017. Surely someone from CM has seen these threads regarding this bug, but you are seemingly seeing it only now for the first time, according to the reply in another thread about it. Quite baffled by that.
  • mixmax83mixmax83 Member Unleaded
    edited January 9
    I confirm this bug too
    in quick race a spa francorchamps, with wet track, 4 drivers make 10 pit stops, always putting the ultrasoft tires, while the other drivers have quietly mounted the inters tires
    version Pc
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    I think it has something to do with the way strategy changes are handled. Most of the time when your pit crew suggests a new strategy they offer a new compound. What I think happens when this bug strikes is that the tyre compound offered is blank. (2 of the 3 times this hit me the strategy change offered to me had the compound blank which would have put slick tyres on without manual intervention.) So when this 'happens' to the AI they just continually swap onto whatever dry compound they had selected.
  • TonyHamTonyHam Member New Car Smell
    So will there be a patch coming out to sort this? I'm new to this site so not sure how to complain, if I can?!
  • mixmax83mixmax83 Member Unleaded
    @jennyannem @hoo  You can investigate this bug to your QA team? Thanks in advance
  • TonyHamTonyHam Member New Car Smell
    Does anyone know if anyone from codemasters actually reads these comments and does anything about it?
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    There are many threads on this so I imagine they're aware of the bug. What I don't know is how much effort is required to actually fix it.
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Now before someone comments here, I would suggest you to go here (http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/131285/problem-with-ai-pitting-and-not-changing-tyres-during-weather-transitions#latest) as a codies employee is watching over that thread.

• davit859davit859 Member New Car Smell
    any news about it? this ruins the career mode!!!
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited February 14
    Correcting the issue may or may not be part of the future projects they're working on.

It may or may not be corrected with a patch to F1 17. I think the PC guys have found the issue, not sure what is taking codemasters so long one way or the other.

If they don't commit to anything makes it easier to ostrich the issue. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • aegschumiaegschumi Member New Car Smell
    they have to correct this error as soon as possible :((( I quit playing the game this week.