Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PC - Downshift not working in online lobby (video proof)

Captain1SockCaptain1Sock Member New Car Smell
Hej everyone.

When in an online lobby I sometimes cannot downshift in the race.
The downshift paddle on my wheel works but the game (in race) doesn't register it. I know this because it is working fine in the menu's.

I was recording this for a league race so I have video proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd7Kq41zkew&feature=youtu.be
2:10 - I notice that downshift is not working
2:38 - I go into the menu to see if my shiftpaddles are working. Also see that while in the menu, the computer takes over and shifts like normally. I can go from on tab to the other one. I use button 1 and 2. Which are the paddles on my wheel.
3:00 - I try looking at my settings and reset the paddle up and down
3:25 - Still not working
5:18 - At this point I disconnected the wheel. turned it on and off. Still didnt work
8:40 - I quit the game and restart the computer. 
10:38 - After rejoining the lobby I start last place. I check the paddle it magically works again.

This is very very anoying and happenned to me 4 times so far. Always online after I was invited into a lobby.

I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 with F1 add-on.
This occurred on version 1.10 and 1.11

Any help is really appreciated
Post edited by Captain1Sock on

Comments

• Captain1SockCaptain1Sock Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2017
     No one has had this problem ever?       
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    There's another thread where I explained that the F1 wheel isn't really designed for the T300RS so the wheelbase needs the Firmware v28 and to be set to Advanced mode in the Control Panel to appear as 'Ferrari F1 wheel Advanced T300' to use advanced mode. Without that it will still appear as 'Thrustmaster T300 RS Racing Wheel' but you should still check for the Firmware v28. Apologies if you have this already but it is worth pointing out. The latest driver pack is Package 2017_TTRS_7
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|T300RS/G920/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    There's another thread where I explained that the F1 wheel isn't really designed for the T300RS so the wheelbase needs the Firmware v28 and to be set to Advanced mode in the Control Panel to appear as 'Ferrari F1 wheel Advanced T300' to use advanced mode. Without that it will still appear as 'Thrustmaster T300 RS Racing Wheel' but you should still check for the Firmware v28. Apologies if you have this already but it is worth pointing out. The latest driver pack is Package 2017_TTRS_7
    That's interesting. Wouldn't the TX 458 have the same F1 Addon issue, as it's essentially the same as a T300? Because I have not had this issue, so I'm just curious.
  • Captain1SockCaptain1Sock Member New Car Smell
    I never really looked at this thread again. After a long time, and only happening a few times I was able to find the cause.
    I had Discord overlay on. Mostly only during online matches. After disabling this feature of discord everything worked fine. Never encountered this problem again.

Solved (for me)  :)