Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

#FeedbackFriday - 22/05/15

Our first month of early access is almost over! Wow that flew by!

This week for #FeedbackFriday we want to ask you to score us. We want to get an idea of how you feel about what we're doing with a score out of 10 for each of the below points. Be honest, there are no wrong answers but for us to grow and get better we need to know how you feel about what we're doing so far.

So scores out of 10 for each of these...

• The Game
  • The handling
  • The Online Events
  • The League Support
  • Our Social Channels
  • The Website
  • How we handle bugs
  • How we handle suggestions
  • How easy are we to talk to?
  • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel?
  • The forums

Feel free to just give us your scores but if you have the time it would be awesome to read how you think we could improve each area.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Comments

• AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Engineer
    edited May 2015
    I've not been able to invest as much time as I would have wanted too into DiRT Rally so I'll answer what I can.

The Game - 8 (with future content and features in mind its gooood. Update to the ffb and some tweaks to the physics will make this even higher.)

The handling - 7 (good base, but some weird feeling trough the wheel and on tarmac keeps it from getting a higher score)

How we handle bugs - 8 (A lot of bugs are acknowledged so that's a good thing. Not everything gets fixed right away but thats obvious. Patches will be done when they are done)

How we handle suggestions - 7 (You ask us a lot about our opinions and ideas which is good but there is a bit of a lack of response from time to time (but I could understand that you want to invest as much time into development so a response can not always be given))

How easy are we to talk to? - 8 (As I said above, talking to you guys is the easy part but I notice that some very good advice/ideas/suggestions are not getting a response and because of that it's difficult to know if you're being heard. (again I know you guys are reading more than a lot of us think))

How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? - 9 (Apart from some response things I feel that you guys get a lot of ideas and motivation from this place.)

The forums - 10 (very cozy, I like) 

thats an avarage of a bit over an 8, which I think is well deserved. There are some things that could improve, but you guys created what the community wanted and are on the road to add what the community wants. Improvements are on their way and we have a way to speak our minds. The lack of response from time to time can be a bummer when you share something cool, but at the same time you guys are just working hard.
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    • The Game: 9. This is the start of the rally game I've wanted since Rallisport Challenge 2.
    • The handling: 8. Playing on a controller with default settings, some cars are trickier than others, but it generally has me feeling like I'm on the edge of control—a good thing! Vibration seems pretty quiet when on the line, would like to feel more feedback at all times (again, RC2 was a nerve-damage-inducing level of constant vibration feedback—another good thing!).
    • The Online Events: 10. Great way to try different cars, make a little money, have a one-shot challenge, and keep coming back every day, or as often as life allows.
    • The League Support: 8. Would be great to see stage lengths on dirtgame.com for league admins (always with the stage lengths).
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? 10. Couldn't ask for more than these weekly feedback threads, the suggestion box, etc. Props to you, @justbiglee, for being at the front lines dealing with the fans.  ;)  Full confidence in CM to sift through the feedback and make the right decisions for the game.
  • Shockwave117Shockwave117 Member New Car Smell
    • The Game
    9/10  Best rally game I've played since forever. 
    • The handling
    8/10 Really like it, though obviously there is the FFB that needs to be sorted for us wheel users. I don't mind the apparent extra grip that everyone else is complaining about tbh.
    • The Online Events
    NA/10 I am yet to race in any online events, so can't can't give a score.
    • The League Support
    9.5/10  This has been one of the highlights of the game for me so far, we have a fantastic league season going on my local gaming forum atm. The only thing holding it back from a perfect 10/10 is the lack of  stats and finishing positions currently not being saved on the website, so if that gets fixed then it will be perfect in my books. :D 
    • Our Social Channels
    9/10 The only one that I see regulalry is this forum, and that is being run very well so I'm happy.
    • The Website
    7/10  As above in the Leagues comment, needs more information saved after each event is completed such as finishing positions, split times ect.
    • How we handle bugs
    7/10  It's taking a bit long on some of them, but I'm confident you'll get there in the end.
    8/10 I don't see a problem atm, as long as we keep getting #WishListWednesday and #FeedbackFriday every week for the new players who have just arrived and want to have their say I thinks it's quite good.
    If you're meaning on the forums, that's as simple as making a post like this, so 10/10 haha.   
    9/10 Far more involved then any other beta or pre-release access I've played yet.
    • The forums
    9/10 Really like the forums, and the community as a whole seems to be very positive. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit less of the elitism that some people show to console players toned back, but I guess as this game is currently PC only there's always going to a bit of that floating around.

• GinginhoGinginho Member Unleaded
    edited May 2015
    • The Game: 7 so far. I'm looking forward to a bit of variety; some of the other locations coming along and especially Rallycross
    • The handling: 8. I'm not a hardcore gamer but surprised myself at how much better the handling feels in the new game when I went back to D3 for an hour.
    • The Online Events: 4. Nothing really there for me.
    • The League Support: N/A. Not tried them.
    • Our Social Channels: 10. You excel here :)
    • The Website: 7. It's coming along...
    • How we handle bugs: 7. You are doing more to be seen to be listening especially when compared to the F1 titles (when CM seemed to put the title out there and then hide in the bunker). To earn a 10 here, you'd have to publish a known bugs list with current priorities!
    • How we handle suggestions: ? You tell me!
    • How easy are we to talk to? 10. I know where you are ;)
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? 6. I do and I don't! Obviously I play tested the game but, as a fan of the previous games rather than the sport itself necessarily, I accept that some of my needs are at odds with your target audience.
    • The forums: 5. The community has always been very good, especially those core members that continued to post in the quiet years but the forum structure is lacking. It needs a section per title subsections for mods, bugs, suggestions etc. And it looks like you still haven't sorted out that SSL certificate!
    Post edited by Ginginho on
  • NahkamarakattiNahkamarakatti Member Wheel Nut

Challenge accepted. :)

• The Game
      -The game itself is really promising. Can't believe the way you handle controllers though! Its not about the lack of support in that department. The key of the issue is the thing that you need "officially supported" controller to get it working properly. Really? How future proof is that?

• The handling
      - Too much grip and not proggressive enough. Also the cars have their own will and doesn't follow your steering inputs very precisely. That would be acceptable for old rally cars but the cars today are really good to drive.

• The Online Events
      - Strangeland for me. Still too many bugs to participate any competition.

• The League Support
      - Same.

• Our Social Channels
      - What? Where? Reddit? What's that? Twitter? Who use it? What about the support forums?

• The Website
      - Website is good. Doesn't shine but holds enough of info.

• How we handle bugs
      - Below.... 

- Really hard to say because I haven't seen any official statements regarding those suggestions. I'm a bit sceptical, are you really listening..?

- I think you should answer more for the threads. This forum is not the most active one and it shouldn't be hard to keep up with it. Some answers or participating the discussion overall would be warmly welcome.

- Not really at all. Hopes are high..

• The forums
      - Nothing special. Not very well organised but ofcourse when there are no active discussion, its propably organised enough. :)
  • PaulBlythePaulBlythe Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015

• The Game - 8/10 ... an amazing game, can't wait to see how it evolves over the coming months
    • The handling - 7/10 ... the one slightly off area, but your working on it :smile:
    • The Online Events - 8/10 ... they're good.
    • The League Support - N/A ... not used the feature yet.
    • Our Social Channels - N/A ... not used facebook, twitter etc.
    • The Website - 8/10... dirtgame.com is a pretty well done site, easy to use and full of all the right info. The forums here are just chocker full of great info and endless insight into the CM world. 
    • How we handle bugs - 9/10 ... think you've been very good in trying to get info from users about bugs. The weekly updates are nice way to see what issues your working on currently, and plans for future fixes.
    • How we handle suggestions - 7/10 ... not seen much official feedback about suggestions on features, cars tracks etc... However, your doing a good job. What ideas do you like, and which might make it in game? It'd be nice to know.
    • How easy are we to talk to? - 9/10 ...there's a plethora of ways to communicate our thoughts to you. Which is nice :smile:
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? - 8/10 ... as part of the community, I feel I'm helping the game to evolve.
    • The forums - 9/10 ... the forums are pretty cool, both here and on Steam.
    Post edited by PaulBlythe on
    PC Specs: Intel i5-7600K  4.7GHz | GigaByte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | AOC U3477PQU , U3277PQU(4k), Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 64-bit | Logitech G27 Pedals (mod) & H-shifter | Thrustmaster T500RS
  • giucanevergiucanever Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015
    Since it's just about numbers, I'll go quickly through this one:

• The Game
      9/10 as it's on Early Access. I'm pretty sure you guys will get a 10/10 in the full launch.
    • The handling
      10/10 Almost everyone is talking about a extra grip. I simply can't see or feel it. It's super hard to control the car - and I'm pleased about this: please leave the handling as it is now.
    • The Online Events
      -  I've never used it.
    • The League Support
      -  I've never used it (2)
    • Our Social Channels
      10/10 Facebook is pretty neat, as well as Twitter
    • The Website
      8/10 For a website that's based on a Early Access game, it's good. I know you guys can't tell us more details, but they'd be nice (such as actual relesa dates, rather than "July 2015").
    • How we handle bugs
      9/10 Personally, no bug has ever appeared to me, but since lots of people are talking about those FFB and error 41 things, I'll put a 9 here.
      5/10 Honestly, I don't even know if you guys are reading the Suggestion Box poll, 'cause none of you ever written something there. I just see you guys replying in the "Ask me anything" section.
      5/10 As above.
      7/10 I feel the bugs and glitches are being well tracked by the community and worked out by the devs, but sadly I can't say the same about our suggestions and polls.
    • The forums
      9/10 The forums are awesome, the only problems about them are that kind of people that just want to get attention:  they are the ones who got this -1 point.
    Post edited by giucanever on
  • KrusiKrusi Member Unleaded
    • The Game 7/10
    Love the game so far! Keep new content coming :) Deformable sidebanks and roads would be nice. The cars are so jumpy when hitting a rock on the side - feels a little unrealistic
    • The handling 9/10
    Handling is nice.
    • The Online Events 8/10
    The events are nice. Maybe some more stats for the online event screen
    • The League Support --
    Have not used the leagues so far.
    • Our Social Channels 10/10
    FOrums, reddit, twitter should be enough^^.
    • The Website 7/10
    Could be a little more focused on information. Too much bling bling
    • How we handle bugs 7/10
    Error 41 was a bad one. Hopefully will be fixed soon. I hope other bugs will be adressed as well.
    • How we handle suggestions 5/10
    We've made many suggestions so far. Now the time comes to do something with them. Would be nice to see how you want to adress the suggestions (except for the force feedback stuff). The time plan for DiRT Rally seems very tight you need time for implementing suggestions. At the moment I don't know if the suggestions are really noticed.
    • How easy are we to talk to? 7/10
    I think it is fine. There is much going on on the forums so I hope one is noticed in the crowd.
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? 6/10
    We mostly talk to you, justbiglee, but we do not talk to developers that often.
    • The forums 10/10
    Forums are always awesome! :D
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal

Ok, from 0 to 10, my personal ratings, here goes:

The game (8/10): Overall, a great experience already, there are a few things, which in my view, should be added to make the experience excellent. I've referred to them before and they're in the suggestion sub-forum.

The handling (8/10): Very good feel, but the complaint I might have is that the cars seem to have a mind of their own sometimes. Not having driven a rally car in real-life, I'm no physics expert, but I can say that it feels mostly right. 

Online Events: Unused, cannot judge.

League Support: Unused, cannot judge.

Social channels (9/10): You could announce more details more often but, in general, I'm alright with your social channels.

Website(8/10): Could use more info, like your social channels. Otherwise design and organization is good. Browser compatibility could be improved, can't use it on my default browser (Firefox).

Bug Fixing(10/10): Even though, I haven't noticed many bugs, you seem to be very focused on the most pressing matters, which is good.

Handling of Suggestions (7/10): I feel like you are listening for the most part, but my personal experience of my suggestions is that they seem to be ignored, so I can't rate any higher now. Do prove me wrong though.

Easy to talk to (7/10): Sometimes I seem to reach you, other times not.

Integration into development (7/10): For reasons above.

The forums (9/10): Organization good, people good. Not much to say about it.

• AmblerAmbler Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015

My stab at this:

• The Game: 9/10 - Amazing job and a pleasant surprise. Love the courses, the stages, the co-driver calls...I'd like to see more stats, mod support, and mouse enabled menus, but if you just add more locations & cars like on the timeline I'll be happy.  

The handling: 10/10 - love it with all the cars I've tried!
    • The Online Events: 10/10 - Inspires me to load the game every day and take a stab at the daily, even when I have no time to play. Nice being able to compare time with steam friends. Well done!
    • The League Support: NA/10 - Joined some leagues, but haven't had time to do any stages.
    • Our Social Channels: NA/10 - Don't know what this is or why I should care.
    • The Website: 3/10 - Dirtgame.com is functional but lacks the same stats with the tier on daily events that you get in game and friend's results doesn't work. Also since the website is blocked by default by Firefox and requires annoying workarounds to load I can't give you many points. Should be fixed.  
    • How we handle bugs: NA/10 - Don't know, it's way too early in this game to tell one way or another.
    • How we handle suggestions: NA/10 - Same as previous comment
    • How easy are we to talk to? NA/10 - Don't know
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? 7/10 - I'm playing the game a lot, recommending it to people and really looking forward to new additions as development goes forward. I figure you have your hands full just sticking to the timeline though.
    • The forums: 7/10 - Informative, great bunch of fans of this game for the most part. I mainly check the steam forums because of your website issues.

Anyway, thanks for the great game!

• ledshokledshok Member New Car Smell
    • The Game - 9/10 for a game in early access, 8/10 if it were a full release. Graphics and audio are wonderful (the engine sounds really are amazing!) and things are reasonably well polished for early access (haven't had any CTDs, etc). All I'm expecting/hoping over the coming months is basically more content (mostly courses, the cars already cover a nice range of the 'classics'), better FFB for wheels, some minor UI tweaks (ie show the keyboard hotkeys in menus even if I'm using my wheel (G27) - I don't know what button 7, 8, 18, etc are - and my desk doesn't allow me to attach my shifter where half those buttons probably are!). Oh, and the night stages are too dark! :smile: I've started limiting the number of night stages in our league because one off resulting in a loss of headlights is effectively game over (even though the car is perfectly driveable) - the best option I can think of is to make (or at least have an option for) maximum headlight damage being wonky/seriously reduced beam brightness...rather than nothing at all. Oh, and the replay system needs to have an 'trackside/helicopter only' option - that's where you get to see how great this game looks! Replays also need to have the ability to jump to specific times in a replay - I'm often wanting to watch something that happened in the last 500m of a stage and it takes a while to fast forward to it. And maybe a rally school (ala RBR) would also be a welcome addition - a place where specific techniques can be practiced repeatedly. 
    • The handling - 9/10. Head and shoulders above anything previously released in the Dirt franchise, and (I think) better than RBR. The latter seemed to require the car to be thrown near 90 degrees around most corners to maintain any sort of grip/traction. That's on vanilla admittedly - haven't managed to get it working with mods. I know there are people out there who swear by RBR but, for me, where Dirt Rally is at right now, seems realistic enough.
    • The Online Events - 8/10. Have only done a couple but it's nice to jump in an unfamiliar car and see how you rank against the rest of the world.
    • The League Support - 7/10. I'm participating in a couple of leagues and running one myself. The fact this stuff is officially supported is awesome, but just a few minor 'complaints'. Firstly, setting up a season/event is a little laborious mainly because the page is so slow. Maps/lengths for each course would also be a bonus - I've resorted to making crib notes for all of them so I know which are which. The ability to view previous events in a season, and even previous seasons, would be great (I extract a lot of stats into a spreadsheet for my league and if I accidentally refresh my browser once an event is finished then I lose any chance to grab them. More stats in general. Support for 'live' events ie having people run a stage at certain time intervals like in real life, able to watch and discuss the progress of others in a chat room as the rest of the field finishes behind them - and maybe include some sort of road-sweeper type effect which makes start order important. The ability to end an event early - our league's had situations where all drivers completed their runs in the first day of a three day window - I wasn't sure if I could change the end date while the event was 'live' or not, but it would have avoided lots of sitting around waiting. Perhaps some sort of indication at the end of each stage what sort of damage each driver incurred, or even penalties (sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's poor time was simply suffering an early puncture, they just spun off a lot, or they drive like my nana!). Additional options for league rules ie manual/auto gears, camera restrictions, etc.
    • Our Social Channels - n/a (don't really follow them).
    • The Website - 6/10. Had a lot of issues early on (couldn't access, Firefox not liking it, etc). Now mostly works (Firefox not so much) and I like that you have a road map, blog posts, etc.
    • How we handle bugs - n/a. I haven't really experienced anything obvious so can't speak to how it was addressed.
    • How we handle suggestions - 9/10 purely for the fact you've gone with early access, have been very open about your desire to go back to 'old school' rallying, and the handling of the FFB issues (simply put your hand up and said 'Yep, agreed, it's an issue, and this is what we're going to try to do to address it". 
    • How easy are we to talk to? 8/10 - seems good so far. I never bothered posting on this forum until this game (and this request for feedback)! :smile: 
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? 10/10 if any of my suggestions get included! :smiley: 
    • The forums - n/a I tend to frequent other forums where discussion of racing sims takes place, so can't really comment.
    Apologies for the wall of text for some of the responses!
  • KinggeneKinggene Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015
    • The Game: 8
    • The handling: 8
    • The Online Events:9
    • The League Support: 7
    • Our Social Channels: 8
    • The Website:8
    • How we handle bugs:7
    • How we handle suggestions:7
    • How easy are we to talk to?:9
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel?:8-9
    • The forums:10
    • and list grows! I feel it is going to be around for awhile. 
    • There is a certain something I feel it is still missing, compared to playing RBR, Not sure where the real difference is but I will try to elaborate on it. When getting into the groove with RBR, one feels the car different, Like there is always that feeling of vulnerably to crash or lose the drive line. where DiRT has a invincible feel to it, which is unreal, I can go into a corner, hit a tree and BANG!, the car lights up a bit and I continue! After a few times of that, I know I can get away with murder and that is the difference, in RBR it is RALLY OVER! knowing the feeling achieved by RBR. Like trying to compare Virtual sex to real sex if you know what I mean? I suggest you all play RBR enough to really get the feel and why it has become such a cult, it is the feeling you get from it, nail that on DiRT and you would OWN all of it, from here out!, 

• Cheers, Kinggene
  • AR605AR605 Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015
    • The Game //so far? i would guess a 9/10, keep it up!
    • The handling // 8/10 As mentioned before, the cars feel a littel to stiff, hope to see the improvements Kevin Abbring gave to you.
    • The Online Events // 10/10 Perfect! Since RBR Czech the first online racing feature that I really use on a regular basis!
    • The League Support // ?/10 Npt played a league yet...
    • Our Social Channels // 10/10 You're everywhere.
    • The Website // 6/10 The website could need some improvements, you have the tools to deliver us stats and connect the players together, use it!
    • How we handle bugs // 9/10 Your patch notes are always the best! But some basic things like FFB should be your top priority, not that I say you should hurry, take your time! The community is waiting patiently for such a great game...
    • How we handle suggestions // 4/10 what I really miss is one place where you (yes you, not the community) collect the suggestions and the status of the suggestion. Maybe a simple table with red (seen but unlikely coming) / yellow (seen and discussing to make it in the game) / green (seen and approved) rows.
    • How easy are we to talk to? // 10/10 you're on all social media channels and your forums
    • How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel? 6/10 I'm writing my improvements to game down here, but (I may speak for the community) we don't see if our tipps are making into your brains. A way to change that could be the table mentioned above...
    • The forums // 5/10 As mentioned in another post: You need a separate forum with different subcategories to achieve a feedback that's less overwhelming...but hey, you're the community managers ;-)
    As stated before, you're the hope for every single rallye sim fan out there. Keep up your excellent work and take your time!
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion

Our first month of early access is almost over! Wow that flew by!

This week for #FeedbackFriday we want to ask you to score us. We want to get an idea of how you feel about what we're doing with a score out of 10 for each of the below points. Be honest, there are no wrong answers but for us to grow and get better we need to know how you feel about what we're doing so far.

• The Game
    • The handling
    • The Online Events
    • The League Support
    N/A
    • Our Social Channels
    • The Website
    9 - there seems to be a bug or two
    • How we handle bugs

9  (10 you would be reading our minds)
    9  (can't share a beer, cuz I don't live in UK)
    8  (Love you guys, but we'll see how suggestions materialize in future updates, not that I will be mad if they are not mine)
    • The forums
    8  could use a few improvements, suggestion box could be tallied with most votes at the top of the list.  A few others too, but thats first one that I can think of.

Wow 1 month now?

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• WRCFocusLiveWRCFocusLive Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015

Hi BigLee and All, Here are a few thoughts as to where we are using your scoring system,

THE GAME  7/10  Finally a pure rally simulation from an established front line triple AAA developer,I feel that the european based rally
    gaming community has been waiting ten long years for this and with your fantastic early access code program i believe this is the template for all developers that will ultimately deliver quality games for the consumers they are intended for,and as a work in progress this tile can only score higher as tweaks and extra content is added.
    THE HANDLING   6/10  As a model the counter intuitive input is going in the right direction with a wheel but needs improvements in three main areas to try and make you feel fully immersed in what we are trying to achieve the simulation of rally staged timed events etc,firstly visually the vehicle needs to look like it is gaining and losing traction whilst  accelerating, braking,over and understeering as these cars move around a lot on all surfaces due to torque and the way they are driven with both feet i.e. left foot braking to balance the car whilst setting up for and cornering,secondly sound wise again going in the right direction but don get to hung up on the gravel hitting sump guards floor pan etc as yes its nice to hear it for affect,but for the handling model to fully immerse you in driving as you cannot feel anenertia through your backside you need the sound to give a sense again of traction loss/gain braking accelerating over/understeering and grip levels of the vehicle.thirdly and most importantly the feedback through the wheel,the tyre load, lateral and minor g-forces put on a driver through the wheel are all important and need to send as much information as possible for him/her to process the information as to what the car is doing, again the feel of acceleration ,braking over/understeer loss/gain of traction and the overall translation of what surface the vehicle is travelling over.
    As for the rest its all First Class and heading in the right direction especially if you are able to implement all the fantastic feedback and support within the community into your fantastic piece of software that is DIRT.

ps Sorry for how it all looks I'm new to this 

Post edited by WRCFocusLive on
  • wezel1977wezel1977 Member Unleaded
    The Game: very good hoping for sequel ;)The handling: personally a bit easy for me some cars have to much grip and some lack proper sounds but that will be solved eventually :)The Online Events:didn't particpate yet :)How we handle bugs:fast ;) How we handle suggestions: goodHow easy are we to talk to?: no problems at all How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel?: a bit ^^The forums:good ^^
    I7 [email protected]@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Kingston hyper X  Savage 2400mhz Asrock X99X killer Fatality Samsung 840gb pro 1x256+1x500gb 850EVO+14Tb storage EVGA GTX 980 TI SC Corsair HX850 LG 29-inch Corsair obsidian 750D
    I7 [email protected]@Corsair H100i 16G Corsair Dominator 1600mhz Asus Z97C Samsung 840gb EVO 1x250+3Tb storage EVGA GTX 980 SC Corsair TX650v2 LG 27-inch Coolermaster advanced 2 w/sidewindow
  • CheeseGromitCheeseGromit Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015
    Oops, was looking for this thread but missed it because it was pinned *embarrassed*

The Game
    - 8/10. Really fun game so far. Please I've found it. Looking forward to future development. I'll note that I've not played a DiRT game before because they were too arcady for my tastes. I'm also not a sim racing game fan since rallying is the only motorsport I'm interested in.

The handling
    - 7/10. I'm not really in a position to know what's realistic since I've never driven any of the cars in game and only my personal/hire FWD cars on NZ and Wales gravel roads at <80 kph. Generally it seems pretty good but I know others see lots of room for improvement.

The Online Events
    - N/A. Haven't tried them, probably never will. I've been put of multiplayer content from other games.

How we handle bugs
    -N/A. I've not experienced any bugs which is a great sign but as such I can't really comment on how they've been handled.

How we handle suggestions
    - 6/10. Very accepting of suggestions. Perhaps too accepting as I'm sure there are plenty of suggestions that have no chance of making it into the game. Are people getting false hope about their ideas? Linked to the question below.

Edit: I don't know what a good way to handle suggestions is though. It's a catch 22 stuck between complaints about not listening to the community vs, to quote the developer of another game I'm playing, "Design by committee is a terrible idea, and design by public voting is an even worse one.

How involved in the development of DiRT do you feel?
    - 5/10. Not very. I feel encouraged to make suggestions but there's no real indication about what the likelihood of these making the game is. Perhaps it's just far too early to tell. I know game development is/can be a slow process.

Edit: I'll note that I'm not particularly concerned about a need to feel involved in the development of DiRT Rally. I would much rather you stuck to your design vision. Hopefully that remains making a something that is authentic, in-depth and as realistic as reasonably possible.

I may be thinking about these last two questions the wrong way.

The forums
    - 5/10. Annoyed that I can't login with Firefox due to the SSL certificate issues. A bit confused initially as the forum doesn't have a separate area for DiRT Rally. Otherwise ok.
    Things I've seen in other forums that I like: Dev tracker thread. Highlighting of dev posts in a different shade. Tagging thread with a dev response with an icon for easy recognition.
    Note that I'm mostly interested in keeping up to date with dev comments.
    Post edited by CheeseGromit on
    • The Game 7/10
    Love the game so far! Keep new content coming :) Deformable sidebanks and roads would be nice. The cars are so jumpy when hitting a rock on the side - feels a little unrealistic
    • The handling 9/10
    Handling is nice.
    • The Online Events 8/10
    • The League Support --
    • The Website 7/10
    Error 41 was a bad one. Hopefully will be fixed soon. I hope other bugs will be adressed as well.
    We've made many suggestions so far. Now the time comes to do something with them. Would be nice to see how you want to adress the suggestions (except for the force feedback stuff). The time plan for DiRT Rally seems very tight you need time for implementing suggestions. At the moment I don't know if the suggestions are really noticed.
    I think it is fine. There is much going on on the forums so I hope one is noticed in the crowd.
    • The forums 10/10
    • The Game 7/10
    • The handling 9/10
    Handling is nice.
    • The Online Events 8/10
    • The League Support --
    • The Website 7/10
    • The forums 10/10
This discussion has been closed.