Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Motorsport Stuff thread

couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
edited June 2014 in World of Motorsport
Surprised no one has created a thread about it yet?

Anyway talking about Brands hatch in the Game thread heres a planned layout of a new section back in 1992 which never came to be.

Post edited by couger1981 on
Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
Member since 2011
RIP Bianchi
The Future is Now!

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    That's pretty interesting to see. A couple of pretty fast corners in that new planned section too.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    Thankfully it didn't.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Sorry to be Buzz Killington, but I would like to point out that the sub-heading for this forum reads "Use this forum to chat about Motorsport in general". Do we really need a thread called "Motorsport General Discussion" when that's what the whole forum section is for? :P
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    VetteIfan said:
    Sorry to be Buzz Killington, but I would like to point out that the sub-heading for this forum reads "Use this forum to chat about Motorsport in general". Do we really need a thread called "Motorsport General Discussion" when that's what the whole forum section is for? :P
    was thinking the same thing when I clicked on this thread too guess the OP couldn't think of a better title :p

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    The old forums had the same thread lol
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    Threads fine :)

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Silverstone proposed extension of Stowe in 2006 it never happened, they were also going to build a oval for a rally SSS and incorporate it into Stowe aswell.

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

A old proposed Snetterton layout from 2005, it never happened.

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• Tommig1995Tommig1995 Member Pit Crew
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
    Yeah it happened, they race that in the BTCC!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    edited June 2014
    So I guess this needs to be renamed to "circuit layouts never raced"? :P
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I know it's gonna sound weird, but the old front wings (or at least the one on their) look awful to me compared with the new ones.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited June 2014
    that's really quite a funny vid perhaps Lotus should hire Stig to replace Mr Crashalot Maldonado :p

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

Today I went to a car show at my school and they had some real gems there! 

First of all they had Colin McRae's 2002 Ford Focus WRC rally car with the lovely Martini livery and stripes and it was awesome. The whole inside was carbon fibre and there were so many switches too, and the steering wheel was just a steering wheel, no buttons or anything.

Then they had Tom Ingram's current BTCC car and he was there with his engineers! Unfortunately Tom was talking to some other people but I had a chat to the engineers and they told me some various things about the car, but one thing I didn't know was that the car doesn't actually have a Toyota engine! They use some special engine which I'd never heard of before. Anyway, he opened up the bonnet for me and showed me it and it was pretty nice.

Then they had some various classic cars, such as an Aston Martin DB5, an old Mini race car, which is so low to the ground it is mad. It is so basic inside too, awesome. They also had a Lotus Esprit, a Porsche 911 RS, old VW campervans and Beetles, old US cruisers, cars from the 1930s, and a sweet BBQ to go with it too. Lovely day!
    As this thread has had some track layout alterations, how about we make some of our own :p

I've made some very slight alterations to Abu Dhabi which I think would perhaps make the racing a bit more exciting, taking into account the sea and hotel of course :p

You can make some of your own by going to http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ 

Just draw the route manually (straight lines) and double click where you want your next point to be. Then click 'Save Route' when you are done, and share publically, then get your link and post it here.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    **** man, you go to some school :p
    Silverstone's new layout  :))

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

edited July 2014
    Sound of a v8 around Bathurst