Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Would you like to see a full blown IndyCar game form Codemasters?

georgejadgeorgejad Member New Car Smell
I was wondering if anyone else would like this. I certainly would and I really hope it does. They have the license (at least for the cars) so I imagine it should be possible. But with them being a small company I imagine resources could be an issue. Sorry if this has already been asked :P

Would you like to see a full blown IndyCar game form Codemasters? 131 votes

Yes
64%
djrabesVirtuaIceManG31STDRAKENukfan758likewiseDarkRedslayerscarl3td3vilIrishnewbloodFS7reynaldo123georgejadildmleSparkRacerFallsdogmandjm99Zariche2430SantariniRanciemikevoltz1devilboy399 84 votes
No
29%
yugin96moogleslamMBKF1scottishwildcatcouger1981onetwothreeckevinc1RestrictedCylinderSkiddyMcCrashBRACHIFERTDDBP308RDidzisgtmissionunknown113gaskiSaorsaBlackNomadPTOperator1 39 votes
Not sure
6%
sjsharp2010Fr3dsxTACOLOVERxxReub09TomvvorMartakus2ItsEckeSuperCalEl 8 votes

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    No
    I voted no. I don't think there is enough interest for a full IndyCar game. Yes maybe in the states, but everywhere else there isn't enough interest. Also, there are IndyCar's in GRID Autosport and there is an oval or two there and street circuits which is good enough for me.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • mikevoltz1mikevoltz1 Member Wheel Nut
    Yes
    Trust me.. it would be great to have an Indy Series. The NASCAR game by ETX is a failure. We need a good Racing series. But till then I'll take Grid Autosport.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Not sure
    on one hand I'd like it but on the other I'm not so suer yes CM produce some great racing games but with F1 already in their hands do they rally need another open wheeler to distract them given what happened with F1 2013 I'm not so suer it's worth the hassle would be nice to see one but I think it would distract from the other series

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• unknown113unknown113 Member Pit Crew
    No
    no. not enough of a global market.
    ------
    Spurs and F1
  • SparkRacerSparkRacer Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    IndyCar has plenty of fans from all over the world, and they haven't had a true IndyCar game in at least ten years.

If done well, it would succeed.
  • mikevoltz1mikevoltz1 Member Wheel Nut
    Yes
    IndyCar has plenty of fans from all over the world, and they haven't had a true IndyCar game in at least ten years.

True...Last Indycar game was 2003 by Codemasters...
  • georgejadgeorgejad Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    Personally I think a video game is a really great way of making more people have an interest in it. If it's pulled off correctly of course..
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    No
    Voted no because I personally have no interest in it. Doesn’t mean I’d be against them making it if enough people wanted it, though.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • djrabesdjrabes Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    Voted yes. I remember the IndyCar Series 2005 game by them on the PS2. Fantastic game if you ask me. Loads of strategy involved with fuel etc, loads of fun! IndyCar has really took off in the past 2-3 years and it is getting a bit more interesting to watch than Formula 1, The street course races are amazing! 
  • P308RP308R Member Pit Crew
    No
    I voted no. I rather would like to see they spend their resources on a proper touringcar racer :)
    | TOCA | CMR | TOCA2 | CMR 2.0 | TOCA WTC | TOCA RACE DRIVER | DTM RACEDRIVER 2 | CMR 4 | DTM RACEDRIVER 3 | DIRT | GRID | F1 2010 | F1 2012 | GRID AS | DIRT RALLY | DIRT4 | 

FIREVS

• NSE466NSE466 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    Yeah it would be fun but I think Codies would have to get a license for making IndyCar games. I'm not sure but it would be awesome!

Twitter: NSE466
    Steam: NSE466
    GFWL/XBL: NSE466
  • termi27termi27 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    Yes definitely,

This would be a great way to gain more fans of the series worldwide and Indy already has a decent following. Indy are looking to expand their series worldwide too and this is a great way to showcase the sport. If the game is done right with authentic realistic 2.2L Twin-Turbo V6 engine sounds, great graphics, bug free, proper penalty systems, manual pit stops etc. this could be a winner.

IndyCar for the past few seasons has been amazing, very unpredictable races and close wheel to wheel action and always action packed with cautions etc. Seven different pole winners this season and five out of seven different winners so far and also the title fights have gone down to the wire at seasons end. I urge you to all watch it. It once again has the upper hand on F1 this year. F1 just needs refuelling to match it to allow the drivers to push instead of conserving.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    No
    No. There isn't a market for it. I'd rather they dedicated their time and resources to making their current games better.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • FallsdogmanFallsdogman Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    Indy car is a great form of racing. It has a huge fan base and what can one say about open wheel racing at 200 plus MPH. It should be done.
    DogMan`s Okanagan`s Super Ground Ponders,  Street Runners. 
  • AedanClarkeAedanClarke Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    Thanks to Codies F1 series, I got into F1 properly. As someone interested in the idea of IndyCar, but seemingly needing a bit of a push, I'd love it if they made an IndyCar game.
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    Yes
    Would be epic if they could make a NASCAR + Indy game within one title. 

I would rather them make a NASCAR game if I had to choose one though.
  • srfusonsrfuson Member New Car Smell
    I chose yes because the INDYCAR market is just on the verge of exploding. People who say it's not popular outside of the US are wrong. If you take a knowledgeable look you would see most drivers aren't from America. Even the state sided fans cheer for drivers like Helio Castronevas because of he and other foreign drivers success and passion for INDYCAR racing. Us fans deserve a game not just because its been a long time since one, but because it IS a popular spart and will be a popular game.
  • FS7FS7 Member Wheel Nut
    Yes
    How about include all the Indy tracks in Grid Autosport?
  • jacob1998jacob1998 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    I love to see a Indycar game if codemasters likes their indycar fans. If they do i hope it will be you starting in the indy lights and work your way up.
  • SantariniSantarini Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2015
    Yes

True...Last Indycar game was 2003 by Codemasters...
    Actually, the last IndyCar game by Codemasters was called "IndyCar Series 2005" according to the box it was released in 2004!

This PS2 game was stunning and I loved it but it was let down by the fact that there where no road tracks in the series such as the famous "IndyCar" tracks Watkins Glen, and Laguna Seca! Also strangely for Codemasters when that question was raised by many people (shortly after its release) they actually made a statement to the effect that the "IndyCar series" did not in fact run on road circuits! Odd that they responded! Not odd that they lied in light of the profusion of lies they have told us since!

Codemasters can also lay claim to another of my favourite games, namely the brilliant, "NasCar2 06 Total Team Control" in which you could (using a mike) talk to your pit crew and team mates to advise you were coming into the pits, and ask your team mates to assist you things like "Bump Drafting" and dropping back down the field to pace you back to the front, for instance after a pit stop.

I am English and I adore Oval racing! "IndyCar 2005" has one of the most comprehensive car set up features I have ever seen including the ability to change tyre pressures for each wheel, In fact springs, dampeners and  ride height were also adjusted for all four corners (wheels) individually. In addition there was a fully functioning flag, cautions and penalty system. and the ability, in the pits to select which tyres would be changed, which damaged parts would be changed and how much fuel would be delivered. 

"If done well it would succeed."  If  "IndyCar Series 2005" was re-vamped to the current year and had the missing road tracks added to it I would run to the shops to buy a PS4 and probably a Thrustmasted TSR 500 Wheel with a wheel and peddle stand/rack to boot! This game, if it was re-made completely for the current gen systems  including the road tracks , It is good enough to succeed! 

I vote Yes!