Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[DiRT Rally] Wheel settigs resetting on every game restart

SypnosSypnos Member New Car Smell
Hello, I own a Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP. I managed to set it just fine following this guide: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/39597/step-by-step-guide-for-setup-of-unsupported-steering-wheel-devices-in-dirt-rally  but the game keeps resetting my setup on every restart anyway. How can I fix this?

Comments

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    When opening the game, it asks you to press Start. You have to press that with the wheel (with whichever button the start is bound to), if you hit Enter on the keyboard, it will reset the settings
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    edited December 2017
    [DIRT 4] Having the same problems in Dirt 4 with my wheel (Fanatec CSW 2.5. Handbrake is not remembered. Your solution does not work. I'm on Xbox One. Other settings, like ffb etc are not reset.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• SypnosSypnos Member New Car Smell
    Being my device an old wheel, it does not have a start button itself. I would rebound the start key on it though, but there is no such thing as a "start" key in the settings.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    For my wheel, I press X and that works (although it does have an actual start button too). When starting the game, just press every button to check, if any of them gets you past the "Press start to continue" prompt.

If not, you can bind it in the game files, not it the game itself.
    The mappings are stored in - .../Steam/SteamApps/common/DiRT Rally/input/ When you open any of them, you can see that there are In Game Actions - those are the ones that you can bind in-game and control the driving, but there are also Menu and Replay Actions which you can't rebind through the game, and those control the menu and the replay (duh).
    Under the Menu actions, one of the binds is menu start. In the dinput_default.xml (not 100%, but I think it's the default input map for when you're using an unsupported wheel), the menu start is bound to button 9 (a lot of wheels have button 9 as the start button), but if your wheel doesn't have it, you could try editing the dinput_default file and changing the Menu Start to the same button as Menu Select (that's the button you press when going through menus), by default, that's button 1. 

If that doesn't work, you could also try and make a whole new profile specific to your wheel. Copy one of the existing ones and change the name and binds to your wheel. The process is a bit trial end error though (ok, a lot of trial and error). I've done that in GRID and I think in DiRT3 with my old wheel to make it work in menus too (it didn't before as it was unsupported)
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport