Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Grid Autosport Videos and screen shots thread

Comments

• Workhorse9696Workhorse9696 Member Unleaded

Here's a vid of the Open wheelers going round San Francisco

Hmm, is there another harder difficulty level after Very Hard, because the way the player was going too fast into some of the corners and locking up yet they still managed to keep up with the AI lead car is a little worrying?
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Here's a vid of the Open wheelers going round San Francisco

Hmm, is there another harder difficulty level after Very Hard, because the way the player was going too fast into some of the corners and locking up yet they still managed to keep up with the AI lead car is a little worrying?
    not that I'm aware of Very Hard is the hardest setting I think but @Loore has said that everything is still being tweaked though including the AI and will be right up until release I believe having said that though these sim racing guys are pretty good at their racing games at least based on the video's I've seen them do anyway

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Workhorse9696Workhorse9696 Member Unleaded
    Not doubting their skills :) but you can clearly see the player is braking far too late on some of the corners but still keeping up with the AI.
    Not doubting their skills :) but you can clearly see the player is braking far too late on some of the corners but still keeping up with the AI.
    well unlike the F1 games this game doesn't have tyre degredation unless you're racing in Endurance so you can get away I guess with a bit of late braking but as I said in my previous post everything's still being tweaked and it's not the final build so until the game does come out and is in our hands we won't know 100%

Here's some E3 action I've just found for Grid Autosport

Here's another vid from aarava

• SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    All the vids I posted were on Hard settings and the AI doesn't leave you much room for errors, too many and they are all over you like a rash.
    Be warned though, pass the AI by hitting them and they do seem to respond in kind when they catch you....
    It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
    edited June 2014
    All the vids I posted were on Hard settings and the AI doesn't leave you much room for errors, too many and they are all over you like a rash.
    Be warned though, pass the AI by hitting them and they do seem to respond in kind when they catch you....

I agree the only time I tend to rub shoulders with the AI is when I'm doing the touring cars. The thing I've noticed about the AI though is that it looks like it races and behaves a lot like CM's early F1 games and by that I mean F1 2010-2012 rather than 13 and Grid 2 Obviously I don't know how you see and feel it given you've actually raced them but that's what it looks like in the vids to me.

Does it feel that way to you or am I reading it wrong?

not into crashing and smashing things personally but here's a vid showing some crashes in Grid autosport put together by aarava looking at the vid I'd say he certainly has things set to full

• LewisBCR6LewisBCR6 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014

not into crashing and smashing things personally but here's a vid showing some crashes in Grid autosport put together by aarava looking at the vid I'd say he certainly has things set to full

It seems a little bit too difficult to wreck the car, but otherwise looks great.
    LewisBCR6 said:

It seems a little bit too difficult to wreck the car, but otherwise looks great.
    well it's not supposed to be a full on sim just a fun game with sim like handling but with a more forgiving nature. It may depend also on what difficulty you have it on too.

• KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    LewisBCR6 said:

well it's not supposed to be a full on sim just a fun game with sim like handling but with a more forgiving nature. It may depend also on what difficulty you have it on too.
    Those were all in replay cam too so we can't say for certain whether aavara's car survived the crashes or if it was terminally damaged from the impacts. Or whether he even had mechanical damage on to begin with.

But, let's not ever say Codemasters have ever done bad visual damage on their games, even if it does seem a tad more forgiving than Grid 1. Then again I've had plenty crashes in Grid 2 which I felt I should have gotten away with, and they ripped the wheels off my car instead. :P
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2014
    watch in this video some great crashes for  GAS ...and its from  xbox360  version , think about  PC  version...  =P~   
    i love the way that dalara loses control and wrecks on the wall in 01:00 about...  :-O
    Also in this video is shown the old classic 70's Mini Cooper and its lovely as i expected 8->

• LewisBCR6LewisBCR6 Member New Car Smell
    watch in this video some great crashes for  GAS ...and its from  xbox360  version , think about  PC  version...  =P~   
    i love the way that dalara loses control and wrecks on the wall in 01:00 about...  :-O
    Also in this video is shown the old classic 70's Mini Cooper and its lovely as i expected 8->

The mini! :o 
    Hype level +1 :D 
    KazzyMac said:
    LewisBCR6 said:

Those were all in replay cam too so we can't say for certain whether aavara's car survived the crashes or if it was terminally damaged from the impacts. Or whether he even had mechanical damage on to begin with.

But, let's not ever say Codemasters have ever done bad visual damage on their games, even if it does seem a tad more forgiving than Grid 1. Then again I've had plenty crashes in Grid 2 which I felt I should have gotten away with, and they ripped the wheels off my car instead. :P
    same here but the same thing happens to me on the F1 games from time to time too. although generally I normally have damage off was thinking when I next do a career mode on 2012 I might put the damage on and  turn on the safety car too. I'll keep the AIU probably on Amateur for that career though instead of flicking it up to Intermediate when I get too successful to compensate as I'm not that good a driver and I still want to be able to win.

• mcnabmcnab Member New Car Smell
    Here is a good video i found today

• HoiHmanHoiHman Member Wheel Nut
    Thanks,

Great video very informative :)
    mcnab said:
    Here is a good video i found today

nice find mcnab very informative

• SkidSkid Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    My video just went live on You Tube, it focus on the game from a multi-monitor perspective, but it goes into most of the systems and mechances of the game itself as well. The video itself is part analysis, part walkthough and part waffle, feel free to like or dislike my video and comment are always welcome too.

Channel Link: [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/n11skid]http://www.youtube.com/user/n11skid[/url]

While this video can be watched on any screen it has been encoded to look best on a multi-monitor system, so if your running such a system, then select 4K quality from the drop down box and watch in fullscreen.

I'll post links to screen shots tonight, when I'm back home again.

Edit: They took so long to moderate this post other people have already posted it, sorry about that.
    Post edited by Skid on
    : ) Skid : )
    My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/n11skid
    Skid-Inc Racing, my GRID Autosport Club: https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/club/26/skid-inc-racing
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
  • KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    Nice video. Is it just me or are the AI's braking/racing line massively improved in the build you've got? They seem to be braking far later than they did on the videos I've seen.