Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Grid Autosport Videos and screen shots thread

Comments

• SkidSkid Member New Car Smell
    KazzyMac said:
    Nice video. Is it just me or are the AI's braking/racing line massively improved in the build you've got? They seem to be braking far later than they did on the videos I've seen.
    I'm playing on hard difficulty which might effect it, but so long as they aren't packed really close together they will track the racing line fairly well, unless they are covering there line to stop someone overtaking. But yeah, most the times I've passed a car with no other cars around to effect the AI, I've ether have to be aggressive or break dangerous late, this is especially true if I'm trying to pass a Ravenwest car.
    : ) Skid : )
    My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/n11skid
    Skid-Inc Racing, my GRID Autosport Club: https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/club/26/skid-inc-racing
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
  • KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    Skid said:
    KazzyMac said:
    Nice video. Is it just me or are the AI's braking/racing line massively improved in the build you've got? They seem to be braking far later than they did on the videos I've seen.
    I'm playing on hard difficulty which might effect it, but so long as they aren't packed really close together they will track the racing line fairly well, unless they are covering there line to stop someone overtaking. But yeah, most the times I've passed a car with no other cars around to effect the AI, I've ether have to be aggressive or break dangerous late, this is especially true if I'm trying to pass a Ravenwest car.
    That's good; in earlier builds the AI were notoriously terrible under braking (they'd brake so early you could normally pass 5 or 6 cars just by going around them.)
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Skid said:
    KazzyMac said:
    yeah good vid Skid a very infotrmative vid of the game which is always nice to see. I think the tuner discipline's going to be tricky for most of us I struggled with it on practically every game I've got really. usually play at V Easy or Easy settings as I'm not that solid a driver but it's good that there's lots of options to help with that anyway as you showed.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• SkidSkid Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    Thanks sjsharp :) Yeah difting is kinda counter intuitive to the way I drive, I prefer to have my cars gripping all the way around the corner, so intentionally making one slide is hard ^^

Here are the screenshots I said I would post (images are thumbnails, click for full sized version):

Anyway time for bed, early start tomorrow for a long day at my day job, at last it's a relatively lazy day.
    : ) Skid : )
    My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/n11skid
    Skid-Inc Racing, my GRID Autosport Club: https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/club/26/skid-inc-racing
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
    same here I prefer a grippy car too.

• VoidhawkVoidhawk Member Unleaded
    Fantastic video Skid :) It was indeed very informative and presented in an articulate fashion.couple of points... Firstly the "impact rating" is from Grid 2 and is a visual icon representation of how clean you race shown in online lobbies. Secondly custom cups (at least online) have been confirmed to award experience points :)
  • KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    Voidhawk said:
    Fantastic video Skid :) It was indeed very informative and presented in an articulate fashion.couple of points... Firstly the "impact rating" is from Grid 2 and is a visual icon representation of how clean you race shown in online lobbies. Secondly custom cups (at least online) have been confirmed to award experience points :)
    IIRC it's possible to get more  XP in custom cups if you set them up correctly (i.e. long races, no flashbacks, forced manual/interior cam, etc.

I remember someone on this forum being concerned about upgrades/tuning being allowed in custom cups. Skid's video has helpfully informed us that they are separate options for custom cups (so you can allow tuning but no upgrades, upgrades but no tuning ... or neither) which will probably be very handy for providing very even, Grid-patch-1.3-level racing.
  • HoiHmanHoiHman Member Wheel Nut
    HoiHman said:
    nice find

• HoiHmanHoiHman Member Wheel Nut
    Thanks, really can't wait to try this game on my triple screen rig.

I preordered the game day one on steam, but it still sucks that we have to wait 3 very long extra days here in Europe.

I just might be tempted to try a "extended demo" during the first 3 days :)
    HoiHman said:
    Thanks, really can't wait to try this game on my triple screen rig.

I preordered the game day one on steam, but it still sucks that we have to wait 3 very long extra days here in Europe.

I just might be tempted to try a "extended demo" during the first 3 days :)
    yeah shame we do have to wat a little longer but unfortunately we can't do anything about that. But at leas t the wait isn't too long now given it comes out next weekend. Will be putting it straight into my system too. Will do a few practice races first through custom cup to get my settings and difficu8lty sorted and get a feel for how it handles before getting onto my first  career  but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2014
    trailer for street races.... in the video is shown the bloody classic  LANCIA DELTA  ...I love it ! 

• SparkRacerSparkRacer Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    Bit of a bump, but have some demo derby!

Bit of a bump, but have some demo derby!

it's in private mode by the way as for Demu derby saw @Skid do some last night looked quite good fun althoughnot really my thing but it is a party moed thing so at least I have the option of doing it or leaving it.

• goonerjon777goonerjon777 Member New Car Smell
    Team VVV yesterday....
    Welcome back Spa

The vidz are pouring in now

• LooreLoore Member Champion
    KazzyMac said:
    We improved the AI lately, after the preview build but before the review build. You should see an improvement in the latest batch of videos that go up, especially after the review embargo later today.
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    I havnt seen a single vid driving the BMW touring car, fwd noobs I-)
    Unless its not available << :)
    teamVVV latest
    bet they are itching to get their review out
    why do idiots get hold of the game early sheeeeeesh