Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Cannot assign H shifter gears

I have a Thrustmaster TX racing wheel with T3pa pedals and g25 shifter. 

When I try to assign H shifter gears, the game is waiting for me to input which button I want for whichever gear, when I press the button I want (it doesn't matter what I press whether it's a controller button or any key on the keyboard) it goes back to unassigned the instant I press it. I've wasted about an hour or two trying to fix this and it will not work.

Comments

• DoriTDoriT Member New Car Smell
    This problem is still there after the new patch, I know I'm not the only one with this problem. 
  • SpoksterSpokster Member Pit Crew
    Do you have your Logitech profiler installed and checked if it doesn't conflict with your Trustmaster control panel?
    "Assumption is the mother of all mistakes"
    ~Mr. Eugene Lewis Fordsworthe
  • Sims55Sims55 Member New Car Smell
    Unfortunately, this problem is clean, and is there since the beginning, I also possess a TX, but with a shifter TH8A, and the only solution that I found to run him H there, is to modify the file XML of the present TX in " imput "...
  • DoriTDoriT Member New Car Smell
    I did modify the xml already and it doesn't help. The game won't accept anything as an input for gear selection, so I doubt it's any conflict with the profilers, every other game works no problem with my set up. 
  • kosaendrekosaendre Member New Car Smell
    After 18 months the issue is still there... Codies doesn't seem to give a crap about it...
  • LoryxLoryx Member New Car Smell
    Hello, I've the same issue. Codemasters do something about this?

• SIDEWAYS7SIDEWAYS7 Member New Car Smell
    I have almost the same problem, but with G29 and TH8A...I cannot select MANUAL H PATTERN in game performance menu, so I cannot bind keys like 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear....  It is sad...
    SIDEWAYS7 said:
    I have almost the same problem, but with G29 and TH8A...I cannot select MANUAL H PATTERN in game performance menu, so I cannot bind keys like 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear....  It is sad...
    on pheripherals, try to press F1 key, set wheel on all pheripherals, and on profile page you could select H shifter. But after this, I've the issue of unassigment for each gears. I' try to press also keyboard keys, but nothing, the input command remain unassigned.
    I don't know what do you mean. I tried to press F1 key in game perfomance menu, in controls menu and others like advanced gamepad settings or something like that, nothing help. Still I cannot change to manual H pattern, only Manual Sequentional. :( 
    I don't remenber the exact menù, but you have to redefine the default controller type (wheel, gamepad, keyboard...) on the pheripheral list.
    Read this: http://www.isrtv.com/codemasters-dirt-series/setting-up-unsupported-wheels-in-dirt-rally/

edited October 25
    oh, I know, you mean in choose preset, I have G29, QWERTY keyboard, Input Device and another Input Device and when I press F1 on Input Device, it change on joystick, gamepad and steering whell, unfortunately, nothing help, still don't have MANUAL H PATTERN option in game preferences menu, so I can't bind gears. Even if Thrustsmater shifter work fine, because when binding for example Gear UP and shift 3rd gear on shifter, Dirt rally recognize 3rd button on shifter.... :-( 

edit: Maybe it because I have supported wheel, no unsupported wheel, so everytime game knows, that I am using G29...don't know. I found xml in Input folder named ignore_presets.xml, what is interesting is that when I open the file I see this:
    <IgnoreList>

<Ignore name="tm_shifter" device_type_id="{B660044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}"/>
      <Ignore name="mouseDefault" device_type_id="mouse"/>

</IgnoreList>

tm_shifter? But even when I delete that file, doesn't matter...
    I have it!!!! I have a solution! Your link is perfect, step by step is correct, but you must have unsuported wheel! If you have supported wheel like me, find your wheel in input folder, (G29 for me) and delete it. Run the game and now you can follow manual from step 5. So in controls preset, press F1 on Direct Input Devices until you select Steering wheel, now bind your steer left, turn wheel left and Wheel Icon appeared. (until now i have only LS icon, so LEFT STICK??).....so follow the rest...and voila! Perfect, thank you so much Loryx, you saved my favorite game!
    I've an OSW and an TH8RS shifter. the wheel works fine, but when I've toi set the eight gears, the command remain unassigned :-(
    Okay, how many Direct Input Devices you have in game?
    edited October 26
    beacuse you need to tell the game, what is joystick, what is gamepad and what is wheel....if you have all as Steering wheel, it doesn't work for me either. Yesterday I left everything on Steering wheel and if I choose Manual H Pattern with Clutch or sequentional, I can't bind 1st gear, 2nd gear and others too. Nothing happend when I try 1st gear. So I tried to change some Direct Input Devices to joystick and try again bind all keys. Assign steer left and I don't have wheel icon again, I have LS (left stick) icon again, because I choose wrong Direct Input Device. Do you get it? You see if you have success, because you must have steering wheel icon on steering wheel, others is joystick or gamepad....try it. ;-) I hope you understand me, my english is awful. :smile: