Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Problems connecting to Racenet in GRID 2

Every time GRID 2 needs to 'contact racenet', I get "Connection Failed" and I cannot access GRID Online (Online, Global Challenges, and Rivals sections). I cannot find any other post relating to this issue but it's been happening since last evening (unsure what time). Anyone else have this issue? Did I miss an announcement or something?

Comments

• whiteapalachiwhiteapalachi Member New Car Smell
    Looks like you beat me by a couple of minutes - I just posted about the same issue!

I get the error for Global Challenge and Rivals, but Online seems to be unaffected for me.
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    I'll look into it, what platform are you guys playing on?

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

PS3 here, digital version.
  • Inflames47Inflames47 Member New Car Smell
    Same issue this morning 6-9  Sweden time. Has been an issue lately again, could not log in last night or this a.m. running pc Grid 2 version via Steam. All other games in Steam working fine, files validated. Other friends are having same issues.  Please keep informed ty

• FationablyLateFationablyLate Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    My game is through Steam. I'm in America by the way (Central Time). I don't know if that's going to make a difference in your troubleshooting.
  • NecroSerumNecroSerum Member New Car Smell
    For me this only occurs after global challanges/rivals get the weekly update. I can do 2 or 3 challanges and then contact is lost for some time with racenet(online race is unaffected). After 1 or 2 hours it's back to normal again. Maybe it's a traffic issue? People that wanna do the new challenges + new rivals getting drawn? Altough i believe that they aren't updated at the same time. Running the PS3 digital version.
    Today was the first time I tried again since posting above and this time I had no problems.
  • PetrolheadsgPetrolheadsg Member New Car Smell
    Same problem here.  And when I do get in...there is never a race going on.  Its a non-starter for me which is frustrating as hell.  I'm from Singapore and am playing it via Steam
  • SmokerRudaSmokerRuda Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014

Happened to me 4 or 5 times yesterday. You finish a segment in global challenges and then it can't connect to it again unless you quit the game and boot it back up.

I also can not find any of the 4 videos I uploaded to my LINKED youtube account! What the 7734 is going on???

• Th3DankTh3Dank Member New Car Smell
    i'm have a similar issue also but mine is telling me that i'm unable to make secure communication with racenet. i have only been in there 1 time and have never been able to get back in...I'm running the pc version via steam.. Any ideas that i may do to fix this? i have turned off my firewall, antivirus and still same issue.... Please help. i have 2 other friend that play an they have no issues doing rivals and global challenges. 
  • MHVMHV Member New Car Smell
    same here ps3
  • DocSnyder84DocSnyder84 Member New Car Smell

same problem here, since a few days

i have the steam pc version

please fix it fast

thx

• DocSnyder84DocSnyder84 Member New Car Smell
    Today in the morning the racent function is fine.Is it a problem with to many people on the servers?
  • pepinorangpepinorang Member New Car Smell

I bought this game few weeks ago ONLY for the "Global Challenge" mode. Since several days, 100% of my attempts to connect to RACENET fails. Until you solve this issue (Hopefully quickly) my purchase is totaly USELESS to me. THANKS !

• JetkrownJetkrown Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2014

FationablyLate said:

Every time GRID 2 needs to 'contact racenet', I get "Connection Failed" and I cannot access GRID Online (Online, Global Challenges, and Rivals sections). I cannot find any other post relating to this issue but it's been happening since last evening (unsure what time). Anyone else have this issue? Did I miss an announcement or something?

Same here.

PC Steam.

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972739860/ 

I can connect normally on webrowser https://racenet.codemasters.com/ and see my profile, my rivals, global challenge. But in game i cant play.

• VitalyayaVitalyaya Member New Car Smell

Absolutly same problem. Just connecting failed.

PC Steam version.

• HerrSargnagelHerrSargnagel Member New Car Smell

Same issue here playing via steam.......i think since the launch of grid autosport they give a **** for us grid 2 lovers

• MindPhishMindPhish Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2014

I am having the same issue. Playing on the XBOX 360.

Post edited by MindPhish on
  • syedzainsyedzain Member New Car Smell

same issue on ps3 .... is there any solution for this ??

• HerrSargnagelHerrSargnagel Member New Car Smell

till now nothing, i think the support for this game might be run out