Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Who do you think will win the World CuP?

ImRiteUrRong74ImRiteUrRong74 Member Unleaded
edited June 2014 in Off-topic Discussion
Just post your entry ;)

Who do you think will win the World CuP? 13 votes

Brazil
30%
MBKF1sjsharp2010AMS97KRRTommig1995 4 votes
Spain
15%
yugin96mike96 2 votes
Argentina
15%
ImRiteUrRong74LowKeyRacer 2 votes
Germany
15%
alonsofan46NMND 2 votes
Belgium
0%
Italy
0%
Portugal
0%
Holland
23%
fIsince08JiggyJensonBottom 3 votes
Uruguay
0%
Columbia
0%

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited June 2014
    Brazil
    based on what I've seen so far I've got to go with Brazil I think Spain still hasa chance but depends opn how they react to the defeat against Netherlands

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Holland
    Netherlands after that scoreline.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    Brazil
    I think they'll edge Argentina in the final.

I'm not being funny, but if you are going to put Belgium, Uruguay, Italy and Colombia on there then England need to be there.

| 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• ImRiteUrRong74ImRiteUrRong74 Member Unleaded
    Argentina
    I would have put England but there is only 10 spaces and now I regret putting Uruguay on the list due to the 3-1 loss to Costa Rica, so :/
  • ImRiteUrRong74ImRiteUrRong74 Member Unleaded
    Argentina
    I'm surprised nobody  put Germany yet
  • Tommig1995Tommig1995 Member Pit Crew
    Brazil
    Still back Brazil as the host. I think the upsets have been due to poor football from the favourites, rather than great football from the underdogs.
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
    Brazil
    Still back Brazil as the host. I think the upsets have been due to poor football from the favourites, rather than great football from the underdogs.
    that's what I'm thinking too the faves have just had a bit of a dodgy start it can happen but if they get their heads down and work hard there's a good chance they can still come back strong

edited June 2014
    Brazil
    It's funny because Spain were among the  favourites, then they got battered. Where do they stand now? Brazil probably should have drawn 0-0 or lost 1-0 in their game. Yet to see Argentina or Germany, but if both of those produce poor displays, Italy or the Netherlands could be in with a chance. You've got those big 4 (Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina) and then outside of that Italy, Netherlands, France and England. And 3 of those outsiders has outperformed Brazil and Spain so far IMO.

This will be interesting to see. And England vs Italy was in very hot conditions, so in the "cooler" cities I expect both sides to improve. Or at least play at a higher standard for longer.

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Brazil
    Brazil.

I don't have any insightful comment on why. I just think they will.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Spain
    Spain.

I have a feeling things will turn around, don't ask me why. And I think back in 2008 or 2010 they were defeated in the first game but still won the cup (Can't remember if it was Euro or World Cup).
    PSN ID: maptidh | Steam ID: mikeerfol

2017 Predictor Game Champion | 2015, 2017 Predictor Team Champion for Willyams with RevolvingPrawn
    Brazil
    mike96 said:
    Spain.

I have a feeling things will turn around, don't ask me why. And I think back in 2008 or 2010 they were defeated in the first game but still won the cup (Can't remember if it was Euro or World Cup).
    world cup I believe as I think it was mentioned in commentary it t was in 2010 in South Africa

• alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    Germany
    AMS97KRR said:
    It's funny because Spain were among the  favourites, then they got battered. Where do they stand now? Brazil probably should have drawn 0-0 or lost 1-0 in their game. Yet to see Argentina or Germany, but if both of those produce poor displays, Italy or the Netherlands could be in with a chance. You've got those big 4 (Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina) and then outside of that Italy, Netherlands, France and England. And 3 of those outsiders has outperformed Brazil and Spain so far IMO.

This will be interesting to see. And England vs Italy was in very hot conditions, so in the "cooler" cities I expect both sides to improve. Or at least play at a higher standard for longer.

=)) Brazil should have lost ? Really ? You're going too far there imo.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    edited June 2014
    Germany
    I'll refrain from voting before I see the Argentina game tonight.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    edited June 2014
    Brazil
    AMS97KRR said:

=)) Brazil should have lost ? Really ? You're going too far there imo.
    They wouldn't have scored any if Croatia had a better keeper at the time. The penalty was a weak hand from the keeper, the first goal from Neymar was lucky and the last goal was poor goalkeeping. Should have been 1-1 really, they didn't deserve a win

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Other.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn