Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Codemasters developers vs gamers in a real rally!

ThierryNeuvilleThierryNeuville Member Petrol Head
edited April 2014 in World of Motorsport
Ever let your fantasy go? Would a developer or a gamer win in a real rally, with real rallycars, and NO rewind buttons?!

Since a few years @JonTucker is back in the rally sport with @kickup,
but would these Codemasters employee win it from a Codemaster fan/ gamer?

Well soon we will find out because I am planning to cross the channel and rally some rallies in the UK, with my Peugeot 206 RC rally car,
and challenge some UK events.

A whole new experience because the rallies here in the Netherlands are so different then in the UK!

So what do you guys think? will the developers win in their Scooby? or will the Dutch rookie/gamer win?
Wondering ofcourse what event we should choose, perhaps we should vote for it?

Lets see how many likes this will get if this is an awesome idea? 
Post edited by ThierryNeuville on
  " If in doubt, Flat out! "

Comments

• JordJord Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    Good luck with this, it sounds really awesome. Have you been involved in any rally events before? 
    Level Designer :)
  • ThierryNeuvilleThierryNeuville Member Petrol Head
    Jord said:
    Good luck with this, it sounds really awesome. Have you been involved in any rally events before? 
    Rallying almost for 5 a 6 years now ;-) beside that rallying is my lifestyle, since i was a kid i got involved in rallying! ;-)
  • JordJord Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    In that case you should really give the devs a run for their money :) Keep us updated on this!
    Level Designer :)
    Jord said:
    In that case you should really give the devs a run for their money :) Keep us updated on this!
    Don't underestimate @jontucker and @kickup, Jon is also driving for a while! and the Scooby has a lot more horse power then my little french lion ;-)
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I've done about a dozen rallies as a co driver for my dad, our next event will be next weekend on the sommerset stages. It would be good fun to compete against the developers, but unfortunately our standard 1.4 isn't quite in the same league as the Subaru!

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    @JonTucker is a very good driver, used to be right up there with some very quick guys back in the 206 Super Cup days! Be good to see you over here @ThierryNeuville /Martijn
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
    @JonTucker is a very good driver, used to be right up there with some very quick guys back in the 206 Super Cup days! Be good to see you over here @ThierryNeuville /Martijn

:) Glad to hear! @jontucker drove a Peugeot 206 1.6 XS cup car right? Mine 206 is a 2.0L 16 valve ;-)  
  • JonTuckerJonTucker Member Unleaded
    edited April 2014

:) Glad to hear! @jontucker drove a Peugeot 206 1.6 XS cup car right? Mine 206 is a 2.0L 16 valve ;-)  

Yes, it was a 206 Super Cup car. So much fun! It would be great to enter a rally and go head to head @ThierryNeuville! :D

Thanks @RallyCameraman :\">

twitter: jontucker1

JonTucker said:

Yes, it was a 206 Super Cup car. So much fun! It would be great to enter a rally and go head to head @ThierryNeuville! :D

Thanks @RallyCameraman :\">

Lets make this happen :) At least 2 rallies ( 1 UK , 1 Netherlands) ;-) because it wont be fair of your home rally advancement :-) :D
    Also have to admit that I cannot secure that I will drive the 206 ;-) something is in the air here ^-^
     But as I said before lets make this happen :D