Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

New Forums - Feedback thread

Welcome again to our new forums. We hope you are enjoying using them so far. If you have any feedback, suggestions or problems with the forums, then please let us know in this thread.

Thanks! :)

Director, Community Relations

Codemasters

Website http://www.codemasters.com

Follow me on Twitter: SatineCM

Tagged:

Comments

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Co-Driver
    Awesome, welcome back The Forums :-D

I'll be along in a few weeks (months) with all new screenshot comparisons, I'm sure... ;-)
  • TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    edited April 2014
    First of all, good to see the forums are back.

It would be nice to see different subforums for the games, now there are categories for F1, GRID and DiRT, but in my opinion those should be split up for the different titles as well. 

Oh if you put 'www.steamcommunity.com/id/turbodevin' in the website field at your profile, when you click the link it redirects to 'forums.codemasters.com/www.steamcommunity.com/id/turbodevin'.
    When you put http:// in front of the url it works properly. So maybe add that automaticly if it's not in the url yet.

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Hi everyone. Just wanna say it's so good to be back!

But one thing I've noticed which seems a bit odd. I was making a post/comment and for some reason the font changed from what it usually is (Arial I think) to Calibri. I didn't click any buttons. I just started a new sentence. Nothing big, but I thought I'd let you know.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • SatineSatine Member admin
    Thanks Pete, it looks like that happened in the post above yours here too! We'll take a look into it.

Codemasters

First of all, good to see the forums are back.

It would be nice to see different subforums for the games, now there are categories for F1, GRID and DiRT, but in my opinion those should be split up for the different titles as well. 

Oh if you put 'www.steamcommunity.com/id/turbodevin' in the website field at your profile, when you click the link it redirects to 'forums.codemasters.com/www.steamcommunity.com/id/turbodevin'.
    When you put http:// in front of the url it works properly. So maybe add that automaticly if it's not in the url yet.
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, to have links correctly resolve in your profile, you do need to enter the http:// on the front or else it attaches the forums URL to the front of it.

Codemasters

Thanks! And also another thing I've noticed which again isn't huge. When I go to click on the 'Leave a Comment' box, I would normally expect the cursor to start flashing. However, it doesn't appear until I start to type. Just a small thing.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    The text hurts my eyes..  :((
    Roger that. I'll add that to the list too. Thanks!

Codemasters

• laz1973laz1973 Member New Car Smell
    Welcome back guys n girls. Great to see the forums back up and running. Great to see the old accounts are still active and I'm glad I could still remember it lol. Can't wait to see what will come of this place but when i'm not on my own forum website I will surely be in here annoying you guys lol.
    Co-owner of PlaystationScotland, a forum website for Scottish PlayStation gamers
    Don't know if it's the first bug but on the left hand column"Unanswered" had 1 next to it but there is no posts showing. Could this be not resetting after it has been looked at ?.
    Co-owner of PlaystationScotland, a forum website for Scottish PlayStation gamers
  • LooreLoore Member Champion
    laz1973 said:
    Don't know if it's the first bug but on the left hand column"Unanswered" had 1 next to it but there is no posts showing. Could this be not resetting after it has been looked at ?.
    Does it still say "1" for you?
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
    edited April 2014
    It did but now its reset back too zero.
    Post edited by laz1973 on
    Oh a nice wee thanks or Kudos button would be nice too ;-)
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Forums feel a bit clunky for me...

Can we have the games split up into their own categories again? Doesn't look bad at the minute but it'll get hectic once new games are released.

Also, can we have a nicer background and bigger avatar thumbnails please?

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

I had the same issue as Laz aswell. It was saying 1 without any posts, and then it corrected itself.
    @PeteTheDuck I had it too when I signed up.

Also, can we have unlimited post edit time please? It'll be really helpful for the predictor game.

#RIPJules

• moogleslammoogleslam Member Co-Driver
    So far so good, but it's early days :P
    Precision Racing League
    Fun, fair, and clean racing for all skill levels!
    Also yet another thing to keep you busy ;)

Any chance the categories could be unbolded when there are no new posts?

#RIPJules

• LooreLoore Member Champion
    laz1973 said:
    It did but now its reset back too zero.
    Great!

laz1973
    said:
    Oh a nice wee thanks or Kudos button would be nice too ;-)
    Hover your mouse over the signature area and you'll see a whole host of options such as Like and agree :)

fIsince08 said:
    Forums feel a bit clunky for me...

Can we have the games split up into their own categories again? Doesn't look bad at the minute but it'll get hectic once new games are released.

Also, can we have a nicer background and bigger avatar thumbnails please?
    Current thinking is that we'll go with just one section, so there'll only ever be one F1 section for example, instead of having multiple ones for each game. This may change though and we're open to feedback and suggestions on it. 
    I had the same issue as Laz aswell. It was saying 1 without any posts, and then it corrected itself.
    It looks like it may just need a few minutes to catch up. We'll continue to monitor it and watch how it behaves while the forums bed in.
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Co-Driver
    I agree that the font is a bit sharp to read, it is very narrow and thin.

This Trebuchet MS font looks more readable to me.
    Or even Verdana, looks more readable.

What does everyone else think? have a play with the fonts drop down :-)