Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Crashing after loading screen (PC)

So haven't played this game in months, tried to get back into it last night and reinstalled it, now all of a sudden the game crashes to desktop after the loading screen when loading any sort of event; whether it be a practice session in career mode, quick race or time trial. More precisely, it crashes on the black screen with 'Please wait' in the top left corner, after the loading screen with options and picture of the track. After searching this forum, I saw a few posts with the same problem however they were all on Xbox and not PC, but one of their work arounds was to play the game offline. So I've tried launching the game after resetting Steam in offline mode, and still the problem is there. Really frustrating that now this game just simply does not work.

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    Does this work now?                               
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • shaunhutchieshaunhutchie Member New Car Smell
    Does this work now?                               
    No, unfortunately the crashing is still happening.
  • shaunhutchieshaunhutchie Member New Car Smell
    I'm still suffering with this problem on all game modes. This game has literally been unplayable for a close to a year now. Is there any way I can get a refund and completely remove the game from my steam library?
  • echo321echo321 Member Unleaded
    Well, i guess the problem is somewhere on your side. That much is clear... Try update every driver maybe... 
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    When you reinstall the game the installation of MS (& Kinect) runtimes should occur on first launch.

If it doesn't someone did post a link to the downloader somewhere.

Soemthing is up with '17 as the voice commands is broke again, yet another very similar more recent, unfinalised game works on the same PC....
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com