Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GRID Autosport Feedback

Comments

• DJ007DJ007 Member Unleaded
    Speedball said:
    T-cam on the open-wheelers is excellent, and I like that the IndyCars get rolling starts.
    Nice touch Codies!
    NickDahy said:
    Can't wait to play more of this game

Best news i've heard today!
    "The faster he goes the quicker he'll get to the pits, the slower he goes the longer it will take!" exclaimed Murray Walker.
  • xTACOLOVERxxxTACOLOVERxx Member New Car Smell
    First i wanna say is Grid Autosport is one of the best racing games I've played. one problem i have found is on the Detroit demo derby track the long version of the track, on the crossover jump on the first lap they just go straight into the orange barriers if you could fix this please thank you, and thank you for creating another great racing game :)   
  • snotchompersnotchomper Member New Car Smell

I played a fair bit of GRID 2 & the point to point races were very popular :s

• P308RP308R Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2014
    I played for a couple of hours yesterday evening and I have to say I am impressed so far. DS3 controler and no assists. However there are a few issues:

Issues:
    1. Chasecam -> Is too low and therefore almost unusable. Would like to see a chasecam a bit higher so that you can see properly what's happening in front of the car.

2. Touringcars feel great but a bit light/floaty. Give them a bit more "weight".

3. Replays have a few nice angles but I would like to see the cars look more natural. Sometimes it looks like they are skating on ice.

4. I miss the pitstops. I play with no flashbacks and if you get damaged by the AI it would be nice to be able to go into the pits and get some repairs done. It's a feature I really miss!

5. Cockpitview without the wheel is greatly done (TOCA2 / 3) but the view with the wheel is just not detailed enough. It feels rushed.

6. The faster openwheeler (Lola A1 GP and Indy Dalara) are twitchy and nervous to drive. I expected handling like the F1 games but I was completely wrong. They need quite some additional work handlingwise. The Lola for example if you drive with a controler , the slightest touch of gas in a corner in lower gears makes your car go sideways or into a spin. Took every corner in 3th gear after and the problem was gone. Maybe you could check the first 2 gears.

7. The cars in the club garage are not shown in the design for that club.

8. Online I struggle a bit to see through. I never know if I am racing for the club or not when changing a discipline or car. I can't seem to figure out where I can see this. HELP :-c

Miscelanious:
    9. Missing photomode: GAS is so intense while racing. I photomode to capture the greatest and most spectacular moments would be great.

10. Within Single Player you can't create your own team or use your "RACENET CLUB".  Also you can't run your own livery. I like the idea to race for teams but I rather would create, manage and race for my own team.

On a side note I hope you guys drop all those disciplines and start focussing on 1 or 2. Preferable just touringcars and I would like to see to move the slider a bit more towards simulation.  The AI is great, absolutely fabulous. I play on medium for the moment but it's an absolute blast. Great job!
    Post edited by P308R on
    | TOCA | CMR | TOCA2 | CMR 2.0 | TOCA WTC | TOCA RACE DRIVER | DTM RACEDRIVER 2 | CMR 4 | DTM RACEDRIVER 3 | DIRT | GRID | F1 2010 | F1 2012 | GRID AS | DIRT RALLY | DIRT4 | 

FIREVS

• HirschieHirschie Member New Car Smell
    sorry, my failure.

this handbrake swing off was caused by ABS !
    now without abs i can drift through the corners like i know this...

REALLY GREAT JOB CODIES...THATS THE GRID I WANT !!!

• Phil88TCPhil88TC Member New Car Smell
    i preordered the game but i can't download the black edition content, it says error so no content...i know that people on steam got the same problem, exactly the same issue! please codemasters solve the problem! will i get another code?
  • LooreLoore Member Champion
    edited June 2014
    Phil88TC said:
    i preordered the game but i can't download the black edition content, it says error so no content...i know that people on steam got the same problem, exactly the same issue! please codemasters solve the problem! will i get another code?
    What format do you play on and what country are you in?
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • JakeFerrierJakeFerrier Member New Car Smell
    I have the same issue as Phil, I am using a PS3 in Australia.
  • andmcqandmcq Member New Car Smell

I'm one of those weird creatures that loved Grid 2. According steam I spent 65 hours on Grid 2, had 259 online races and averaged 2nd (yay!). I like all kinds of race games from sims to arcade games and I liked Grid 2 because it didn't try to be something it wasn't. The drifting was used perfectly to hide the lack of physics but in Autosport that's not the case. Autosport is trying to be something that it's not. There's no physics here, it's trying to be an 'in-between' between simulation and arcade but it should just be a full on arcade game. It's just the Dirt 3 engine powering a tarmac based race game. And we know how bad Dirt 3 felt on tarmac…

But I don't hate the game and I think I'll get a lot of enjoyment from it but it is just a little frustrating that Codemasters have bent to the will of people who are asking for simcade when there's simply not one to offer here.

• KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    andmcq said:

I'm one of those weird creatures that loved Grid 2. According steam I spent 65 hours on Grid 2, had 259 online races and averaged 2nd (yay!). I like all kinds of race games from sims to arcade games and I liked Grid 2 because it didn't try to be something it wasn't. The drifting was used perfectly to hide the lack of physics but in Autosport that's not the case. Autosport is trying to be something that it's not. There's no physics here, it's trying to be an 'in-between' between simulation and arcade but it should just be a full on arcade game. It's just the Dirt 3 engine powering a tarmac based race game. And we know how bad Dirt 3 felt on tarmac…

But I don't hate the game and I think I'll get a lot of enjoyment from it but it is just a little frustrating that Codemasters have bent to the will of people who are asking for simcade when there's simply not one to offer here.

I loved Grid 2 as well; not because it was trying to be serious but because it was just kinda nice and casual. Think I've done like 3,000 races on it.

Cars in GAS don't feel floaty to me - not any more floaty than they do in grid and grid 2. I had an absolute blast playing with the Camaro SS last night; the back end's so twitchy. Throttle control is so important on this game and I'm amazed I could get podium positions on Very Hard AI difficulty using a pad. Need to try with a wheel at some point. Perhaps at the weekend when my friends get it.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited June 2014
    Why oh why no clutch just like your F1 titles? I don't think I'm alone in wanting a clutch, functional mirrors and pit stops Those are important things to any racing games/sim! Also whats up with not being able to adjust anything between 0-100 in the garage? Come Codematsters do your racing titles some justice!
    The level of adjustments improves as you upgrade your car. To start with, all cars have their tuning capability set to 'none' or 'low', where 'low' means 'can set things to zero or 100 only'.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • Jet7352Jet7352 Member New Car Smell
    Grid Autosport ... Love it! Love it! Love it!

First few hours playing and love it! I'm a realistic sim racer but know a little balance of fun is also good.

Much better than Grid 2 for realism. Jumped straight into Career and completed my first Touring season. Got used to the under-steer and started driving more realistically (vs my Grid 2 bad habits). Loved the close, pack racing with highly competitive AI.

Then jumped across for my next season in the open-wheelers. Here I found my racing heaven. Best racing I've ever had. Sharp turning fast cars where smooth acceleration is required to not spin out. I was quickly able to feel the traction point and love that even if a slide occurs you can still control it and not automatically spin out! It feels real! (more playable than my F1 2012)

Was so great to be able to jump between racing types each season for variety! And for the player to choose.

Great job Codemasters!
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    Played a few hours offline only  :-\"  and having mucho fun. The handling obviously takes a short while to get used to but then its good, a bit  testing, seat squirming, wheel gripping, face grinning, sort of good :). Looaads better than G2.
    I didnt have to set up my G27 at all, left it as it was set with G2 (190 rotation), I just dropped the dead zones in advanced opts and it feels right for me. Tried all disciplines except tuner, I liked the tyre wear thingy on endurance as it makes you drive very smooth or else lose the tyre grip, good for learning the lines.
     Careful hooning ! with the odd powerslide and semi drift is still possible but at great cost in speed so if you want to win you keep it to a minimum and drive proper like. Running at hard setting (abs only) and having a time with the AI, damn Nathan, Rick, and Mahmood they put up a good race, far chase view feels good, graphics are super smooth, no glitching or freezing with a good 60+ fps.
    Loving it so far 

:D
  • Jet7352Jet7352 Member New Car Smell
    further to above ...

my only suggestion so far is that I found the open-wheeler front antenna to be too distracting / annoying as it's centre screen in the head level view I use. I would request that this antenna be removed.
  • MarkVenomMarkVenom Member Unleaded
    Just another blunder-we were supposed to have co-op mode ala co-op seasons and such. THis has not been delivered, I am not interested in another cheating-online-smashathon. In actual fact the description of Steam was changed on release too. THis is misleading, unethical and I am done buying your products. Lucky I did not buy this one and had a friend going through the pain first.

Codies what is the **** matter with you. Your AI by the way belongs on a battle field NOT in a racing sim/simcade. LOLZ
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited June 2014
    You really joined the forum just to comment on a game you had no intention of buying? I wish I had that much time on my hands...
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • MarkVenomMarkVenom Member Unleaded
    You really joined the forum just to comment on a game you had no intention of buying? I wish I had that much time on my hands...
    I have time on my hands to point out unethical business practices and to let the producer know, that I don't buy for particular reasons. That is proper feedback without which they could not improve. Given I have not much hope and thus the tone of my comment. But...emphasis on 'not much'-there is still a tiny little glimmer. Oh and you Sir are a troll for stating what you did.
  • KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    MarkVenom said:
    I have time on my hands to point out unethical business practices and to let the producer know, that I don't buy for particular reasons. That is proper feedback without which they could not improve. Given I have not much hope and thus the tone of my comment. But...emphasis on 'not much'-there is still a tiny little glimmer. Oh and you Sir are a troll for stating what you did.
    Cool story, bro. Back to pCars with you, then.
  • OctoberDusk06OctoberDusk06 Member Unleaded
    @Loore
    1. Is it true that there is no practice or qualifying in an on line race? If not, why?
    2. Is there any way to replay (in-game) an on line race? If not, why?
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    KazzyMac said:
    andmcq said:

I loved Grid 2 as well; not because it was trying to be serious but because it was just kinda nice and casual. Think I've done like 3,000 races on it.

Cars in GAS don't feel floaty to me - not any more floaty than they do in grid and grid 2. I had an absolute blast playing with the Camaro SS last night; the back end's so twitchy. Throttle control is so important on this game and I'm amazed I could get podium positions on Very Hard AI difficulty using a pad. Need to try with a wheel at some point. Perhaps at the weekend when my friends get it.
    same here I actually enjoy Grid 2 for the most part too the only issue I had with the game is the career mode is just too short. I like Grid 1 as well just found difficulty a little too high to really sink my teeth into it. This is why I made sure @Loore took notice of my comments too for feedback.  I felt that they needed to find a better balance for the hardcore racers and the more casual players this time. This was something I felt they failed to do with Grid 1 and  was a mistake repeated I think in F1 2013 it was still an awesome game just needed to be a little less hardcore on the lower settings. It certainly looks and sounds like they've struck a good balance. Haven't got my copy yet but it's on it's way so I'm pretty sure I'll know soon

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto