Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GRID Autosport Feedback

Comments

• KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    Goonertez said:
    Anyone else thinkin the audio levels are kinda skewed?

to be more specific, i  would like to hear my own engine much louder than i can seem to set it.

so i have engine level on 100, and all other levels at 50 [which seems to be min for all except speech]

Yet im still struggling to hear my own revs over the exhaust of the guy 5 car lengths infront!

Ive played with dynamic range and system eq, but neither help the issue.

apart from that, its been pretty painless so far.

I saw an option in the settings for an AI audio setting, can't remember which menu it's in but it can be changed from high to medium, low, etc. might solve the problem for you.
  • V12POWERV12POWER Member New Car Smell
    KazzyMac said:
    Goonertez said:

to be more specific, i  would like to hear my own engine much louder than i can seem to set it.

so i have engine level on 100, and all other levels at 50 [which seems to be min for all except speech]

Yet im still struggling to hear my own revs over the exhaust of the guy 5 car lengths infront!

I saw an option in the settings for an AI audio setting, can't remember which menu it's in but it can be changed from high to medium, low, etc. might solve the problem for you.
    Can I make off throttle sounds sound louder? 
  • GoonertezGoonertez Member Unleaded
    cool, ill take a look thx man.
    ******Gotta spare mask there McRoss...startin to choke a bit here*******
    nah, that didnt seem to work 8(
    game dosent seem to be alt+tab friendly.
  • MaXKiLLzMaXKiLLz Member New Car Smell
    Goonertez said:
    The framerate tanks if you Alt-Tab.  Only way to fix it is to quit and restart the game.  8-|
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    Goonertez said:

Yes I kept thinking the ai was behind me but when I look they are way back, they are a bit loud, my alt enter goes to window and back. 
  • GunDriverGunDriver Member New Car Smell
    Well I wish I could say that I am impressed. I was excited when the game was announced because I have not yet made the investment for an Xbox One and was really Jonesing for some Forza 5. I didn't expect Grid Autosport to have all of the adjust-ability of the Forza games but I was expecting alot more than I got! Especially considering the fact that the game had Open Wheel Racing. I assumed that with all of the adjust-ability of the Formula One games, that Open Wheel would be similar. Boy was I wrong!

The game thus far has been underwhelming and I am extremely let down by it. There is very little to adjust on the cars. Especially in the lower classes. The controls heavily favor controllers. I literally had to put my steering wheel away and use an Xbox controller to get around. What makes it worse is that there are absolutely no adjustments for the controllers, so there is no way to take the dead zones out of the steering wheels, so they are essentially useless.  For those of us that use the Drivers line as a learning tool, the Drivers line is nearly impossible to see on most of the tracks. Adjusting the Gamma helps a little but go to a street course and you're screwed.

I honestly do not like the ranking system either. It is almost as if the developers are punishing the players for using assists. I am sorry but it shouldn't take 6 races to get from level one to level two.  I still have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that you can purchase upgrades for your cars and create your own liveries. I saw it said somewhere that you could but I have yet to see it and I have turned the game upside down looking for it.

Honestly, this is one game that will end up getting traded back in, in a couple days. Codemasters dropped the ball if you asked me.

• SpeedballSpeedball Member New Car Smell

RobertKNL said:
    at a certain point my engineer told me my gearbox was starting to malfunction, later on it looked bad and finally (on the last lap) he said the gearbox was pretty much done for. Since I'm driving automatic I didnt't notice ANY difference,
    I've had this happen as well. I am also using automatic transmission.
    my gearbox has been fine and im manual...and because of the poor sound, im very prone to over-rev at this time.

yes i have damage on full....so this aint makin much sense.

patch the sound codies!

I have another small issue relating to key binding.

so i use a g27 wheel along with the pedals, but i dont use the shifter...its up in the  loft the useless pos that it is.

anywa, i tell GAS that im using g27, i customise certain actions and go racing, go through some menus yaddayadda.

Now some menu selections are mapped to g27 buttons that i dont have....theyre on the absent shifter.

I want to re-map these keys to my keyboard....did it in grid....grid2 and other games.

either i havent found the right place in GAS options to do this re-mapping...or its missing from the game.

lil help?

ps...hope yall havin fun 8D
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    Something I feel needs to be adjusted, since we lack working mirrors, is the arrows that indicate AI cars. For some reason they fade when a car is next to you. Usually when it's positioned so you can't see it looking forward or backwards lol. The Arrows need to remain as long as the AI car's are around you, or at least until they get a half car in front of you. I've had a few incidents where I didn't realize the AI was there until we made contact lol.
  • P308RP308R Member Pit Crew
    @Loore Why is there an Alfa Romeo Giulietta when you fill up the online AI within the hothatches cup. You can't buy this car in the garage?
    | TOCA | CMR | TOCA2 | CMR 2.0 | TOCA WTC | TOCA RACE DRIVER | DTM RACEDRIVER 2 | CMR 4 | DTM RACEDRIVER 3 | DIRT | GRID | F1 2010 | F1 2012 | GRID AS | DIRT RALLY | DIRT4 | F1 2018

• SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2014
    OMG!

Myself and Miatakias went for a short spin online, we ended up in San Francisco reversed, this was the first time I'd even tried it reversed and boy ohhh boy what a track!

1st lap top of the hill, the run down went summat like this....

rrrooooaAAARR! "oh s**t!" BADUMF! RWAAARRRRR! "SWEEET J***s!" BADUMF! RAAAAAAAAGGHHHH"  "WHEEEEEEEEEEE!" BADUMMMFFFF then laughing so hard I nearly wet myself for the rest of the lap till the next try!

It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    Goonertez said:
    I have another small issue relating to key binding.

so i use a g27 wheel along with the pedals, but i dont use the shifter...its up in the  loft the useless pos that it is.

anywa, i tell GAS that im using g27, i customise certain actions and go racing, go through some menus yaddayadda.

Now some menu selections are mapped to g27 buttons that i dont have....theyre on the absent shifter.

I want to re-map these keys to my keyboard....did it in grid....grid2 and other games.

either i havent found the right place in GAS options to do this re-mapping...or its missing from the game.

lil help?

ps...hope yall havin fun 8D
    Yess ! thats it..  thats why I also cant find those keys lol, the GUI menu selector buttons need to be remappable.. And to make it worse I remap all my wheel buttons to views and handbrake so none of them do GUI stuff, only the gear paddles go left and right through some menus.
    Biig fun :)
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    If you have a keyboard plugged in along with your wheel, the keyboard should still function for all the GUI stuff. So ESC to pause/go back, ENTER to select, arrow keys for navigation, F1/F2 correspond to what would be the 'X' and 'Y' buttons on a 360 controller.

Definitely hear what you're saying, that you'd like to be able to see these and remap them on keyboard while your wheels are plugged in. But hopefully if you're struggling with functionality that will help you out a bit! :)
    Senior Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • P308RP308R Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2014
    @britpoint @Loore

Is there a possibillity that the chasecam can be fixed in a patch? The view is too low on both views and it would be nice if both were raised so that you can actually look beyond the rear bumper :D

| TOCA | CMR | TOCA2 | CMR 2.0 | TOCA WTC | TOCA RACE DRIVER | DTM RACEDRIVER 2 | CMR 4 | DTM RACEDRIVER 3 | DIRT | GRID | F1 2010 | F1 2012 | GRID AS | DIRT RALLY | DIRT4 | F1 2018

• HirschieHirschie Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    no, its the same like grid 2

trick: you must go with your mouse into the small window and then press alt+enter ! back to game fullscreen without fps drops...;-)

MaXKiLLz said:
    Goonertez said:
    The framerate tanks if you Alt-Tab.  Only way to fix it is to quit and restart the game.  8-|

• gorgor Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014

thx Loore  ^:)^

however ill upgrade my wreak if no change in my plan :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Text Chat ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Online Without FlashCheatBack ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Back Grid 1 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 
  • MarkVenomMarkVenom Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    RTA said:
    Too much negativity towards Autosport so far from what I've seen. I personally think this game is great. Absolutely loving the Touring side of it. Having a blast on my PS3 with my G27 wheel. 
    yeah I've not played the game yet so can't speak from first hand experience but I think some of it's been a little unnecessary given the short turnaround CM have had to create this game.
    Is that so? Grid2 was a blunder of a game. Drove nice enough but the game around it was almost non-existent. Not what was expected. Now they "fix" it and charge owners of Grid2 again AAA dollars? I find this ludicrous and wrong. I maybe buy F1 2014 but only if I get a PROPER 14-day trial demo that is unlocked. If not - no cash from me. And Grid-Autosport I will give a miss because of the above reasons. I find CM really unethical. Only topped by EA tbh.