Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GRID Autosport Feedback

Comments

• HOLYxROLLERxHOLYxROLLERx Member New Car Smell
    I'd like seconds on the low chase cam. Quite noticeable on the mini, needs raising a bit. I'd like a quit option in the pre race set up menu, it's a long wait if you don't want to play that track or game mode & can't quit till the pause menu. I'm not keen on the menu music. Good racing though, it was nice to be back on some of the old, good tracks. The new tracks tend to have to many slow corners.
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    Britpoint said:
    If you have a keyboard plugged in along with your wheel, the keyboard should still function for all the GUI stuff. So ESC to pause/go back, ENTER to select, arrow keys for navigation, F1/F2 correspond to what would be the 'X' and 'Y' buttons on a 360 controller.

Definitely hear what you're saying, that you'd like to be able to see these and remap them on keyboard while your wheels are plugged in. But hopefully if you're struggling with functionality that will help you out a bit! :)
    I have tried bashing random keys on the kb to find # 6, # 17, etc but no luck so far, enter and back does enough to play the game but it would be good to see deeper through some menu's.
    I'm at work atm so cant try but later Ill try every key on kb to see if there is some function.
  • bogieman987bogieman987 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    Very pretty game, but I have performance issues on my PC.
    Perhaps my GPU is getting old :/
    Although it's very inconsistent, one minute I have ~40fps, go round a turn, it drops down to like ~9fps.
    Would be nice to get that fleshed out soon, as it's really the only thing preventing me from playing as much as I would.
    (I'm somewhat a graphics ****, then again, polished turd, is still turd :/ (Not saying this game is **** though lol))

Overall gameplay is enjoyable, would like a the damage and flashbacks to resemble GRID 1 more and destruction derby would be fun. The thing I enjoyed most on GRID.
    Definitely an improvement from GRID 2.
    Post edited by bogieman987 on
  • SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    MarkVenom said:
    RTA said:
    Too much negativity towards Autosport so far from what I've seen. I personally think this game is great. Absolutely loving the Touring side of it. Having a blast on my PS3 with my G27 wheel. 
    yeah I've not played the game yet so can't speak from first hand experience but I think some of it's been a little unnecessary given the short turnaround CM have had to create this game.
    Is that so? Grid2 was a blunder of a game. Drove nice enough but the game around it was almost non-existent. Not what was expected. Now they "fix" it and charge owners of Grid2 again AAA dollars? I find this ludicrous and wrong. I maybe buy F1 2014 but only if I get a PROPER 14-day trial demo that is unlocked. If not - no cash from me. And Grid-Autosport I will give a miss because of the above reasons. I find CM really unethical. Only topped by EA tbh.
    The "Drove nice enough" comment says it all, Sorry but Grid 2 was utter pants, so was Dirt Showdown. CM tried a change of direction and it failed to take off..

We TOCA/GRID/CMR fans gave them such a had time over this that they actually listened to us and GAS is the response. When you ever heard of EA answering a question let alone fixing one? they leave that entirely to the community at large.....

Sorry but I give credit to the people who ARE willing to say "Sorry people we screwed the pooch on this, here's what you say you actually wanted". unlike EA's typical attitude of "How sad, to bad, we got your money and we're in the pub!".

As for AAA prices? GAS @ £26.99 if you own Grid 2 (£29.99 if not) plus £22.99 for all 8 DLC's a total of around £50. Now compare that to BF4 Premium £90+ (when I bought it now £69,98) with 5 DLC's? THAT'S ludicrous pricing.

So you think that the CM Staff shouldn't get paid for their efforts to create a new game? If it upsets you so badly vote with your wallet dude...
    It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Overall gameplay is enjoyable, would like a the damage and flashbacks to resemble GRID 1 more and destruction derby would be fun. The thing I enjoyed most on GRID.
    Demolition derby is already there.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • OctoberDusk06OctoberDusk06 Member Unleaded
    Loggy said:
    Goonertez said:
    I have another small issue relating to key binding.

so i use a g27 wheel along with the pedals, but i dont use the shifter...its up in the  loft the useless pos that it is.

anywa, i tell GAS that im using g27, i customise certain actions and go racing, go through some menus yaddayadda.

Now some menu selections are mapped to g27 buttons that i dont have....theyre on the absent shifter.

I want to re-map these keys to my keyboard....did it in grid....grid2 and other games.

either i havent found the right place in GAS options to do this re-mapping...or its missing from the game.

lil help?

ps...hope yall havin fun 8D
    Yess ! thats it..  thats why I also cant find those keys lol, the GUI menu selector buttons need to be remappable.. And to make it worse I remap all my wheel buttons to views and handbrake so none of them do GUI stuff, only the gear paddles go left and right through some menus.
    Biig fun :)
    Hey guys. Big discussion about this on Race Department. Try this tread -- http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/grid-autosport-logitech-g27-settings.89250/
  • WJYWJY Member New Car Smell
    Hi,could anyone tell me how to adjust deadzone in the game?
    thx
  • Bob422Bob422 Member New Car Smell
    WJY said:
    Hi,could anyone tell me how to adjust deadzone in the game?
    thx

What type of controller are you using (wheel/pad)? If you are using a gamepad, keyboard or joystick, you can't adjust anything! Only if you have a wheel that is supported does the advanced options become available. The only other way to adjust deadzone and saturation is to edit the xml file for your gamepad, but you still can't adjust linearity.
  • bogieman987bogieman987 Member New Car Smell
    Demolition derby is already there.
    lol Fail on my end then XD
  • BurBur Member New Car Smell
    Sorry but I hated this game. £39 for 10 mins then I deleted it. Cars have no feeling of being on the track at all. It's just arcade.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2014
    ahhahaa yooohoooo i got game and its amazing!:-O its better than i expected to be!  8-} 

This game has come directly from glory past of Codemasters! 

Its a combination of Toca 3 (handling - physics) and some disciplines like touring cars etc) , Grid 1 (modes derby , drift , city tracks , fast action etc) and Grid 2 only about graphics (hopefully) ;))
    Also interface (in online where to select cars , upgrades , liveries ), music it reminds me the old gran turismo games of ps1 which i loved them !:x
    And becuase the enemy of the good is the better , some things it could be better :

- Chase view could be a bit higher...sometimes you can not see the road well because of the car! (the option to adjust  camera's shaking is very wellcome) 
    - Cockpit view has poor graphics (we hope in modders for that) But if ever made this i only install such a mod if it is fully compatible for online and creates no problem (lower fpsetc)
    - City tracks should have night version as it would be easy to be added directly from Grid 2! 
    - Gamepad's settings ( to set dead zones , linirity etc)

That time i can not find other negative feature but in any case i can live with them...
    I dont want to be heard extreme but i feel like having the best racing game ever since 2007 i have got PC.
    I am gonna buy seaon pass too! 

Thank you so much Codemasters for this great game! =D>
  • ianmcukianmcuk Member New Car Smell
    Some quick constructive feedback here.

The second screen feature on the PC is excellent, but the map and markings for your and other cars on it aren't easy to see.  Can these be made bigger, and perhaps different colours, so it is easy to glance over while racing?

Thanks,
    Ian
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    MarkVenom said:
    RTA said:
    Too much negativity towards Autosport so far from what I've seen. I personally think this game is great. Absolutely loving the Touring side of it. Having a blast on my PS3 with my G27 wheel. 
    yeah I've not played the game yet so can't speak from first hand experience but I think some of it's been a little unnecessary given the short turnaround CM have had to create this game.
    Is that so? Grid2 was a blunder of a game. Drove nice enough but the game around it was almost non-existent. Not what was expected. Now they "fix" it and charge owners of Grid2 again AAA dollars? I find this ludicrous and wrong. I maybe buy F1 2014 but only if I get a PROPER 14-day trial demo that is unlocked. If not - no cash from me. And Grid-Autosport I will give a miss because of the above reasons. I find CM really unethical. Only topped by EA tbh.
    The "Drove nice enough" comment says it all, Sorry but Grid 2 was utter pants, so was Dirt Showdown. CM tried a change of direction and it failed to take off..

We TOCA/GRID/CMR fans gave them such a had time over this that they actually listened to us and GAS is the response. When you ever heard of EA answering a question let alone fixing one? they leave that entirely to the community at large.....

Sorry but I give credit to the people who ARE willing to say "Sorry people we screwed the pooch on this, here's what you say you actually wanted". unlike EA's typical attitude of "How sad, to bad, we got your money and we're in the pub!".

As for AAA prices? GAS @ £26.99 if you own Grid 2 (£29.99 if not) plus £22.99 for all 8 DLC's a total of around £50. Now compare that to BF4 Premium £90+ (when I bought it now £69,98) with 5 DLC's? THAT'S ludicrous pricing.

So you think that the CM Staff shouldn't get paid for their efforts to create a new game? If it upsets you so badly vote with your wallet dude...
    Yeah Grid 2 was nothing more than a glorified NFS game without the police chases really.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• LooreLoore Member Champion
    RobertKNL said:
    @Loore I've been through 7 carreer races (all with Razer and Touring car races), and every race, my engineer tells me my gearbox is shot (near the end of the race), but I'm driving with automatic gears. Meanwhile I don't notice any difference. Is this a glitch?
    That's odd, I've not come across that one before. What format are you playing on? 
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    RobertKNL said:
    Has anybody seen any of the Black Edition content yet, by the way? I believe I saw Ravenwests white livery during a custom cup (not sure), but that is about it. Obviously it is difficult to spot the 20 additional sponsor objectives if you don't know how much sponsor objectives there were in the first place, and I don't know whether the SLS Black Edition makes an appearance in the Career mode, or is only available in custom cup/multiplayer. 
    I didn't pre-order for the Black Edition content (I just wanted to play this game as soon as possible), so it doesn't matter that much, but still, has anybody seen the SLS Black?
    The SLS black is in the game somewhere in the Street class. I think in Grand Tourers or something.

I don't know which online sponsors are for the Black Edition either but I did work out that the extra liveries are 20 of the liveries from Grid 1 (including my favourite! <3).

... It's also a lot easier to get money than I expected it to be. Got $150,000 in-game already from just doing touring races. Close to buying my first touring car (honda civic)!. And then I'll get the Presteza-14 because that thing's sweet. :)
  • CobiBoyCobiBoy Member New Car Smell
    Single Player (open wheel) Qualify 

Keyboard lost and car control freez! Car not respond! 
    //What's this??// Bug?!
    Other Games okay, usb hub okay, usb connection okay! 

Random..
  • Workhorse9696Workhorse9696 Member Unleaded
    MarkVenom said:
    RTA said:

Yeah Grid 2 was nothing more than a glorified NFS game without the police chases really.
    Grid 2's handling model apart from the 'faster to drift through corners mechanics' was still in a different league to any NFS game I've ever played. Dirt Showdown would be a better comparison.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    MarkVenom said:
    RTA said:

Grid 2's handling model apart from the 'faster to drift through corners mechanics' was still in a different league to any NFS game I've ever played. Dirt Showdown would be a better comparison.
    well I haven't played Dirt Showdown but I have played a number of NFS games

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    I love it, just wanted to let you know that I think the reflection into the windscreen is a nice touch :) Hoping for more detail for the rest of the cockpit view as well :)

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • gorgor Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    Loore said:
    It could be a driver issues for the GPU if it hasn't been updated for 2 years. In this case I'd suggest you talk to our support team custserv@codemasters.com and they'll be able to help you out.
    Investigation.
    Low resolution, 60+/-fps, lowest settings (Video)
    I have 70% CPU usage, 0-20% GPU usage, 1GB RAM usage, so game does not use hardware for full.
    The more you play, the more freezes and fps drop in main menu you have. From 100fps to 10fps. After 1st race main menu fps drop to 50.

Post edited by gor on
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Text Chat ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Online Without FlashCheatBack ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Back Grid 1 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ