Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Who do you think will become the 2014 Formula 1 constructors champion?

DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
edited April 2014 in World of Motorsport

Who do you think will become the 2014 Formula 1 constructors champion? 21 votes

Red Bull
4% 1 vote
McLaren
0% 0 votes
Mercedes
95% 20 votes
Ferrari
0% 0 votes
Williams
0% 0 votes
I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).

Comments

• whitmarsh2whitmarsh2 Member Wheel Nut
    It looks to be Mercedes. I cannot see much getting past them. The traction circuits are theirs with their engine. They don't seem to be going wrong at many other places either.
    I run the European side of PRL! Feel free to sign up here!
  • IcemanFan7IcemanFan7 Member Unleaded
    The way they've been running now, you'd be hard pressed to find me saying anyone other than Mercedes. If they keep up their pace from the first 3 GPs, and no one else catches up, it's theirs to lose.

But, you'd also be hard pressed to find me counting out Red Bull, simply because of their magic the last few years. Adrian Newey is gonna find something to get those Red Bulls on track, right? Even though, they seem to not be as far off , especially with Ricciardo and the way he has ran at Melbourne and Bahrain.

TL;DR- Mercedes with a dark horse of Red Bull.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Don't count Red bull out just yet.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Barring a complete meltdown, it's looking pretty good for Mercedes at the moment. 67 point lead (over Force India?!?!) after 3 races? Yeah, it's looking pretty solid that Mercedes has this :)
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Liam12dLiam12d Member Wheel Nut
    Mercedes definitely. By the time somebody caches them up (if somebody actually does) it'll be too late and they would have already won the championship or very close to winning it. Qualifying looks like it will be closer as we proceed into the season based on Ricciardo's performance in Bahrain, but Mercedes look untouchable in the race as witnessed in gaining 20+ seconds in just 10 laps a the end of the Bahrain GP. Of course you can't rule out Red bull, but in this stage of the season it looks like Mercs' year.
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Com'n Lewis!!!
    R.I.P. Jules Bianchi 1989 - 2015 #KeepFightingMichael  

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    The way they've been running now, you'd be hard pressed to find me saying anyone other than Mercedes. If they keep up their pace from the first 3 GPs, and no one else catches up, it's theirs to lose.

But, you'd also be hard pressed to find me counting out Red Bull, simply because of their magic the last few years. Adrian Newey is gonna find something to get those Red Bulls on track, right? Even though, they seem to not be as far off , especially with Ricciardo and the way he has ran at Melbourne and Bahrain.

TL;DR- Mercedes with a dark horse of Red Bull.
    That sounds about right man. I think that Red Bull is going to bite down hard near the middle of the season, even if they don't win next season they will be more used to the car.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Where's the Marussia option? Clearly with M4X finishing every race and getting the best results of his career, no other team can stand up to them.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    Where's the Marussia option? Clearly with M4X finishing every race and getting the best results of his career, no other team can stand up to them.
    OH NO! I completely forgot about him! Thank you.
    =))
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Easy guss for me personally, Mercedes will walk it.

I also don't buy the "Mercedes is only better due to their engine"-stuff, clearly, a better engine alone doesn't give you a 2second-advantage to the rest of the field. They have the best engine AND the best chassis atm. And I'm fully confident that they'll stay on top until the end of the season with this kind of advantage. Though it will be interesting to see how much RB can catch up. Knowing their approach to F1, they will give everything they have and possibly a bit more.

Shame about Alonso not being rewarded once again for being the best package on the grid, but Ferrari are becoming more and more of a joke. Painful, even though I don't support neither him nor them.
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    I think at this moment you would have to be slightly mad to vote against the Mercs. However, we're only 3 races into the season and you should never count Red Bull out so all this "Mercedes will dominate the season RB style" seems a bit premature if you ask me. 
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Liam12d said:
    Mercedes look untouchable in the race as witnessed in gaining 20+ seconds in just 10 laps a the end of the Bahrain GP. 
    Yes- for the first time this year they were pushing flat out for a sustained period of time and their pace advantage was scary- even when they were losing time battling each other! Enough to make 2011- or late-2013-Red Bull look ordinary.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    I think you will find that both of them may take each other out a few times during this season.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• Liam12dLiam12d Member Wheel Nut
    I think you will find that both of them may take each other out a few times during this season.
    That may happen, or is almost guaranteed to happen if based on what happened yesterday. They were lucky there was run off's at Bahrain, other circuits won't be as kind, oh and obviously Monaco. But the skill of these two drivers will hopefully not allow that to happen any time soon. *crosses fingers* ;)
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Com'n Lewis!!!
    R.I.P. Jules Bianchi 1989 - 2015 #KeepFightingMichael