Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Share Your Wheel Settings Here

Comments

• LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    G27 pc, rotation 190, all default no deazones feels good for me, reduced all ffb to less than 50. Feels just like my car :)
    Post edited by Loggy on
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Unleaded
    @Loore Can you post an explanation of what those settings actually do? Like Saturation and Linearity, I've never had a clear understanding of what they mean. I just tweak them one way and if it feels worse I tweak them the other way. It would be nice for future games if you can add a description of each setting in-game, that would really help.
  • KazzyMacKazzyMac Member Unleaded
    Awong124 said:
    @Loore Can you post an explanation of what those settings actually do? Like Saturation and Linearity, I've never had a clear understanding of what they mean. I just tweak them one way and if it feels worse I tweak them the other way. It would be nice for future games if you can add a description of each setting in-game, that would really help.
    I asked this earlier in the thread and I got ignored. I'd like to know too.
  • xGabe62xxGabe62x Member New Car Smell
    Linearity is like mouse acceleration - the further yo turn the wheel, the faster it increases... as it were.

!:! is what is what many peeps like, but increasing it makes the sensitivity around the centre lower (and thus easier to control at high speed), and higher when the wheel is turned toards full lock. [It may be the other way around, and some games get them around the wrong way too !]

Sensitivty is just that... higher settings (lower Degree settings) are more sensitive and turn the wheels more for any amount of input. So, 220 degrees gives much more steering input, than a setting of 900 degrees. for Drifting you want a low setting.

Damping should not be used or spring strength, unless the games settings are really rubbish, as this overrides the game settings to create a "false" feedback.

The help manual for the logitech profiler explains everything pretty well.

The settings for the G27 above here, are not to be used imo !!! Damping and Spring Strength should be both at Zero.

• eastcoast27eastcoast27 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
  • NickDahyNickDahy Member Pit Crew

Damping should not be used or spring strength, unless the games settings are really rubbish, as this overrides the game settings to create a "false" feedback.

The help manual for the logitech profiler explains everything pretty well.

The settings for the G27 above here, are not to be used imo !!! Damping and Spring Strength should be both at Zero.

Agreed!!

(I only set overall effects for mine)
  • gigiotto59gigiotto59 Member New Car Smell
    Logitech G27, PS3,  I did not change default settings, just not sure about linearity, I have 0, but keep trying if need to be changed. About FBB I have 70, 100, 50.
  • flowaangelzflowaangelz Member Wheel Nut

Driving force pro:

- In game settings i have always 0 or 100, except for braking deadzone (10%).

- FFB all 50%.

- logitech profiler - 200 degrees.

• MMDCTMMDCT Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    SOLVED - Using my wheel instead of my keyboard to start the game solves this problem. Codemasters support responded almost immediately. Good to go. ------------------------ For Autosport on the PC, my G27 wheel settings are not saved.  I have to choose a wheel and settings every time I use the game.  (My F1 2013 game remembers the settings.)

Does anyone have this issue or know a solution?  I also sent a note to Codemaster support but have not heard from them yet.

Cheers,

MMDCT
    Post edited by MMDCT on
    Cheers,

MMDCT
  • ThorinburThorinbur Member New Car Smell
    G27

Profiler:
    Overal effects 100%
    rest: 0%

Degress of rotation: 404

(
    I highly recomend 400 degres of rotation!

It is a setting that is on rally cars and i think it is great in track racing games. Obviously for open wheel i would tone it down to about 220. But what 400 does for touring cars and endurance racing is allows you to feel car much better and lets front tires operate at optimal angles. When you turn front tires too much they won't have enought traction to turn so they essentially slide. You are still turning but have much less controll and you are wearing your tires much faster.

Basicly if you hear your tires screeching every corner, you are turning way too much. I very rarely go anywhere near steering lock taking both fast, full throttle turns and hairpins with less then 100 degrees on my wheel! Most of the time keeping it withing 50 degress. Only time I am getting to the lock is when countersteering massive slides.

In game
    Vibration Strenght: 40
    Wheel Strenght: 70
    Wheel weight 10-20 (still deciding)

Original settings made my G27 quite heavy to the point it was close to real car. I didn't even know that G27 was capable of such strong feedback :) But i preffer to feel trought the weel what my car is doing and you can't realy do that if your wheel motors are operating at full strenght. It basicly clips feedback information so I have it quite low. 

BTW it is still heavy enought that my left arm is sore after whole day session :)
  • TenderSurrenderTenderSurrender Member New Car Smell
    What exactly is that "Vibration Strength" for ?? Make the wheel vibrate more ?? In what situation ?? Thanx first.
  • flowaangelzflowaangelz Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 2014
    Thorinbur said:
    I highly recomend 400 degres of rotation!

It is a setting that is on rally cars and i think it is great in track racing games. Obviously for open wheel i would tone it down to about 220. But what 400 does for touring cars and endurance racing is allows you to feel car much better and lets front tires operate at optimal angles. When you turn front tires too much they won't have enought traction to turn so they essentially slide. You are still turning but have much less controll and you are wearing your tires much faster.

Basicly if you hear your tires screeching every corner, you are turning way too much. I very rarely go anywhere near steering lock taking both fast, full throttle turns and hairpins with less then 100 degrees on my wheel! Most of the time keeping it withing 50 degress. Only time I am getting to the lock is when countersteering massive slides.

Wisely said. I'll try 400 then.

;)

• ThorinburThorinbur Member New Car Smell
    I dropped it from 400 to 360 lately when I moved on to Endurance and Aston Martin. It is car and class specific. Luckily you can just minimise, change your setting and alt + Enter the game to full screen :)
  • andayaandaya Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    Logitech G27 and PS3; Factory Settings except the steer strength wich sometimes i lower to 80% or even less in drift events.

Since many time ago i use to the factory settings after touching controls a lot in Grid 2, F1, etc...In Grid 2 sometimes i have to use a 10 or 20% dead zone for the accelerator (gas pedal) but finally i always return to the most averages settings; i suposse i´m used to CM games and maybe not deserve for everybody, obviously, but i repeat that i was touching A LOT in the past years and at the end is always the same except little tweak for some special races but no more.

IMO in Autosport i found the best and smooth response of all the CM games, realistic and predictable, as it should be. Clutch response very good and quick in G27.

For DFGT wich i had in the past i´m pretty sure that factory settings are not very usable, at least a dead zone in the gas pedal is needed because of the nature of pedals in this model, very plastic feel and no opossed force in yor feet. The wheel is similar to G27 but for me is harder and the FF is more "powered" so i need to lower down all the FF sttings a 20% or so.

(degrees are not selectable in PS3 so i can´t suggest anything,

Salute.
    Post edited by andaya on
    Aaron Westley is a cheater.

Drift Or Die [DOD] Team. PS3. "Rock or Bust"
    I mean Wheel Strength instead of Sterr, in the FF section; sorry my mistake.

edited June 2014
    MMDCT said:
    For Autosport on the PC, my G27 wheel settings are not saved.  I have to choose a wheel and settings every time I use the game.  (My F1 2013 game remembers the settings.)

Does anyone have this issue or know a solution?  I also sent a note to Codemaster support but have not heard from them yet.

Cheers,

MMDCT
    In PS3 what i lost is the buttons assignements but not the wheel settings as FF and the other parametres. If i play around between the wheel and the controller i lost buttons asigmts whe i connect one of both (in my case buttons settings are not factory defalut).

This happens me in Grid 2 and F1 2013;is not frustrating but an issue that can be fixed. (i remember only two times i´ve lost all the parameters and settings but not for now in Autosport)

Salute.

• Rastafari87Rastafari87 Member New Car Smell
    Logitech driving force gt  settings pls
    logitech profile and game.
  • RWBSUPERCHARGERRWBSUPERCHARGER Member Unleaded
    G25 PC, profiler, 180 degree rotation, 100% Overall, 0% spring/damper, return spring on with 0%, do not allow game to change settings.

In game 60/70/60, saturation 100%, 0 linearity 

Quite weighty but feedback effects really come through, the kerbs feel like they are real!
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    I have since reduced my sen to 280. Much more responsive.
  • TheKazzyMacTheKazzyMac Member Wheel Nut
    Finally got round to playing with a wheel on the game tonight.

Very fun! Didn't have to change anything except I lowered the vibration strength from 100 to 50 because of my bony t-rex arms :x (and my flimsy desk).

Feel much more in control of the car than with a pad ... but still not experienced enough to go faster. Def. need a better desk for racing on.

... Also why do I have two accounts ergh whatever.
    i7 3930K @ 4.2Ghz || Corsair h80 cooling || 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400Mhz || 2GB GDDR5 PNY nVidia GTX660 XLR8 edition || 240GB Kingston Hyper-X 3K || Logitech G27 & Xbox One Controller || 27" Asus VS278Q 1ms response gaming monitor