Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Share Your Wheel Settings Here

Comments

• fanticUAfanticUA Member New Car Smell
    Xbox 360
    Fanatec CSR firmware 756
    my setting

In-game settings
    Stearing Deadzone 5%
    Stearing Saturation 100%
    Stearing Linearity 1
    Throttle Deadzone 20%
    Throttle Saturation 100%
    Brake Deadzone 20%
    Brake Saturation 100%

Vibration Strength 10%
    Wheel Strength 100%
    Wheel weight 100%

On the wheel settings
    Sensitivity (SEn): 370
    Force feedback strength (FF): 80 (or 70)
    Vibration strength (Sho): 80 (or 70)
    Drift mode (dri): Off
    ABS: 100
    Linearity (Lin): 0
    Deadzone (dEA): 0
    Spring (SPr): 1
    Damper (dPr): -3 (or -2)

• OctoberDusk06OctoberDusk06 Member Unleaded
    Xbox 360
    Fanatec CSR firmware 706

In-game settings
    Stearing Deadzone 0%
    Stearing Saturation 100%
    Stearing Linearity +7
    Throttle Deadzone 0%
    Throttle Saturation 100%
    Brake Deadzone 15%
    Brake Saturation 100%

Vibration Strength 100%
    Wheel Strength 90%
    Wheel weight 80%

Wheel Settings (OPEN WHEEL)
    Sensitivity (SEn): 800
    Force feedback strength (FF): 100
    Vibration strength (Sho): 100
    Drift mode (dri): 1
    ABS: 75
    Linearity (Lin): 10
    Spring (SPr): 3
    Damper (dPr): 3

Wheel Settings (NON OPEN WHEEL)
    Sensitivity (SEn): 900
    Force feedback strength (FF): 100
    Drift mode (dri): 2
    Linearity (Lin): 10
    Spring (SPr): 3
    Damper (dPr): 3
  • MarkVenomMarkVenom Member Unleaded
    Fanatec CSR with Fanatec CSR standard pedals....

Steering Sat, Brake Sat, Throttle Sat, all 100%.
    Linearity, Deadzone, and Brake Sat. all 0%
    Brake Deadzone at 5-10%

I believe I answered you in the other thread o.o but incase it was someone else 

Wheel :
    Sen : 340 (Edit : Changed this to my standard F1 setup at 280)
    FF : 70
    Sho : 70
    Dri : 005
    ABS : 52 (this needs tweaking)
    Lin : 000
    Dea : 010
    SPR : -1
    DPR : -4

They are the settings I use at Monaco on F1 2012

Game :
    Deadzone : 0%
    Steering Sat : 100%
    Steering Lin : -4
    Everything else default

Force feedback :

Vibration : 50% (Default)
    Wheel strength 100% (default)
    Wheel weight 30%

I'm using elite pedals though. I need to tweak my brake saturation a bit, so I don't have to adjust my pedal resistance. (It's currently perfect for Forza 4)

I was actually surprised that these settings worked as well as they did. But I've had fun with it like this.

Completely wrong approach! ALWAYS set ingame FFB strength as low as possible and max out on the wheel itself to have best fidelity. Drift 5 shows me that your settings ingame are too high. Those settings suffer from clipping badly. If you encvounter too much friction set Wheel weight to 10% if need be and drift to MAYBE 1-2. Its a matter of taste but I would try it. THere is a very interesting thread on the iRacing forums with regards to Fanatec hardware you should read. Don't havew a link for you but go and do a search for 'FFB dialling in'. Not that 'dialling in' is an option for GA but the basics are wonderfully presented in terms anyone can understand.

• MarkVenomMarkVenom Member Unleaded
    Loore said:
    @Loore, do codemasters have recomended in game settings? i am not that good at setting up my wheel in games.
    The default settings in game should be a great place to start. From there I'd just tweak little bits and pieces to get it feeling just right for you.
    Sorry Loore. I totally disagree. Clearly goes to show that your dev team should work more with hardware manufacturers like Fanatec. I do not believe the guys from Landshut are happy with your FFB support in games. OFC you would not get that confirmed officially.

As stated in above post-to get top fidelity on Fanatec equipment have wheel settings set to a STR value of 100. Ingame I use(and everybody should to get the most out of the kit)in any of your games between 10-30% FFB strength. If you like I can deliver CLEAR and almost scientific proof, but I think you guys should do this homework and not the player especially since you charge a top dollar for a game that should have been an expansion of Grid2. It's nothing more anyways.
  • BigamoBigamo Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2014
    This game don't have force feedback, why lose time?
    Post edited by Bigamo on
    New Settings:

In-game settings
    Stearing Deadzone 5%
    Stearing Saturation 100%
    Stearing Linearity +1
    Throttle Deadzone 5%
    Throttle Saturation 100%
    Brake Deadzone 15%
    Brake Saturation 100%

FF:
    Vibration Strength 100%
    Wheel Strength 100%
    Wheel weight 100%

On the wheel settings
    NON OPEN WHEEL:
    Sensitivity (SEn): 380
    Force feedback strength (FF): 80
    Drift mode (dri): off
    Deadzone (dEA): 000
    Spring (SPr): 2
    Damper (dPr): -3

OPEN WHEEL:
    Sensitivity (SEn): 280
    Spring (SPr): 1
    Damper (dPr): -2
  • joepineapplesjoepineapples Member Pit Crew
    edited July 2014
    PC / Logitech DFGT

Copied the 'devicesetup.xml' & 'effectsetup.xml' from Grid 2/forcefeedback foler over respective files in Autosport.  This gives me a smoother wheel turn than the gravely feel I got with the original files.

Reducing the wheel weight to 10% was a revelation.  Now I can feel the subtle slip effects that are there.  Though still not perfect. a lot better than before.

support your pc - buy the game
  • Trux74Trux74 Member Unleaded
    edited July 2014
    My Logitech DFGT Settings for PC

MarkVenom said:
    Loore said:
    @Loore, do codemasters have recomended in game settings? i am not that good at setting up my wheel in games.
    The default settings in game should be a great place to start. From there I'd just tweak little bits and pieces to get it feeling just right for you.
    Sorry Loore. I totally disagree. Clearly goes to show that your dev team should work more with hardware manufacturers like Fanatec. I do not believe the guys from Landshut are happy with your FFB support in games. OFC you would not get that confirmed officially.

As stated in above post-to get top fidelity on Fanatec equipment have wheel settings set to a STR value of 100. Ingame I use(and everybody should to get the most out of the kit)in any of your games between 10-30% FFB strength. If you like I can deliver CLEAR and almost scientific proof, but I think you guys should do this homework and not the player especially since you charge a top dollar for a game that should have been an expansion of Grid2. It's nothing more anyways.

A expansion of grid 2 removing the force feedback you mean, right? this game DON'T HAVE ANY force feedback. 
    MarkVenom said:
    Loore said:

Just one correction.

If this game was a expansion at least it would have the grid 2 AWESOME force feedback. 

But this game have NO FORCE FEEDBACK AT ALL. Not even a single line about it. NOTHING. You need to see that your car are losing traction with ANY FEEDBACK at all. 

And i pre ordered a game without force feedback in 2014!!! LOL stupid me!!! Since it was in grid 2 and grid 2 had a GREAT force feedback it dont even passed in my mind they would simply remove it... omg... If being regretful killed someone i would be dead by now! 
  • Chris187Chris187 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2014

Bigamo said:

But this game have NO FORCE FEEDBACK AT ALL. Not even a single line about it. NOTHING. You need to see that your car are losing traction with ANY FEEDBACK at all. 

And i pre ordered a game without force feedback in 2014!!! LOL stupid me!!! Since it was in grid 2 and grid 2 had a GREAT force feedback it dont even passed in my mind they would simply remove it... omg... If being regretful killed someone i would be dead by now! 
    Got to agree, I don't believe there is any real force feedback in this game, so disapointed  . 
    @ Loore how about letting people know once and for all. Is there real force feedback in this game or not? or is it just a rumble effect inhanced by using the wheels software fake effects.
  • Hammerpgh62Hammerpgh62 Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 2014
    An of you out there with the Microsoft xbox wireless wheel? The one that's mentioned in the game specifically.

Can you share what you have done to optimize your handling? Is it just default or different changes?
    I'm on the Official Microsoft Wireless Wheel and my settings currently are : 

In Game Force Feedback: 
    All at default at the moment.
    Environ: 50% 
    Wheel resist: 100%
    Weight: 50% 

In Game Advanced Wheel: 
     Steering Deadz: 0 
     Steering Sat: 100 
     Linearity: -1 
     Brake Deadz: 0 
     Brake Sat: 100 
     Accellerat Dead: 0 
     Accelerat Sat: 100 

I've really not played around with them to much yet but linearity seems to be the one that had the biggest impact to me so far. The deadzones really need to be in smaller increments as 5% is just too big a step in my opinion. I would probably set it at around 2% if I could. Will update as and when I find something better. 

Apologies for the poor formatting but this site is possibly the worst I've come across for using with a mobile phone. None of the formatting I see as I'm typing is retained when I post it!!

Edited on the PC now so hopefully thats better.
    Post edited by Hammerpgh62 on
  • TurdhatTurdhat Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2014
    I have to say that using the effectsetup.xml from Grid 2 as someone else in the thread stated greatly improved the road feeling. There was a gravely feeling in the vibration effects. Now it feels more rubber to the road in my wheel at least. Fanatec Gt2. If anyone needs the file pm me your email addy.
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    edited July 2014
    MarkVenom said:

Completely wrong approach! ALWAYS set ingame FFB strength as low as possible and max out on the wheel itself to have best fidelity. Drift 5 shows me that your settings ingame are too high. Those settings suffer from clipping badly. If you encvounter too much friction set Wheel weight to 10% if need be and drift to MAYBE 1-2. Its a matter of taste but I would try it. THere is a very interesting thread on the iRacing forums with regards to Fanatec hardware you should read. Don't havew a link for you but go and do a search for 'FFB dialling in'. Not that 'dialling in' is an option for GA but the basics are wonderfully presented in terms anyone can understand.

I've had people tell me that before, but I got tired of having to tweak every game, because I play a variety of racing games, that I just got annoyed and found a neutral setting I like. I also like the wheel to be very light. But, I'll have a look later on and maybe I'll stop being lazy and retweak. Though I'm not changing my settings for F1, it took me long enough to get used to that game and get to where I wasn't dissapointed with myself as is :P lol

BTW on my forza setting, my "drift" is only set to 1 or 2. F1 runs best with a high drift setting.
    edited July 2014
    Fanatec CSR, Non-Elite Wheel or pedals
    Firmware 706
    Latest Settings:

In-game settings
    Steering Deadzone 0%
    Steering Saturation 100%
    Steering Linearity +1
    Throttle Deadzone 5%
    Throttle Saturation 100%
    Brake Deadzone 15%
    Brake Saturation 100%

FF:
    Vibration Strength 100%
    Wheel Strength 100%
    Wheel weight 80%

On the wheel settings
    NON OPEN WHEEL:
    Sensitivity (SEn): 380
    Damper (dPr): 2

OPEN WHEEL:
    Sensitivity (SEn): 280
    Drift mode (dri): 1
    Linearity (Lin): 000
    Deadzone (dEA): 010
    Damper (dPr): 2

Post edited by OctoberDusk06 on
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    So I'm not the only one who turns the wheels FF down at least :P
  • langoorjilangoorji Member New Car Smell
    The best setting I could come up for smoother steering and eliminating center dead zone feeling of dual force feedback motors of G27. Thanks to joepineapples the tip on using xml.

• drinkwaterx4drinkwaterx4 Member New Car Smell
    An of you out there with the Microsoft xbox wireless wheel? The one that's mentioned in the game specifically.

Can you share what you have done to optimize your handling? Is it just default or different changes?
    I have a M/S V2 wheel which I got way back to play Forza 2.  Never could get used to it. Just found it and hooked it up - WOW, GAS is amazing with the wheel. I am absolutely stunned by how much better the game plays with the wheel. The force feedback is great. I have everything on default and happy with the feel. I'm planning on getting Xcelerator stand. Currently clamping to a table, the stand will make it even more fun. I'm only silver XBL and having a blast with the weekly racenet challenges. My GT is billowybeech if you want to compare racenet times.
  • xAce28xxAce28x Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2014
    I too have found the force feedback to be very gravelly, like I am driving over very rough tarmac. After reading about the fact that force feedback seems better using the GRID 2 file, I did some investigation. The files are actually pretty much identical as far as I can see except for one very drastic change. 

Inside the file, have a look at this section :

<!-- Surface Wheel Samples -->

<!-- Hard Surfaces-->
    <!--FFBSample name="tarmac" wave="0" envelope="0" wheelScale="0.001" skid="1.0"/-->

Beneath this are parameters for tarmac, ridged, cobble and rumble strip. In the default autosport file, the tarmac line has some rather surprising parameters, if you ask me. You will notice that under the hard surfaces title, there is a line containing tarmac settings too. This is not used as it is inside brackets, like the title of the section. The settings in this line tho, are the exact same ones inside the GRID 2 force feedback effects file. It seems to me that these are the settings that should be directly below in the actual tarmac settings line.

I tried changing the tarmac line to these, and it is exactly the same effect as if you use the GRID 2 file. 

This would seem to be a simple case of an erroneous line of code getting into the file.

I could be wrong of course, it certainly would be rather poor if that is the case, since it is such a crucial parameter, this being a tarmac racing game!

Take a look inside the file for yourselves, see what results you get. I use notepad++ to edit xml files. Perhaps Loore could look into this and report back on his findings?

Ace.

• xAce28xxAce28x Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2014
    I had already changed my file so couldn't upload the old settings but I have just got a backup version from racedepartment, which is exactly as the file appearead in my game before I edited it. This is what the whole section looks like by default:

<!-- Hard Surfaces-->
    <!--FFBSample name="tarmac" wave="0" envelope="0" wheelScale="0.001" skid="1.0"/-->
    <FFBSample name="tarmac" wave="2738" envelope="987" wheelScale="0.85" skid="1.25"/>
    <FFBSample name="ridged"  wave="28" envelope="98" wheelScale = "1.8"/>
    <FFBSample name="cobble"  wave="28" envelope="98" wheelScale = "1.8"/>
    <FFBSample name="rumblestrip" wave="19" envelope="9" wheelScale="1.5"/>

As you can see, the tarmac line looks rather odd. I do not understand why it would be supposed to be like that for driving on smooth tarmac. For reference, here is the GRID 2 file from the same section:

<!-- Hard Surfaces-->
     <FFBSample name="tarmac" wave="0" envelope="0" wheelScale="0.001" skid="1.0"/>
     <FFBSample name="ridged"  wave="28" envelope="98" wheelScale = "1.8"/>
     <FFBSample name="cobble"  wave="28" envelope="98" wheelScale = "1.8"/>
     <FFBSample name="rumblestrip" wave="19" envelope="9" wheelScale="1.5"/>

Hope this can help if anyone is still having issues

Ace.