Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Please release Dirt Rally on PS4!!!!!!!

Comments

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Yes
    Like i said before. Finish the PC version first. Then port it to consoles
    Thats what there doing.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Yes
    The amount of views this thread has is very promising (1.7k)
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    yep, more views and more posts = more chance of it happening

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• WRXSTi2009WRXSTi2009 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    They should release it on PS4. I've bought every DiRT for ps3. Yes even showdown.. -.- but I still supported codemasters. I've been waiting 4 years for a seriously rally game. Codemasters delivers on that. Just make sure you have a Subaru Rally Team USA David Higgins Livery for the 2012-2015 WRX STi's
  • Giorgos78Giorgos78 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    WRC 5 will be out for ps4 in October !!! What about dirt?
    PSN ID: Giorgos78GR
  • xavivgxavivg Member Unleaded
    No
    NO!!!! If it happens... back to RBR...
  • RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    Yes
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited July 2015
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 
    Because consoles are arcade. ARCADE!
    It gives us pro simracers the popcorn disease. DISEASE!

Popcorn starts popping out of our ears and we start to mindlessly wandering about muttering RBR rituals with an empty accusing stare at consoles.

(Maybe he forgot that RBR is on console as well?)
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • TDDBTDDB Member Unleaded
    Yes
    I can't afford a PC but I have a pS4. Seriously some of you people are so selfish.
    Yes
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 
    Because consoles are arcade. ARCADE!
    It gives us pro simracers the popcorn disease. DISEASE!

Popcorn starts popping out of our ears and we start to mindlessly wandering about muttering RBR rituals with an empty accusing stare at consoles.

(Maybe he forgot that RBR is on console as well?)
    I think he's one of those PC Gamers who thinks they're better than console players. Basically an ****. 

No
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 
    Hi @Rallycameraman , sorry but it's what i think. Consoles and Realism are absolutly diferent words, and it's impossible to put together in one game (IMHO). Always the really hard sims are on PC, not on consoles. (example)How many drivers (f1, dtm, rally, f3, gp2, etc..) exercise with PC and how many with consoles? NO way, sims on consoles have no logic... Everybody knows (or should) that the sims only will exist in PC. For compare, dirt rally on PC, it's  like as if I wanted to buy a car and i watch Top Gear to guide me... why? becasuse Top Gear is not serious (apply the same to the consoles...). 
    Thats my opinion, you can tell yours, but respecting the people like normal people, not like a little kid.  "Basically an ****." Fantastic opinion, respect? where are you?

salu2s!
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Stop insulting each other over different platforms, it's childish and most definitely not the point in the thread. This will be your only warning on the topic, I'll close the thread and issue warnings next time round.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Yes
    xavivg said:
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 
    Hi @Rallycameraman , sorry but it's what i think. Consoles and Realism are absolutly diferent words, and it's impossible to put together in one game (IMHO). Always the really hard sims are on PC, not on consoles. (example)How many drivers (f1, dtm, rally, f3, gp2, etc..) exercise with PC and how many with consoles? NO way, sims on consoles have no logic... Everybody knows (or should) that the sims only will exist in PC. For compare, dirt rally on PC, it's  like as if I wanted to buy a car and i watch Top Gear to guide me... why? becasuse Top Gear is not serious (apply the same to the consoles...). 
    Thats my opinion, you can tell yours, but respecting the people like normal people, not like a little kid.  "Basically an ****." Fantastic opinion, respect? where are you?

salu2s!
    So when Early Access is finished on DiRT Rally, and the game is finished and released on PS4/XB1 you'll still go back to RBR? Yeah great logic there chum.

How on earth can the game being released on console, possibly effect you on PC? Oh wait, it can't. As I said, typical PC gamer.

• enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    Yes
    "Man, DiRT Rally was such a good game until they made a console version of it that did not impact my PC version at all. Ruined the game I tell you!"
  • rustyjawrustyjaw Member New Car Smell
    xavivg said:
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 

salu2s!
    You do realize that Project Cars for PS4 outsold the PC version by a large margin, right? There is an audience for sim racing on consoles so why not let them play too?
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    No
    Hmm, I actually wish I could change my vote. Originally I was thinking that I'd rather development was focused on the PC versionamd would be massively compromised for a console audience. I was also annoyed at the question specifying PS4 and not including the XBox; I don't own either, but they have some weird tribalistic rivalry between them for no reason.

However, two things have changed since that.

Firstly, Assetto Corsa has announced console plans. I can't imagine Kunos changing their philosophy much in their port and it would give me hope that Codemasters could do the same.

Secondly, it's become clear that there are no DLC plans for the PC version post-launch. I know there's a third of the rallying content still to come, but with no modding support for extra content either, I would prefer to think of a console version being in the works with additional cars or stages being created, that could be released as DLC for the PC version.

• velosadiogovelosadiogo Member New Car Smell
    Let the game be finished first.... damn!!
    No
    xavivg said:
    xavivg said:
    Haha why? 

salu2s!
    So when Early Access is finished on DiRT Rally, and the game is finished and released on PS4/XB1 you'll still go back to RBR? Yeah great logic there chum.

How on earth can the game being released on console, possibly effect you on PC? Oh wait, it can't. As I said, typical PC gamer.
    I don't want the devs loose time when the game still early access to adapt this game to consoles, only for typical gamers like you, searching an arcade game in a simulator, SIMULATOR! , understand? If this simulator becomes one of the best sims ever, how you will drive in PS4 or Xone? Ah, and you will start crying because "it's too dificult".... Arcade games on Consoles exist to have fun and drive with controller, PC sims exist to simulate the real life, and there's no logic to try it on consoles (IMO). I don't know why you don't understand it, i'm not trying to convince you, it's just my opinion and you have to respect...

Salu2s!
    Yes
    Haha brilliant another one. It's a simulator, SIMULATOR! 

Typical gamers like me? I don't think you've seen my times on this game have you? ;) 

There's plenty of logic to try simulators on console, there's many steering wheels available to use on Ps4 and XB1 too. And no I don't have to respect anyone's opinion, particularly when I think it's pretty stupid. 

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    xavivg said:
    Arcade games on Consoles exist to have fun and drive with controller, PC sims exist to simulate the real life, and there's no logic to try it on consoles (IMO).
    Yeah console, arcade gamers, trying to play sim games on XBone and PS4 with their 'pads' pah. No good sim games were ever released on consoles, ever...
    xavivg said:
    back to RBR...
    Well, except that one...

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists