Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Which console will you play F1 2016 on.

R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
Battle of the consoles is back and with f1 2016 officially announced let see where most of the competitors are.

Which console will you play F1 2016 on. 157 votes

PS4
51%
SynGamerepicsuperoo13JockmcbairdKieranTlikewiseJoethe155djm99unknown113Chazy90Puzom76JasonWilkoProtiousTyranoTiggerReub09softy94coolieboyTomi1997JamesGAyrtonkee69Dboyking1 81 votes
XBOX ONE
23%
Tillj005LGS469FRACTUREDseve15MatthewT2001FiremanPvWinsane79JP072jammie360Legion21DauntingConchGuiaterzero1phurpleepiced9DanielFlandersRwelshtomMrjudOBoy2000tilithomleLynxsSmithycity9997 37 votes
PC
24%
ReikoRaphscottishwildcatsjsharp2010R4pp3rJupiterJoeD4rioEnsiFerrumFootLooseCap10Encarniatc27aL33TPilotqqqqqqvtidixonmanowar97mantazzoCavSTiagoBuzzHornetmpg200Zordinator 39 votes
Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.

Comments

• R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    PC
    Ps4 takes an early lead at 40 votes total lets see who will win by the time f1 2016 releases, has anyone preordered yet and who will preorder and when and why
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • TimdevTimdev Member New Car Smell
    PS4
    Did not expect so many PS4 players  B)    
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    PS4
    • #PS4FTW.       It's gotta be the ps4

-----

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited May 2016
    PC

PC for me as I do most of my gaming on PC

R4pp3r said:
    Ps4 takes an early lead at 40 votes total lets see who will win by the time f1 2016 releases, has anyone preordered yet and who will preorder and when and why

nope I haven't pre ordered as yet but I likely won't at least until we have a confirmed release date from CM

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Race Steward
    PS4
    PS4 would be my top choice. Pretty sure my laptop isn't able to handle new games anymore, even on lowest settings.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • tomatosaucetomatosauce Member Wheel Nut
    XBOX ONE
    Xbox one for me. Looking forward to this game. Can't wait!!!!
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    PC
    Although my laptop is quite slow (GT 630M), I'll still be playing/trying to play it on my laptop. I dont own XB1 or PS4... :D
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • IcelandTBRIcelandTBR Member Wheel Nut
    PC and PS4. I will race on PC for career and any other offline mode as well as making it easier for live streaming, editing and rendering and will also get it on PS4 if former league members also get it for fun online competitive racing.
    PC
    With the beta testing wanting 100 per console and only 92 votes total so far who knows if this pole will actually be a guide as to who may get a chance at a code but so far ps4 is the furthest ahead with pc in second and xbox in third which is surprising i expected xbox to beat pc
  • djm99djm99 Member New Car Smell
    PS4
    Well, if the XBox One version was identical, or better than PS4 then i would get it on Xbox One. All my friends are on Xbox, and for me has a superior controller. For this i always read the comparisons on Digital Foundry before purchase.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited May 2016
    PS4 allthough I have the luxury to play on both consoles. The lack of buttons (the knobs, not the driver  :D) and the better performing PS4 is the main reason for this.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• JamesGJamesG Member Pit Crew
    edited May 2016
    PS4
    PS4 and PC. Usually buy PS4 brand new, and then get it on PC when it goes cheap so I can play with the wheel.

• JockmcbairdJockmcbaird Member Unleaded
    PS4
    Uber excited for this to come out.. Ps4 rocks
  • Robo48Robo48 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    PS4
    Timdev said:
    Did not expect so many PS4 players  B)    
    Same, I thought PC was going to lead the way, because of the fact that there are simply more PC gamers.
  • vtidixonvtidixon Member Pit Crew
    edited May 2016
    PC
    Ordered a gaming pc yesterday so can finally say pc :) I hope mods come back for 2016 as the thought of the 2016 game with mods made me push the purchase button so fingers crossed. Know wont be disappointed with game or pc so just added bonus I guess. Xbox sucks but will still use the ps4 and this thread shows that lol!
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    XBOX ONE
    On here there is probably less Xbox users who log in. PS4 guys were all logging in  with 'new car smell' round about the time the PSN change was screwing everyone's connection. Not sure how accurate the poll will be.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • MBimmerMBimmer Member New Car Smell
    PC
    After getting i7 6700K & Nvidia GTX 980 TI 6GB OC and playing many sim racing games at 1440P (2560x1440) with maxed out settings I don't see myself playing any more on my PS4. Unfortunately, I will be selling one of my Ps4s.  Anyways, PC it is with my T300RS

MSI Nightblade X2: i7 6700k/GTX 980 TI 500W 6GB DDR5/m.2 PCIe SSD 256GBx2 + 2TB/16 GB Ram /Thrustmaster T300RS/Dell 2715H/Harman Kardon Soundsticks ii

• Smithycity9997Smithycity9997 Member New Car Smell
    XBOX ONE
    Xbox one is the place to be. Can't wait for the beta and the full game!!
    PC
    MBimmer said:
    After getting i7 6700K & Nvidia GTX 980 TI 6GB OC and playing many sim racing games at 1440P (2560x1440) with maxed out settings I don't see myself playing any more on my PS4. Unfortunately, I will be selling one of my Ps4s.  Anyways, PC it is with my T300RS

Sounds like a pretty serious machine there im currently still finishing off my build still gotta get a i7 4790K & Asus radeon r390x 8GB, will be interesting to see what the step up is considering im running an 8 year old machine and will suddenly step into a completely new machine